Ventura, CA
Ventura College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ventura College

gabriela

Don't wait about for others to do things for you. Go out and explore what is out there for you. Take advantage of the opportunities because there is a lot of others dying to have the chance you have to be in school.

Parking at Ventura College would have to be the worst. It's really stressful because you don't know how long it will take you to find a parking space . Also the staff at Ventura College don't stress enough to get all the information about financial help, activies, etc.. to the students, so much of the informatiob goes unheard

I think any kind of person should attend. Teachers are great . Also the course variety is great.

Alexa

I no longer like referring to my last year of high school as,"Senior Year" as much as I prefer to call it,"Intro to Real Life". If I was standing face to face with myself at the beginning of my Intro to Real Life, I would tell her to hold on to goals instead of people, not give up highest desires for momentary happiness, and to apply all energy to working towards a successful future -instead of surrending to stress and settling for an average, comfortable present. I would insist that she is capable of exchanging hours spent dwelling on overwhelmingly long lists of tasks for actually completing each duty, because success in all facets of life is attainable with time management and self belief. Those heavy work loads and obligations to prioritize were only preparing me for right now. My transition to college has not been easy due to my track record of procrastination, pessimism, and low self esteem, but those are all things I'm overcoming because Real Life is a course that requires working ahead, optimism, and independance, and it's a course I'm determined to recieve an A in.

Before setting foot on the Ventura College campus, I wish I had known that the school was not my enemy. I had abundant anxiety and skepticism towards enrolling in college at all due to the fact that I'm an unorthodox pipe dreamer. However, VC offers what they call the VC Promise: a chance to be awarded the first year of tuition completly free. Had I not taken advantage of that opportunity, I probably would not have been introduced to new, more "practical" subjects that have left me smitten about school and inspired to continue on to hopefully, a UC.

The only thing that I dislike about Ventura College is the lack of courses available in certain areas of study. I wish that more Journalism and Film classes were offered at the my school, but unfortunatley, many of the classes I found most intriguing upon registering are only offered at Ventura College's Moorpark branch, which is too far of a commute for me. Nevertheless, as I stated before, the campus I attend now has allowed me to enroll in other appealing subjects, taught by prodigious teachers who have helped spark an interest and an open mind to other fields.

If I could talk to myself in high school I would highly advise myself to get a job as soon as poosible and to work on my study habits to find out what helps me learn as much as possible in as little amount of time as possible.

The best thing about Ventura College is the excellent math and science program they offer.

I wish I knew how important studying would be and the ammount of self motivtion I needed to succeed.

Dustin

I would tell my younger self to take alot more college credit courses in high school as they would be far more easier in high school than in college. I would also tell myself to enjoy the little things, moms home cooking, friends, family, and living at home where your familiar with everyone and everything. I would tell myself to slow down and enjoy life, stay up a little later and play a little harder. Working hard in your studies and athletics will take you far, and you will not always be able to put on those pads and play some football. Ultimately, i would have told myself to live life to the fullest with no regrets, don't put off until tomorrow what you could get done today. Lastly, don't take anything for granted, life may throw you curve balls but the main thing is you grit your teeth, crowd the plate, and swing the bat.

The worst thing would have to be the limited about of parking on campus available, but Iowa State University makes up for that with their excellent bus system (free to any ISU student)

The atmosphere is great, there are alot of great new people you will meet. Alot of the acedemic advisors along with professors are very helpfull in assisting you with your needs. Another great thing about my college is that we refer to ourselves as "ONE", coming from the "o-n-e" in Cyclone. We all come together to support our beloved sports teams and athletes. Its just a great atmosphere to be in.

Alma

My school is the open door that will give to the community more options to succed in their life, and this helps in self improvement and in the improvement of the community as well.

Stay focus in your goals, yet be flexible with them, be flexible to changes. Sometimes things do not go the way you planned them to be. It is not going to be an easy trip, but you should never give up your expectatives, fight for them because nobody can take them but you. It may not be the way you dreamed of but if success were easy to achieve everybody will succed. But only few people succed and it is on you to achieve it. But the most important thing is to enjoy. Enjoy every minute you spend in school, enjoy every new friend you make. Enjoy every homework, every test. Because when you enjoy it, the result is better than you imagined. So, go and fight for your goals and enjoy every task that life put on your way, because that will make a better you.

