Valparaiso, IN
Valparaiso University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Valparaiso University

Connie

I actually never made it to my senior year in High School. If I could go back to my sophmore year, I would tell myself that even though I was a young mother, I could finish High School with honors and get into a very nice college.

There are tons of groups to be involved in and all of them are always putting on some kind of program to get the students involved. You can guarantee that you will never be bored on campus.

I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships and get a job. I am constantly worried about my expenses and whether or not I will be able to pay everything off.

Everyone on campus is nice and polite. Valpo really feels like a welcoming community.

Excited about lehigh, the future and where they fit in a community.

Excited about lehigh, the future and where they fit in a community.

This time of the year (early October) I have found myself thinking a lot about where I was just a year ago. I was frantically trying to fit myself into a hundred different scenarios at all of the top tier schools in the country. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that everything really does work out. In the end, it does not matter the "brand name" of your school, it matters if your school gets you. Yes, a lot of college is what you make it, but in the end you want a school that understands you as a student and offers opportunities for bettering yourself intellectually and as a global citizen. Well, it turns out that that's what colleges are all about! They have to "get" you AND your polar opposite that lives accross the hall. I like to tell my friends in the throws of the application process that although it may seem impersonal now, colleges devote massive amounts of time and energy into understanding you as a person, not just as a student. Remember that when you are accepted you really are more than a common app ID number.

Someone who cannot see past the stereotypes of frat boys and sorority girls should not attend. Lehigh University is a lot more than that. Go deeper. This school rewards you for expanding yourself and for the giving of your thoughtful observations of the educational institution.

Charles

Valparaiso is unique compared to other schools in many ways. It is a small school that focuses on a rounded view of education in order to ensure that each student receives an education that is beyond adequate. The majority of the classes offered by Valparaiso are small with professors that know students on a personal level and offer assistance however possible.

After living the college life for just three semesters, there is endless advice I would give myself as a high school senior if I could go back in time. However, my advice could be categorized into two key aspects; organization and setting goals. Adjusting to college life would not have been possible for me if not for careful planning. The key to managing any busy schedule is organization. The same concept applies to college and everything that comes along with it. I would tell myself that I would be faced with countless assignments, events, social gatherings, and numerous other obligations that all require time and effort. Organization is a powerful tool to ensure that every requirement is appropriately dealt with. However, organization is redundant if there is a lack of direction and purpose. Goal setting illustrates exactly what should be accomplished by a set time. Goals need organization in order to be executed properly, and organization depends on goals to produce a map to success. Setting goals and committing to organization are co-dependent upon each other.The transition to college life can be challenging, but with the right step forward, it can be an extremely successful experience.

Students looking to attend Valparaiso University should be willing to work hard in a competitive academic environment. Future students should be involved in on-campus organizations to acquire a social education along with an academic learning experience in order to reach their full potential. Finally, students looking to attend Valparaiso University should be high performing individuals with a drive for success.

Charles

Valparaiso University is a small Lutheran school dedicated to pushing students to achieve their maximum potential.

My class mates are hard working students with a common goal of self improvement.

Teryn

If I went back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to allow worrying and stress to hinder my actions. Even when a choice seems impossible, such as choosing a college, I've realized that everything always seems to work out alright. No matter where you go to school you will have likes and dislikes. The challenge is to not let such petty things and worries inhibit you from making your college experience your own. Stressing and worrying only impede your ability to perform, and often times make you less productive. However, if you are not overcome by stress and worry, you can actively pursue a solution to your problems, and ultimately become a better person from it.

The worst thing about this school is the weather. It is generally either raining, snowing, sleeting, hailing, extremely windy, or any combination of these. This can really put a damper on one's mood.

A person should not attend this shcool if they are not interested in a liberal arts education. This is a prominent focus at Valpo, and penetrates all fields of study. For example, in my chemistry class, we are asked to write abstracts for our lab experiments. In biology, we write review papers for various seminars and lectures also. If someone is focused on a particular area of study, and feels that liberal arts would add unnecessary "busy-work" to his or her studies, then this school is not for them.

Amy

My college experience has helped me gain independence and the interpersonal communication skills necessary to be successful in my career. College not only teaches you the academic knowledge necessary to flourish, but helps you become a well rounded individual who is able to make connections between multiple disciplines and analyze varying situations. In today’s ever changing world it is even more crucial to be able to take meaning for everything you learn and apply that knowledge to situations as they arise. College has helped me be flexible in my career, and see many areas where my expertise can be useful for the betterment of a project. I feel strongly that education will help me further my career by giving me options for advancement. With knowledge comes opportunity, which is why I am pursuing my masters degree to progress my career. An advanced degree will enable me to have an even broader depth of knowledge with which to draw upon. College is vital to survival in a competitive market and will prove one of the most valuable assets I possess

Wyatt

The one word that would describe my university is diversity because it has a very good study abroad and exchange program that allows on-campus students and commuters to make good friends with individuals from countries all around the world.

The first thing I have gotten out of my college experience was learning that it is sometimes quite difficult to discover what you want for your life. When I first came to Valparaiso University as a freshman, I thought I desired to become a civil engineer one day; however, that turned out not to be the case at all several semesters down the road when I happily decided to change to my current majors of Mathematics and Chinese Japanese Studies. I learned that sometimes you have to dig deeper within yourself in order to answer the big questions of who you are and what you want from your life. The one, other big thing I learned from my college experience thus far is that I have to work extremely hard when pursuing the things I desire for the future. For example, I had to file and work through a ton of paperwork in order to obtain the chance to study abroad in Japan this Spring semester. However, that patience and determination to get all of that completed allowed me the rare opportunity to do just that. These lessons and others that I have learned make my college experience worthwhile.

The best thing about my school is probably that you are able to make life-long friends there through classes, clubs, and school events. This is also quite easy I think compared to other schools because Valparaiso University is very open and kind toward different cultures and ways of thinking. While obtaining one's degree is quite important, it also very important to make close friends at one's college. They are your family away from home that can help you in any obstacle you may come across at your university.

dyesha

By attending my 2 year community college I have experience some of the best professors, who are loving and caring and also who wants to see their students succeed in the future. I always thought it would be different from a university because we don't have as many sports as a university but yet we still have different organizations for students to understand others and also become as one. Eventhough, I couldn't afford to go to the university of my dreams I knew I had to continue my education for my family and I. So I just have to thank Guilford Community College for working with me and letting me know no matter what I go through I can and will better my future. No matter how hard I may still struggle to pay my tutition I'm going to still press hard to finish my education. This college experience have been the best decision for me so far, letting me be able to explore life but not letting me forget what I want in life and what I will do to make sure my future and goals are met. So never judge a book by its cover.

Valparaiso University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.