Ventura College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Ventura College

Erika

For community college this is a great start because they allow you to come to school here for free with the VC Promise which is extremely helpful for students with low income or for those who aren't sure what they want to be. Students here are eager to learn and have great goals or dreams. I have also seen other students from prestigious colleges say how unmotivated students were to do well in school, not in this college. Students come to classes, and are hard workers. The stigma of community colleges must end.

Carina

Ventura College was the the best and worst choice I could have made going into college. I had amazing experiences playing a team sport and getting involved on campus. However I don't believe they prepared me as well as I should have been to move on to a university. The facility are very nice and try and help as much as they can for example, the transfer center is one place I spent a lot of time at. They not only helped me fill out and submit my University applications, but they helped me find the right university for me based on my major and the campus feel I wanted. However this is the opposite for the counselors. Of course most are pleasant and friendly people however, they seem to not know what they are talking about when it comes to scheduling classes. Not only did I take a ton of classes I did not need to in order to fulfill the same requirement, but I also was unable to transfer within two years due to classes my councilor had told me I needed, which I later found out from the campus representative that this was false and I was taking classes I didn't need from transferring. The other thing that was horrible at Ventura college was the classes offered weren't always what a student would need to take. For example the start of a series of classes such as General Chemistry 1 was only offered in Fall and the General Chemistry 2 was only offered in Spring, however some of these classes are required and if you missed taking it in the semester it was available it would often add another year to the timeline of transfer. With the bad there was also good the sports team atmosphere gave me a sense of belonging and gave the campus a family feel. The clubs on campus also came with several networking opportunities and very beneficial field trips. Every campus has its ups and downs, but I would defiantly recommend Ventura College to those who are willing and able to take their education into their own hands.

Gena

Ventura Community College is a good starting point if one struggles financially or to those who are unsure of what they want to do for their career. The school offers many workshops and resources that are available to the students in order for them to succeed in their education. Classes are abundant and the campus is easy to navigate through. The professors are transparent and have the best intentions in their curriculum as they encourage students to meet up for study groups or see them during office hours.

Brianda

Ventura College is a great place to get your GE and major courses done at an affordable price. The instructors are very informative and helpful. The resources and programs offered on campus are amazing, I strongly recommend all students to utilize these tools. My overall experience at Ventura College thus far has been wonderful, definitely a school to considering if you're planning on attending community college.

Neftali

Ventura College has a nice atmosphere with motivated people who are looking to succeed in their education. The campus is kept clean and the library is opened all day including the weekends. There are plenty of clubs to join and things to do. The teachers could be better, ​however, overall it's great two-year college.

Great foundation for a strong 4-year academic experience. This college has been a great resource for me to begin my college experience. I was able to take advantage of the various opportunities offered to me at VC. The professors have been available to me at all times and are more than willing to help. We have lots of resources available to us like the computer labs, tutoring center, library and student services.

Alma

I think that ventura college is an amazing college full of diversity and great courses. the classes are great and so are the professors. it is only my first year of college and so far so good. I plan and doing 4 years and try to get my nursing degree.

Alex

Ventura College has a nice, spread out campus. Close to the beach and to local shopping areas. There isn't a functional cafeteria which is a big downside to the campus but the faculty is great. The counseling department is hit and miss. Depending on the type of classes you take varies on how big or small the class size will be. All in all a great little community college to start your college process. Most of the teachers are great and really do care about your success and you furthering your education and helping you get to the next step. Unfortunately there are some bad apples in the mix that may ruin certain subjects for you and some teachers seem a bit inexperienced. You get out what you put into it.

Christian

It is an okay community college, but the staff seem a little too relaxed. The school also does not seem to urgently help students transfer out into a CSU or a UC. The classes are alright, but the textbooks can be more expensive than the class ends up being. The whole atmosphere there is kind of laid back. It definitely is not the worst, but is far from the best school

Alison

Ventura college is a great stepping stone to transferring to a university. Some of the classrooms need to be updated but the teachers make do with what’s provided (though AC would be nice during the hotter days). They have plenty of resources available and easily accessible. Their counselors are very helpful and informative as well.

issac

I have been here a year and had an overall great experience with my teachers, the academics and even personal life. There has been plenty of help and encouragement. there are always going to be people who say the school is not up to par but that is also based on the students willingness to get the job done. Sure some teachers are harder than others and some could use a little more sympathy or help out a little more but other wise a great school to start with.

Olivia

It’s a great community college but not the best. Some professors are great some are awful. Just a very general school with lots of school spirit. Class sizes are smallish but perfect for me. I’m happier her rather then Sonoma state university though. There’s uniform here and a basic understanding that we’re all here for one reason to benefit ourselves with education.

Elisa

Love this school. Ventura College has the best professors and staff. Caring, knowledgeable, and accessible. The Library and Learning Center is clean, bright, and has so many resources. The academic counselors are accesible and happy to help you take the next step in your career.

Cassandra

Ventura College is a diverse and wonderful college. It's a few minutes' drive from the beach and has plenty of locations that are nearby. The library is personally my favorite part of the college. From the time I've been there, it's a lovely campus and has wonderful professors.

Diego

College where people have the option to do as they please with no regrets. A place where education is abundant but, the individual who so desires to get the education they need is given to them with the help of guidance counselors to help them on their own journey towards success.

Ventura College is the perfect place if you want a quick education or and older person just trying to finish their degree. The facilities are small as well as the class sizes. However, there are surely to be an intellectual person out of every ten or so people.

Angelina

This is a nice community college to attend, however I don't think it offers the college experience a lot of students look for after graduating high school. I have noticed that STEM majors seem to have more opportunities to operate in groups, but this is mostly from personal experience. Most of the students there transfer out to a 4-year university after attending. It is a pretty nice school overall with a lot of resources.

I am outstandingly happy that I made the choice to attend a community college rather than a university directly out of high school. This was the best possible decision I could have made, and the best school I could have chosen. I have loved all of my classes, I love the environment, and I love the convenience. The class sizes are small and very personalized. My professors truly care about my learning outcomes and have made it as easy as possible to contact them if I ever need anything. I recommend Ventura College to everyone I know.

Tanah

This is one of the best community colleges in the nation.My dad and uncles went here in the 1950s. If you want to get your AA for cheap ,community college is the way to go. Excellent professors and staff. Great Athletics program, and the studio arts program is awesome. Counselor Brandon Di Amico is professional,encouraging and really seems to care ! VC is a 5 Star college!

Shalyn

It is a very good school. There are a lot of opportunities for those who need help in gaining the correct education. The only thing that I did not enjoy was the miscommunication between the counselors and students for their education plan, because of this, I'd stick to one counselor.

Overall, I love VC! I have a great community of people between my job there and my involvement with the InterVarsity group on campus. I learn a lot in my classes and have had a lot of great professors so far. I think this school is an excellent step into achieving my undergraduate degree!