Valparaiso University

« See more reviews of Valparaiso University

I really wish I had known that community college isn't bad; I was raised in a family that negativelt judged community colleges and the students that attended; just because you start small does not make you any less of a person than someone attending a large-scale 4-year university. I also wish I had tried harder in high school so I could have taken higher level classes my first year here.

There is one thing that I wish I knew before I came to this school. I wish that I had known what all the professors were like. I was unaware of what kinds of things the professors would do in the classroom and how they teach their classes.

I wish I would have known how convenient everything is in relation to campus and how much financial aid I could receive. Had I known these things, I would have chosen Valparaiso University immediately upon graduating high school.

I wish that I had a better understanding of the classes that I needed for the careers that I wanted to pursue earlier in my college experience. I've had to change my career goals due to changes in school curriculum.

Just that it would be have been better to have gotten all of my finances squared away in the beginning so that it would not have become an on-going problem that affects other aspects of my life.

I wish I had known that everyone who is not in a fraternity is completely absorbed in academics. There are not any normal people here; they are a fraternity alcoholics or book-diving nerds.

There isn't much. The school made exceptional efforts to allow the student understanding of what to be expected, and what is expected of them.

It's really really cold here, but don't let that dishearten you because you can still study abroad and go somewhere warm!!!

Someone else from my town that was going here, I live 4 hours away and not having a car on campus is hard sometimes.

I wish I had known that I could ask for help and be taken seriously by faculty and staff members.