Vanguard University of Southern California Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Vanguard University of Southern California

Dorien

Vanguard is a great school. I'd say high morale and high fun. It has a perfect balance that some lack to see.

At Vanguard, you will be integrated into a community of life long learners and world changers. You will be challenged daily by your professors and peers to consider worldviews different from your own. You will be more than a number: people will know your name. As an English major, I've been in a class with eight other students and it was wonderful to receive individualized mentoring. Students are encouraged to put their learning to use through missions trips, study abroad, and internships. English majors are encouraged to go write for local magazines and newspapers, while History and Poli-Sci majors have the chance to study in DC and intern at the capitol. Communications majors get to go to Sundance Film Festival and Business majors have a trip to Australia. The theater department is one of the best in Orange County. The dorms are not stellar, but at least there are no community bathrooms. Only the sophomore girls get AC. The cafeteria is always a source of complaint. They try too hard to be exotic and they never have enough gluten free options. However, the small coffee shop on campus is always busy and students love to sit together in the courtyard between classes.

Damariz

I think Vanguard University is a great school. I enjoy going to class everyday, attending chapel, hanging out with friends for dinner and many class events. I also love the community and how together we going each other to deepen our faith. I love that academics and faith are integrated and how we are all in this together.

Maleeah

I love how Vanguard is a small tight knit community to where you can walk around campus and say hi to ten or more people you know as soon as you step outside of your dorm. I’m really glad I lived on campus because I have met some great friends and it helps in life learning experiences outside of the classroom. I love the small class sizes and the chance to get close with the professor.

Merveille

It's an amazing close net Christain University full of people that genuinely care about you as a person. The teachers are well invested in the student and their futures. They are always willing to help out with assignments we do not understand. Everyone has great intentions and want to see you succeed.

Natalie

Vanguard is a place where you can find community and love. The people are what make the university a safe place for learning and for socializing. I have learned so many new things from the perspective of the professors and from the students that attend there. Living on campus is convenient because everything you need is on campus. If you are looking to get away, they conveniently have Zip-Cars that you can rent so you can go to the beach, the shopping centers, or just go out to eat with friends.

Jinhyuk

It is a really great school, the school itself is quite small and so are its numbers but if you apply to school here thats exactly what you are looking for. You definitely wont' be a number and any opinion you have will be heard. It's the big state schools but it's really great in that way because you'll be able to be a voice and do something rather than just another face.

Paige

I really do like Vanguard University. It has a wonderful atmosphere where everyone is polite and welcoming, especially to freshmen like me. The cafeteria food is okay sometimes, I do wish there was more gluten free options since I am gluten free. But other than that I really enjoy this college experience so far.

Vanguard is a small school and very welcoming environment. All of the professors truly care about their students in and outside the classroom. The school is Christian based so chapels and core religion classes are required however the religion is not pushed upon the students.

Leslie Ann

I love it how it's a small, private and Christian University! Everyone seems really nice!! The professors at Vanguard are all helpful, they want you to succeed inside and outside of their class. I love their food that they serve in the cafeteria! However housing price and books are very expensive. Overall, it's an excellent campus.

Jeremiah

I love Vanguards teacher to student ratio. The school is very small so there is not a lot of campus overwhelming activity. I like the intimacy of the campus and the fact that it is spiritually based! The athletes are pretty solid and we frequently see a few celebrities grace the campus like Koby Bryant and his girls youth basketball team I believe his daughter also plays on. I do wished however, that the administration and especially the finance department were more dedicated to assisting new students and even transfer students with the financial aspects of helping us save money by alerting us to deadlines and such. It can be overwhelming gathering al the much needed financial information.

Andrea

I enjoy attending Vanguard. I have met a lot of new people and made really good friends. I like the environment and the relationships the teachers have with their students. I usually don't enjoy the food they provide. I live on campus and I think the rooms are about average.

Charlotte

Vanguard has morphed me into the person I am today. It's not only challenging academically, but it challenges you morally and spiritually. It makes you want to be a better person and think of life outside of college is not only about the job you accept, but about the person you choose to be. Definitely a wonderful character building campus and so many friendly, amazing teachers that I know I will keep in touch with for years. Because it is a small school, you feel like a huge family at thanksgiving in the cafeteria and you will always run into someone you know when walking to class. Not to mention, you really get to know other people from different backgrounds and get to know them as more than an acquaintance. Lastly, the location is beautiful. Sitting perfectly in Costa Mesa, you get the ocean breeze and beautiful weather 90% out of the year. There is so much around the campus, including the fairgrounds and triangle square, that there is so much room to escape campus for a while and explore. Newport Beach is a few miles away where the weekend is mostly spent at the beach and enjoying coastal living. I would recommend Vanguard University to anyone.

