Orlando, FL

Valencia College

« See more reviews of Valencia College

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would probably warn myself about the costs of school. I would tell myself to be more prepared about the future because if I think I have it easy now, that in the future it would be a different story. Also, I think I would let myself know that in college your professors will be nothing like your highschool teachers. Pay very close attention in class because in some classes you won't be getting the individual attention you're used to. Also to manage your time between work and school very wisely, never underestimate time that you'll need to study. Overall to just try my best. That would be some of the advice I would give myself if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior.

As a college students I would like to advice you on making sure to do all community services on time and study for SAT tests as much as you can. You want to make sure you qualify for a scholarship like Bright Futures. When you enter college, make sure to do the best you can so you don't regret it later on, and wish you should have worked harder in the classes. So do the very best and give it all your efforts to stay with a great GPA. That is very important to have, good grades and a good GPA. Also, Get involved in activities in school!!very important. You will meet a diversity of people and it will make it a better experience for you in the long run. Just remember to follow your dreams and do the best you can in your college career. It'll pay off at the end.

I am so excited about my future; my goal is to become one of the best employers, creating businesses that will put folks back to work. Not just one type of business but several companies to fill needs of our communities. My first business will be in creating a Childcare University for infants and pre-school age children, next some that would be in create community entrepreneur programs, full service relocation business, and international export in business, the list is long and opens to all kinds of possibilities. Just to have the opportunity to have options is quite wonderful and I eager to pursue and use all the knowledge that I have gained in school as well as the internships that have allowed me to learn by experiences in the real world of business.

I would tell myself that college is much better than high school ever was. You are able to talk to advisors who can help you get the most out of your time, especially if you are undecided about a particular degree. You are also able to choose your own class schedule and take as many classes as you like to benefit your time. There is so much to learn, and while it seems overwhelming at first, it is easily adaptable. You will rely on study groups a lot more, but that also helps you make new friends and makes studying a lot easier. The semesters will fly by so fast, you will wonder where the time went. Overall, college is what you make of it, you can still have fun while learning and the feeling of independence and success is so powerful. I love it!

If I could go back into time, I would have asked myself if I was truly ready for school at the university level in michigan. I did not have strong study skills, compared with high school where you could study to pass the test, this is knowledge and critical thinking. I lacked those skills and wish I would have started small before going to a bigger univeristy and I could have avoided a lot of student loan debt and avoided wasted time and money. I would have avoided being in my present situation working a low paying job and being stuck living with family. I wish I would have originally pursued respiratory care when I was in high school. I would have been in a better position financially and academically would have been further then where I am now.

If i were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say that studying hard is the key to success. If I'm having difficulty in a class then I would ask for help from my classmates and professors or go to the tutoring center. I would plan and write down important dates and deadlines in my planner so I wouldn't miss out in anything. Keeping myself up to date on my general status is also important, such as having any holds on my financial record or filling out my FAFSA. Applying for other scholarships is a highly financial benefit and helps you pay for your career as you go along. Getting involved with the school is recommended because you can update yourself on upcoming events which may benefit you in various ways.

I would advice myself to get more involved in the activities offered by the school, try to join clubs that pertain to my fields of interest or enhance my transcripts. Begin to participate on plays or join a sport, since these activities create a wider sense of appeal to scholarships, and Universities. Take summer classes in order to advance my high school education, and open the doors for Dual Enrollment possibilities. Begin my community service early and not let it all gather for college. Sit down more often with my counselors and get more information on the different college?s option, and their available degrees. Finally, I would get some letters of recommendations from my teachers for my resume, transcripts, or school applications.

If I could go back to my senior year in high school and give myself advice knowing what I know now the main thing I would tell myself is that you have to read the book. All through school I never really had to read the textbook and I always still did very well. However in college you need the book, there is a lot of information that comes from the books that are very important. Also you are going to need more time to do homework then yoou did in highschool so make sure to make a little more time in your schedule. Another thing keep a calender with you at all times. When a teacher tells you when something is due you can just take out your calender and have all of your due dates in one place. It will help, I promise!

Looking back now I would definately give myself more advice on study tips and time management. I work full time and take night classes all week, and it is hard trying to manage everything together. Managing when to study, knowing when things are due for certain classes and making sure you get it done on time is very important and sometimes it get really hard to keep up with it all. If you dont study your grades suffer and then you could wind up paying for the same class over again, not something that most people want to do, so if you prepare yourself with better study habbits, and manage your time between classes, and the amount of time you study for each class, you are going to be better off in the long run.

The first thing I would tell myself if i could go back would be to try and get as much scholarship money as possible because nothing is cheap in college. Then I would try and warn myself to be prepared because unlike most highschool professors these teachers will not hold your hand or pity you, once you are told what to do that is it just do it or fail. The last thing I would say is to make the most of your senior year in high school because that is the last time you really get to be a kid and once you enter college try to continue to have fun. Understand that passsing your classes is extremely important especially because of all the money you have to pay but at the same time enjoy yourself as much as possible.