Vanderbilt University Top Questions

Carter

Vanderbilt University is known for being one of the top universities in the country and is probably best known for their undergraduate pre-med program, medical school, and top research facilities. With that being said, Vanderbilt offers a lot more than just a stepping stone to med school. The College of Arts and Sciences, which I attend, offers degrees in almost every field. The Blair School of Music is renowned; anyone pursuing a career in music would love to study there. The undergraduate degrees obtained here at Vanderbilt can open a world of possibilities for their graduates.

Deborah

The girls in pearls, guys in suits, partying hard and studying even harder.

Ryan

Vanderbilt is known for so many different things, most of which I'm not even aware of. I seem to learn something new and amazing about the school every month or so. To name a few, we have the #1 ranked education school in the country (Peabody) and we also have one of the nation's top 25 hospitals. Certain professors have also done very important work in their fields; for instance, Marianne Ploger in ear training or E. E. Barnard in astronomy.

Malav

It is well known for it's Medical School .

Laura

We've been stigmatized as rich and preppy but I've gotten to know a diverse array of students here who are extremely intelligent and friendly. Appearances can be deceiving.

Ching-Yuan

Reputation, great financial aid, strong academic resources.

Brent

Snobbing rich kids you drive BMWs and live off of daddy's money obssessed with Greek Life and who got in on pure wealth/legacies not intelligence or merit. Where everyone wears polo shirts with the collars popped, guys have seersucker shorts and flip flops and girls miniskirts and Ugg boots or flip flops. Where the frats and sororities reign supreme. Where drunkeness is expected. Where everyone is too rich and spoiled to give a crap about the world.

Sam

It's best known for its academics. It's known for high-quality education with distinguished professors.

Ryan

Excellent academic programs.

Michelle

Vanderbilt is known for the beauty of its campus and its students. More than that, however, it is known for its academic integrity and overall excellence.

Nakul

Beautiful campus, lively social scene, great balance of academics and socializing, strong volunteering engagement, strong academics, good reputation.

Brian

Being prepy.

reputation, parties, attractive people, wealth, good jobs, arboretum

Ali

Probably its Greek life

Erik

It's Attitude

Meaghan

Vanderbilt is best known for its academics, preparation for different careers, and networking available after graduation.

Sam

Quality education. Strong follower of the "Work Hard, Play Hard" motto.

Ching-Yuan

National ranking and the best hostipal in the nation.

Nancy

The Medical Center is very well known. We are also known for being a Southern, elitst school where Greek life dominates, which does have some truth.