In my personal opinion there is no worst thing in ventura college. It is not perfect, but nothing is perfect in this life. It depends on us to look at it as perfect as we want. Unfortunately for me, this is not my perfect school because it does not has my major. Ventura college is a great support for people like me that cannot afford a 4 year university, sometimes it is not enough. A defect in this school as many others is the cutting of classes. Because it is affecting all of the students who are trying to succed.

Nelly

My classmates could be annoyion well most of them and some it great to work with.

Start college in the summer and take as much classes as I can.

the most frustrating about ventura college is that there will be some classe that are going to be cut.

Alea

Being a widely accepted and respected community college in Ventura County. And it's Santa Barbara city college extension camp...

Being a widely accepted and respected community college in Ventura County. And it's Santa Barbara city college extension campus.

If I were able to go back and talk to my high-school senior self, I would tell myself to slow down and enjoy your last year of high school. I would say "Alea, there is no turing back the clock, and you will never again get the chance to be a kid with the people you have come to love and cherish as your best friends". The most important and fleeting part of high school is the experience you walk away with-and a big part of the experience is the people with whom you share it. Now that I am looking back and reminicing- I realize that I didn't take advatage of the time I had with the people (and teachers) that have meant so much to my life. Now that my closest friends are scattered all about the country I want nothing more than to have them all back. "Time is fleeting and tomorrow is never guarunteed, so take every day for everything it has!" As cliche and cheesy as the future me may sound to the past me; I will understand and most definately listen!

The worst thing about Ventura College is the overwhelming amount of students and the small amount of administrators, counselors, and teachers-especially for the general education courses.

Veronica

I chose Ventura College over Oxnard College because of the scenery. From Ventura College you can see the mountains and the ocean. The roof top of the library brings peace and serenity. The mountains are breath-taking.

Simple! I would tell myself not to slack off. I thought that it didnt matter what I did because I was almost out of high school. I became lazy and I stopped trying. I would tell myself not to begin those habits of being lazy because they carry over into college, even if you don't want them too. College is way different, its tougher and most teachers expect more from you. College is like a bike, the training wheels are gone, and you have to learn to ride and try your hardest or you will fall.

Ventura College is awesome! I have noticed that this school has some of the best teachers around. Not only are they great at what they teach, but most of them truely make an effort to get to know their students, academically and on a personal level. This way they better understand eachother, which makes the process of learning relaxing and comfortable.

Edgar

There are many things that i would tell myself if I could go back in time. First I would say to apply early with Ventura College and do my FASFSA ahead of time so that I could get financial aid right away and get my books early so I do not fall behind. Second would be to study very hard so that I could leave high scholl with better grades. Third would be to have a good time with my friend and not be so conservative with the way I acted. Fourth would be to stay after graduation and hang out with friends rather than running off to my family first cause they will always be their. Fith I would say to eat right rather than just relax and pig out. Sixth I would say to start reading ahead of the classes in college so that if I doo fall behind I will not fall as bad. seventh i would say to have a good time after studing and doing homework. These are the things that I would tell my self if I were able to go back to senior year, but now i am doing what i told myself.

I wish that I would have known that getting books ahead of time is a good thing. Another thing would be to do my FAFSA ahead of time and not at the last minute. Another would be to not be so shy and quiet whil talking to other people. And finally I would tell myself to not procrastinate and get any and all of the classwork done so that it won't come back to haunt me.

Someone who feels that they are not reaady for University just yet. Ventura College is like a steping stone for students who want to transfer to a 4-year instituion. Another type of person is someone who feels that they are not quite ready yet to leave home and their frinds behind.

Jasmine

I would give myself a lot of advice starting from getting good grades to staying in school. Getting good grades really helps you to get a lot of schollarships to help you pay for school. Staying in school aslo makes it easies for your future tp be easier and stress free.

I wish I had known the Nursing program was going to be so costly especially all the required courses before entering the program.

When I talk about my school I tell friends they should attend Ventura College because it is close to home and easy to get to and come home from.

Ventura College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.