Summer

It is an amazing, clean, and welcoming university. One of the most amazing things about this college is it is a private Christian university and has religion implemented into their curriculum. However, they don't require you to be religious to attend! They also have private bathrooms for each dorm. Much cleaner! I would be extremely grateful if I were to attend Vanguard University of Southern California.

amberli

I believe it helps kids to connect with people of the same beliefs and passions. You are able to meet so many new people in all the fun opportunities we have. Even connect and works together to achieve goals that they want. I love being at vanguard and being with all these amazing student, teachers and staff.

Vanguard University is a school to attend if your main priority is school itself. Without greek life or a football team, it seems almost as if it isn't college. You go to school, do homework, and go to work. In addition to this, the size is something to take into consideration as well. Vanguard is smaller than my high school. In fact, Vanguard is smaller than most high schools. When you go to this school, everyone pretty much knows or knows of mostly everyone. Because of this, everyone knows your business. A positive side to the school being so small is the interaction we have with our professors. It is very easy to reach out to your professor and they usually get back to you right away and genuinely care about what you have to say.

Kimberly

My overall opinion on Vanguard University has been extremely well, I have currently been attending Vanguard for one semester and all I can say is that I would not want to go somewhere else to pursue my major. Vanguard University is a safe place where we can feel good about interacting with our professors and have one on one talks on how we can improve academically. Not only does Vanguard have a great system of tutoring groups, a writing center and much more but we, the students have the opportunity to attend Chapel on a daily basis and have God's love be with us at all moments of our journey.

Alexis

I really like it here, if you are serious about getting to know God and about your education, then this is the school for you. Since I have been here I have met so many good people. Beside going to class we do a lot of off campus activities. This is a great University to attend

Janea

I love the culture and area it’s located. I also love that this college is one of the few universities that do everything they can to help each student.

I love it! It feels like a family! Every person that I’ve met is so nice and I feel like myself. I am so glad I chose Vanguard University because it has helped me open up and be more confident in myself. It has also helped me get in a better relationship with God which I really needed. All the professors are so nice and whenever you want to meet with them they’re always available.

Leslie

Vanguard University is a small, private, christian university; with those characteristics being said, the atmosphere is quite different then the traditional college scenario. Although most people at the school are very friendly, the minority groups that do attend the school feel belittled and as if they do not belong. However the small class to teacher ratio has helped be focused on the topics that I am learning about. There are pros and cons for Vanguard, as any school has.

Sontonio

I am looking forward to attending Vanguard in fall of 2019. By doing my research of the school academic department and what it has to offer I feel that I have made the best choice.

Maddyson

My overall opinion on Vanguard University of Southern California is that it is extremely safe with a police and fire department right next to the college. The students there make you feel welcomed and apart of the Lion family. The staff members make sure you are heard. The involvement there with not only extra curricular activities, but also church is amazing.

ana

I really enjoy the campus it is clean there is a safe environment where people can give there opinions without being judged. It is a tight knit community where every student helps each other out. Every faculty is there to help you succeed.

Grace

I may have only been at this school at a short time but I can already tell that the community here is amazing and close-knit. I believe that the smaller size is something that makes vanguard stand out more than other universities. A smaller student body means that the class sizes are smaller and lessons are much more personal and intimate in nature. Overall my experience here has been positive and I'm looking forward to the coming years.

Caitlin

Vanguard University of Southern California is a beautiful campus that should get a lot more recognition. The academic opportunity’s are great here and so are the sizes of classes. I love the community and the love that is felt at this place, it is extremely welcoming.

Jazmine

I think that it has a great impact on the students that are there. They are very welcoming as well! They put God first above all else. They have a nice campus with good cafe food. I love talking to the students and getting to know them personally. The counselor did a great job as well.

I love it there. From the moment I went to campus, I felt welcome. We are a very tight-knit group, and we help each other out. The class sizes are reasonably and professors are always willing to go out of their way to help you. Events are always going on for the students. The campus is commuter friendly as well. Commuters have a kitchen and room where they could hang out, eat, and/or study.

angela

Amazing staff, academics, people.