Costa Mesa, CA
Vanguard University of Southern California

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Vanguard University of Southern California

Kimberly

Listen to all the teachers and older friends and family that gave advice about college. They have been through the same changes and have incredible and useful insight. Also, aways remember to be yourself, people will love you for that. Finally, boys are not everything, focus first on making strong connections with the girls in your dorm and have fun!

I went to a college prep school so I feel like I was very prepared both academically and socially to go to a small college.

Khrisa

If I could go back and speak to my younger self, I would say "Khrisa, you do not need to worry about college. As long as you apply yourself, you will do fine." Coming into college I was worried about everything: how to pay for school, how hard my classes would be, if I would get lost on campus, and if I was going to be able to make new friends. About two months into school I realized that most of these fears were not necessary; classes are an easy transition from high school, my campus isn't as large as it first seemed, and I had friends within my first hour of being on campus. If I knew then what I know now, I would've been able to better enjoy myself instead of overwhelming myself with those unneeded concerns.

andy

Being very laid back and a "beachy" styled school.

Being very laid back and a "beachy" styled school.

I would tell anyone as well as myself to look more at the little things in chosing a College, like the food, lifestyle, living conditions, and such. Noticing the smaller things and being able to like them will make your experience at college much more enjoyable.

Meagan

My classmates are fun, loving, supportive, and friendly.

My classmates are fun, loving, supportive, and friendly.

Our school is best known for out athletics (basketball and soccer, mostly), being a Christian university, and outreach to the community and to other countries.

I would tell myself to start studying early on in the year. I would also tell myself to take more AP classes or college classes at a community college, if nothing else but to get acclamated to the subject. I wish that I had had more confidence in taking harder classes. The rigor of study needed for different majors varies greatly but it all depends on what you want to do and what you enjoy. For example, if you want to go to medical school, you can be whatever major you want. You don't have to be a science major, you just have to take a few science classes to take the MCAT (like the SAT's for medical school). Also, I would tell myself that it isn't as scary as it sounds. Most schools help their students transition a lot. They would never leave a student behind. Everything is new but it will be routine eventually and you'll wonder why you worried.

Sara

College is a major transition for a young adult. Moving into my dorm in which I knew no one was both an exciting and frightening experience. Now that I have gone through the process, I would go back in time and tell myself not to worry so much about it. Although it seemed like everyone is making friends quickly and getting along, I now know that better friends come with time. I would tell myself to be open to other people and get to know everyone because you never know who might end up a friend for life.

The small science labs do not focus strongly on research.

Laura

If I could go back into time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing how college life is I would have told myself to try harder. Knowing now that I need a lot of discipline with time, money, and homework I would have started preparing myself. I would also tell myself that I need to have a contact with my college and see all the requirements I needed. In this case I wouldn't stress out so much about the paper work. Most importantly I would tell myself not to leave anything last minute.

Any type of person should attend this school it has great professors the education is great.

Salvador

I would tell myself not to wait five years to attend college. Do not be afraid, you will enjoy everything. Just take the leap and go for it. I would also tell myself to have the experiance of your last highschool year in public school. You must way to much not being involved in the regular school. Also keep track of your grades because you will need them for scholarship money.

A person willing to have an open mind but also willing to have God work in their life.

The Cafe meal plan, it should have the cost of meals transfer to outtakes. If you don't use your meals you lose them. And it is not written correctly about how outtakes works.

My classmates are friendly and inviting.

Don't worry too much the right doors will open up. Relax enjoy high school it will soon be over. Learn as much as you can and be ready for a new adventure in college.

Heather

Get involved on campus! Go to all new student activities and hang out with a variety of different people to make friends. However, set aside ample time to study. Take professors advice and study the suggested amount! It's easy to get lost in all the social activities and stay up late with your new friends while living on campus, but don't forget about the real reason you're there: academics! Friends and involvements make your time more memorable and significant, but a better education for a career is your goal. Don't waste you or your parents money, make achievable goals for yourself. In college, people are much more willing to hear your story, your point of view, it doesn't matter so much any more your "stereotype" such as geek, jock, cheerleader, band member, etc. Therefore listen to others and formulate your own individual opinions, participate in group discussions. In addition, working on campus has been a great experience. You get to know a lot of new faces, as well as have an opportunity to be an on-campus leader. College gives you a time to step out as individual, so take advantage of it!

Although we have an excellent athletic program and great school spirit, our athletic venues are lacking due to available funds. Some teams have to go off campus for practice and our gym is really small.

Itzel

Do not be afraid to try new things and know new people. Through these people you will learn many things, and experience experiences that you will never forget. Take a chance and make life time friends, don't fear what they might think of you, just keep on keeping on. Remember what your mother has always told you, "honey you know that if someone else can do it, so can you. Go and do it!" Be an over achiever, don't be satisfied with the grade you got, always look for ways to get a better grade and opinions. Look for a university/college that you will feel comfortable in, one that fulfills your expectations and one that has a good program for your major. Never give up, always ask for help when you need it and don't be afraid to do so. Do your best and the outcome will be your best. Remember your mothers words, and keep on keeping on never give, keep walking forward and learn from your mistakes but do not stay there, keep walking forward an learn. Have Fun!

A person who wants to learn and have access to diversity. People who would want a Christian orianted school.

The fact that Vanguard University is a Private Christian Univesity and that it has a small student body of 2,000 studenst.

Vanguard University of Southern California administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.