Ely, MN
Vermilion Community College

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Vermilion Community College

Haley

Great school For those that enjoy the great outdoors. Most students go out fishing in between classes, or go out hiking the many trails on public land. this not a place if you want to have accessible places to buy form (target or any large chain store) the closest city is Virginia MN which is about an hours drive.

Morgan

Students at Vermilion Community College are passionate about the world outside their doors.

If I could go back I would tell myself to get more involved with clubs, activities offered by the school, and accept invitations from others to go out and do something. I would tell myself to worry a little less and actually enjoy the experience of college while still focusing on doing well academically. Don't be afraid to talk to new people and try new things even if they are a bit out of your comfort zone. I would also tell myself to not let the stress get to me because most of the time it's completely unnecessary. Believe in your capabilities and participate in the things that interest you instead of watching Netflix.

The best thing about Vermilion Community College is that it is a small college. Your professors know your name and care about you on more than an academic level. You are not just another name on the roster, but someone they want to see succeed.

Stephani

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school I would not change a thing. I like the way I planned out all my classes and my other activities. I felt that throughout high school I had a prospective on what I wanted to do with my life. I also came into college knowing what I wanted to pursue and didn't have to take extra time to take care of my generals. I felt by getting my mind set and ready to go, I lined myself up for a successful college career. I also had my mind set and decisions made about where i wanted to go for college so throughout high school I kept up my grades and my G.P.A. and with that on course I was able to kick back and enjoy my senior year.

I really wish I had known someone that was coming up with me last year so I wasn't alone. However, I had some awesome roommates and even decided to room with a couple of them this year and plan to again next year. If they had not been so kind then I may have felt awkward the first several weeks. I enjoy living with them and it made a good start to my college career.

When I brag to my frineds it is usually about the location of my school. Up in Ely, MN the weather can be chilly but i love it. I also tell them how my school is so small we partically know everyone. I like being far enough away but I am still able to just pack up and go back home. They complain it is too far and they never get to see me but I really try to encourage them to take a drive up and visit.

Vermilion Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.