Ventura, CA
Ventura College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ventura College

Danielle

If I could go back in time and talk to myself about college and college life I would tell myself to remember that college is there to better myself. I would say to not goof around and be serious because school benefits you when you apply for a job. It shows that you can start something and finish it. I would also tell myself not to overwork myself. Do not do more work then I can handle. Doing too much wears down your body. I would also tell myself to have some fun and to find the balance of working in school and having fun. Do not have too much fun that your grades suffer, but don't be too serious that your college experience is strict and boring.

The best thing about my school is that the students are more friendly and help each other out.

I inform them that the classes are more serious and that the teachers know the subject that they are teaching.

Hayley

Ventura College is best known for their basketball team and The Ventura Promise, which is a scholarship that lets any ventura county high school graduate recieve their first year there for free.

If I could go back to myself in high school I wouldn't change anything I've done other than to have better study habits. I have worked really hard to finish my AA in two years even after having a baby right after high school. I am determined to reach my goals and to get my degree, for me and for my son. I feel like I have done all that I can and I don't regret the way I did things and I have not slacked off. I would just tell high school me to keep up the good work and that everything is going to work out fine.

I usually tell them that they have really good teachers and that it is cheap so they do not have any excuse for not going especially because they have a variety of online classes that you can take too.

Briana

I would tell myself to try harder, and not drop any classes. I never can make up for lost time.

This is the closest school to my house.

gabriela

My school is big and with alot of diversity among the students.

My school is big and with alot of diversity among the students.

the advise i will give my self is that i should take math and english instead of taking 6 period off.

the most frustatin thin about my school is that they don't have enough funds to put all the classes and they just take them out.

phiyada

Ventura college is a good opportunity for all of students who want to have a good future and career. It is the beging of next step of education. it is near to me home and my daughter 's day care. And good environment and repetition.

I am an Asian single mother of a 3 years old daughter. I came from Thailand. My ex- husband who has an attorney degree, practices family law in CA. Who stopped paying child support.I got an injury from working at as a housekeeper at the hospital, I on ?light duty? for seven months. So I quit my job and decided to go to school full time. English is not my first language. I would love to see myself one day as an independent women, by nearning a register nurse degree to fulfilling our future.

I am an Asian single mother of a 3 years old daughter. I came from Thailand Now in the US, I have no family here. My ex- husband who has an attorney degree, practices family law in CA. Who stopped working and got bankruptcy. He is stopped paying child support and moved out of the US over 2 years. I used to work at hospital as a housekeeper but I got an injury from working, I hurt my wrist and my shoulder. Because of my injury, I had physical therapy, received pain medication and was on ?light duty?. I was worry if I still keep continues work physical on my body I will be end up with surgery. So I quit my job and decided to go to school full time. English is not my first language. I don?t want to ask people to help me to read or spelling me English word forever. I love to get a better education and job to be able to support my daughter and make a better future for her. I would love to see myself one day as an independent women by earning a register nurse degree to fulfilling our future.

Autumn

A good place to discover what you want to do with your life.

A good place to discover what you want to do with your life.

Don't ever settle for what someone else wants you to do with your life, or for what other people consider to be a smart career decision. While it is important to consider what you will do as a career, and to make sure it's a way to make a living, it is even more important to ensure that you choose a path that will make you feel proud of yourself, and happy. Sometimes, what you choose to do may not be logical or make sense to other people, but in the end, it's your education, your career, and your life. If you spend it worrying about what other people think, and doing what other people want you to do, that's when you have become truly lost. So never lose your way. Your first instinct is right...go for it!

Someone who isn't exactly sure what they want to do with their life, and anyone who is in favor of sound economic decisions.

I would have to say that the best thing about Ventura College is that it's so cheap. I just recently paid for my next semester and it was only $500. That was why I decided to go to community college before transfering. This way I was able to work quite a bit and save a lot of money before moving out.

Probably the most important advice I would give myself would be to meet with councelors regularly. As the first person in my family to attend college I had to figure out everything on my own. It was stressful and confusing picking out classes and making sure I would meet all the general education requirements. As a sophomore I have already seen a councelor twice to make sure I did all I needed to for transfering. College councelors are very helpful and are a resource I wish I had taken advantage of more as a freshman so I wouldn't be scrambling around so much now to get all my finacial aid, class requirements, and application stuff completed correctly and on time. My first two years of college would have gone a lot smoother if I had known this earlier.

Ventura College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.