Valparaiso, IN
Valparaiso University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Valparaiso University

Fiona

Don't be afraid to look. People don't always realize that there are all these opportunities around them, and even when they do, they don't always appreciate it. Sometimes the most important things are learned outside the classroom, so make sure to find a school with a good environment for you as well as a good academic program.

Someone who is religiously open-minded, enjoys the arts, and focused on getting somewhere academically.

The teachers and classes. I've learned a lot and had a lot of opportunities to try things. Both theatre and psychology have given me hands-on experience.

Randol

Meteorology, business, nursing, basketball, law school

Meteorology, business, nursing, basketball, law school

Apply to everything, and don't let anyone pressure you to make a desicion. You may not find the right fit until the very end.

the buidlings are all pretty old and need to be updated but the new construction makes up for it

Please do not pick a school solely based on cost because a college student extracts more from experiences in the classroom and training field than from cookie cutter state schools which do not allow room or time for thought beyond the textbook. College is something that should be achieved early on,so find a school that will equip the student with knowledge in four years or less. Find a school that has a good reputation for excellent academic counseling. This is key to reducing stress on the student. Find a school that places priority upon incorporating good values and morals. College is a great experience that allows interaction and bonding with fellow classmates, and it is also an opportunity to grow as a person. Responsibilty is learned best by taking on a position in a club,sorority,fraternity,the cafeteria,bookstore,gym,lab, or an off-campus job. Find a school that allows the student to stay busy with studies,work, and friendships. Find a school that will accomodate to your needs financially. Finally, ask around and get a better idea of what reputation the school he or she may have in mind has out in the public.

It is hard to pick a kind of person who should not attend this school because it is a school that offers a wide range of degrees. I would have to say that this school is not for someone who wants the minimum. Valparaiso University is not inexpensive by any means,but it offers a Lutheran spin on things by always looking at life's experiences through a Christan lens. So, Valparaiso University is not for someone who wants the most basic degree and does not want connection and discussion with others about God.

There is always a new construction project at Valparaiso University. It is frustrating because I know the campuse is beautiful,but all of the dirt and equipment clutter the open spaces and obstruct parking. It is a good thing that the school wants to move forward with improvements,but it is too bad that I cannot see the finished product while attending school. I want to go back and visit in the future so I can see what changes have been made.

Desmond

I would advice parents and students to make the best choice financially when it comes to choosing a college. One should always explore every option possible. However, when it comes to making a final choice, money can make or break the college experience. Choosing a school that is too expensive can cause unneccesary stress down the road. When I first went off to college, I chose a school that my mother nor I could afford. I ended up not only registering late numberous semester because of holds on my student account, I also had to withdraw, which is prolonging my time to graduation. Scholarships are definitely a student's best friend. Remember, if a scholarship applies to you, apply for it!!!

I wish I would have known how convenient everything is in relation to campus and how much financial aid I could receive. Had I known these things, I would have chosen Valparaiso University immediately upon graduating high school.

Most people know Valpo for it's Basketball team and the famous on-the-buzz shot that Carson Drew's son made about a decade ago. It is also recognized as a Lutheran affiliated college. Some people recognize it because Chicago is only an hour or so away by train.

One should devote much time and effort into researching for colleges. I recommend checking out the college's website, making a college visit, speaking with as many current students or alumni has possible, and seeking outside resources such as this one. Ultimately, you must find a location which offers three things; a sound academic environment, a social network which fits your interests and a price which matches your financial needs. Don't hesitate to apply to many different places. Even a private university whose price tag is high may surprise you with scholarship or work-study opportunities (as was the case for myself). Attending college is designed to open doors of opportunity and this certainly was the case for me at VU. I took advantage of a year long study abroad program in Germany, enjoyed being invovled in campus groups such as a drama troupe, and advanced my own education by taking on a 40 page research project on Genetically Modified Foods! I am fully satisfied with my college choice mainly due to my prior research. It was a joint decision between myself and my supportive parents where I would go, but then my own responsibility to give me all!

I had trouble thinking of what to say here. Most distrubing is VU's conflicting image. It is known as a Lutheran school. It's honor's program is called "Christ's College." Nevertheless, certain Professors or programs seem to deviate from this conservative image. I thought VU was very clean cut. I was surprised to find out that heavy drinking DOES occur, though it is only popular among the frats. I think the Lutheran image will soon be reinstated now that President Heckler has recently taken over for Haare. He is a true disciple for Christ.

Kristen

They're all diverse and unique, with a large capacity for caring about others.

They're all diverse and unique, with a large capacity for caring about others.

It's important to understand what you want your college experience to be, and then select the colleges that you think could fit that criteria and visit them. Don't ever go to a college you're not sure about, and you can't be exactly sure unless you do your research and visit the institutions.

The best things about this school are the ability to make friends and the small class sizes. It's easier to get to know the professors and talk to them about the course, and get a real answer from them because they know you and your personality.

Matt

Make sure that you child makes the correct decision. Keep your children in your thoughts you might not think it matters but every bit of help from the outside helps.

People should attend this school if they would like to put an emphasis on studying while still having a good time on the weekends.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the hard work load that comes along with my major. Very often I find myself dstudying much more than I should

Johnna

Our meteorology and engineering colleges bring in a lot of students because they are small and specialized.

The most important thing when choosing a college is actually visiting it, especially while school is still in session. The student needs to see whether the people who attend that school could be his or her friend. As far as making the most of the college experience? Learn how to put down a book, for all you nerds, and learn how to control your "I'm free now!" impulses.

That I get to have a break every day for morning prayer.

Valparaiso University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.