Valencia College Top Questions

Michaella

A person that does not have a flexible schedule, as well as not transporation. The city busses do come through the college at certain campuese, but if you are wanting to take later classes it will be harder for transporation.

Students should attend this school if they are looking to discover the path they would like to take. This school allows you to get your general education classes done while you decide on your attened major.

Everyone should attend this school! The staff is very friendly and very helpful. My friends who go there all love the teachers and the accessability of resources on campus and off campus.

Kaylee

Someone who wants the full-blown "college experience" isn't a likely candidate for Valencia College. Since there are few four year degree programs and no on campus housing, one who is hoping to become independent might not like it as much.

Again, I wouldn't know yet because I start school in three weeks.

Francisco

A person shouldn't attend Valencia if they are a procrastinator. Depending on how bad of a procrastinator one is you can really fall behind to the point of no return and fail the course. That's the only reason I can think of why not to attend valencia it's very welcoming and easy to adjust too.

Valencia College has a strict attendance policy and some professors are expecting students to know the information prior to the class, so if you are out of touch with recent mathematics and english skills I would reccomend to take refreshers, this school is not for somone who cannot keep with attendance policy, or able to put the time into their classes

Someone who doesn't put in a whole lot of effort. The classes aren't all easy and they are much more personal than a large university. Someone who plans on doing nothing and still passing need to find another school, because doing so at Valencia is not going to be successful. For most classes you need the books they actually say you need for the class as well as any other materials that are required. Those who refuse to purchase these are also going to be unsuccessful.

I would not go so far as to say there is a specific type of person who should not attend Valencia College, there is a niche for all types.

Edward

I dont think this school has any restrcitions to anyone. In short anyone and everyone should attend this school.

Well, seeing as its a community college and its cheaper than most universities, its a great place to start. I would be careful of the credits transferring from here to a larger university though. Valencia is like a bunch of loopholes. If you arent ready to jump through them all then you never will get where you need to go. Save your money, there is no easy way around that.

kasandra

Someone who wants big lecture classes.

Eunice

Someone who is serious about getting an top notch education.

Aimee

The kind of person who should not attend this school is one who is lazy and has no ambitions for their life.

This school is GREAT for any and all students. It may be a community college but it it truly feels like a university. It is very diverse and has small classes which is what I like most about it.

Hector

A person not seeking an education.

Jeannette

The type of people that shouldn't attend the school are the ones that enjoy interacting with people and enjoy a well surround environment.

Drive and dedication are necessary when attending any higher institution; including Valencia Community College. Students must set both long term and short term for themselves in order to be academically successful. A student that doesn't posess these key qualities, should work on attaining them if they have hopes of earning a degree. Although these qualities are very important, this college offers numerous programs to help students gain other tools they need to perform well and graduate. Personally, I feel that Valencia Community College is the ideal college for any student; especially struggling students who may need extra academic assistance.

The type of person that shouldn't attend this school, is someone who can't handel diversity ver well. If you have a problem commutig this school isn't for you. If you don't like a larg campus setting, and walking from building to building, across campus, you shouldn't attend this school.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend my school is someone who dosent take school very seriously. Someone who is just going to school because someone else wants them to. A person who is not dedicated to their future and what it has in store for them is not a good candidate for my school and should not attend.

This school welcomes any kind of person and offers many opportunities. If you want to be a small fish in a humongous pond with tons of other small fish, then this isn't the school for you. However, if you would like to be a medium fish in a medium sized pond, then this is the school for you. Valencia Community College doesn't deny any specific type of person. The decison maker in this case should be the student, not the school. There is no specific kind of person that shouldn't attend this school.

Julian

I can't think of any kind of person who shouldn't attend this school. There are all types of people and different activities to choose from. You will learn a lot from Valencia Community College.

An individual composed of integrity, ambition, perseverance, determination, and optimism should attend this school. This school is occupied with an amalgam of students who possess cavalier attitudes towards actively progressing in their studies. In such an atmosphere, people are susceptible to being deterred from their aspirations, and as a result, tend to redirect their attention to social activities. If one is planning to succeed at Valencia, he/she must go against the crowd and attain the mentality of a diligent student. Those who can educationally navigate themselves efficiently will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Every person can attend this school

KATAYA

A person who is looking to start somewhere, but wants to continue education while working.

Christy

Someone who should not go to this school is a slacker. Even though vcc may be a community college it is still taken seriously.

I think anyone that wants to, that really desires to be educated and a better person should attend. If you that kind of person that does not care, then do not even bother. School is not easy, but is not impossible if you really have the desired and the possible attitude you do great.

Evelin

The kind of person that should not attend Valencia is a person who is not self reliant and not determined and responsible for their own actions.

Jehan

A person who has a very low self-esteem needs a career advisor who has never belive that he or she is going to pass a class. A pessimist I would say. Always negative on him or herself. Late in class, and always absent including not to do his or her responsibility as a student to fulfill college requirements and to pass all the classes with a satisfying grade. I am going to include laziness because if someone is lazy they procrastinate till the end of time, when it is time to hand in the project or homework in class.

Someone that shouldn't attend this school is someone who does not have the drive to learn. If you go to this school you better be prepared to have good teachers and learn a lot, so if you have no drive to learn then I would say definately don't go to this school because you WILL most definately be doing the opposite.

Camika

I think a person who is not serious about their future should not attend this school. Valencia is a great college and has alot of opportunities for anyone. If you are not serious about school and your future then you should not attend Valencia.