Randolph, VT
Vermont Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Vermont Technical College

Savannah

As a high school student I had the opportunity to attend VTC full time during my senior year, and during that time I was undeclared, but taking nursing classes. Truthfully, the staff was really great, but that was about it. I just didn't really fit the mold of the atmosphere. It was very fieldwork-oriented, and that just was not my thing. The campus was very small and well maintained, but it was not particularly pretty. The social aspect of the school was basically non-existent and clubs were pretty strictly tied to majors- none of which I was interested.

Tim

Great school with multiple activities and an amazing academic history. The Campus is seated upon a beautiful mountain vista. The student body is friendly and well spread out among the cozy campus. Though the College is secluded they offer a huge amount of activities for students to sign up for. Overall this campus is amazing and the staff are very supportive!

Melaney

I like the Williston campus, it is convenient for me. It is hard for other students at the south Vermont campus b/c they have nothing to do and there is nothing around. There main campus should be in Williston and they should have it right in the city, allowing people to have jobs, live off campus and work.

Matthew

I believe Vermont Technical College is the perfect college for someone that wants to be very succesful in any field of technology.

I honestly did not believe that I was going to be able to attend college due to my family's financial situation. My dad picked up a third job just so I could go to college. I truly appreciate the value of a college education due to the fact that I have seen the many struggles in life that my dad has gone through. This has driven me to become a very successful college student and I will continue to do so for the rest of my life. I have already learned so much at this college and I have done my best to get good grades which will give me a better chance at finding a job. I have not received a grade lower than a B+ and this is due to how much I value college and understand that the decisions I make here will affect the outcome of my future.

I am a soccer player at Vermont Tech and I consider the worst thing about this college is the soccer field that we play on. It is just a rough field to play on because of the condition that it is in. I think that they should look more into getting a turf field.

It is best known for its architecture and engineering.

It is best known for its architecture and engineering.

College is a new and exciting experience. There are no parents telling you what to do, and you have a new sense of freedom. Sounds great right? Well it is, but if I had the chance to go back in time and give myself advice to succeed in college, I would have a few things to say. First and foremost, I would tell myself to manage my time well and to not slack on my work. Being able to manage your time and have time for a social life is imperative. Knowing this, I would tell myself to play sports or join a club. It is a great way to meet new people and make friends. Being new at college can be scary, but joining a team or club can really make you feel as though you have a place and like you are welcomed. Last, I would tell myself to get a job on campus. It is an easy way to make a few extra dollars, but typically does not take up too much of your time, so you still have time for school. College can be scary, but there are ways to make it a great experience.

The dorms are tiny!! Not much to do here, and everyone goes home on the weekends. It is a GREAT school for engineering and architecture, not so much for business or non technical majors.

The class sizes are small and you get to have a closer relationship with your teachers due to the small amount of students.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school I would have to tell myself that college life is a lot different than high school. I would tell myself that I have to push myself harder in high school to better prepare for college rather than finding out the differences once I got here even though my grades are still decent. I would also tell myself to work harder for money because of some struggles in my freshmen year at college trying to find more ways to get money so I could stay in school and not have to worry about dealing with money while trying to deal with the load of homework that my classes give.

A person that is ready to put in a lot of time studying and preparing for a career outside of college. This college gives a really good education but you have to work for it, if someone just wants to go to college to party then this is definitely not the school for them.

Vermont Tech is a small rural college in the historical center of Vermont. Finding things to do can take some time, but for students originally from Vermont, that is nothing new. The majority of students that attend are in-state students, however we are gaining popularity with out-of-state residents. The male population is quite abundant, while females are starting to gain numbers. The atmosphere of Vermont Tech is warm and welcoming, often without judgment, and accepting of everyone. It's not hard to make friends, and when you do, they last.

Vermont in itself is not very diverse. Why would a Vermont college be any different? We certainly do have people from various races, religions, social class, even countries. We have exchange students from Australia, Africa, and even Germany. All different groups are accepted with open arms. I don't lie when I tell you everyone is friends with everyone. It's nearly impossible to walk to class without passing 5+ students you either share classes with, or share laughs with. The way I see it, VTC is like high school is regards to how close people are, but without all the drama.

Vermont Tech is the one place I really feel like I belong. The people that are here have made it the best experience of my life, and leaving will certainly be and arduous task. There are days I wish I never had to leave, but of course there are those days I can't wait to get out. This has been an experience of a lifetime. The things I have learned will stick with me forever, and the friends that I made will stay in my life forever.

I don't feel that the stereotypes are incredibly accurate. I think that yes there is some truth to them, but it has more to do with who the individual is and where they came from rather than the college. People that attend Vermont Tech are individuals and uniqe. They don't often go with the flow, and are able to maintain the image and personality that they want people see, not what people want them to be.

The best thing about Vermont Tech academics is definitely that class size. For me it has always been a top priorty to make sure professors know who I am. I am not a brown noser by any means, but I think have a strong relationship with them. Generally within the first two weeks of classes, the professors have a great sense of who is who in each class, and can rattle names out fairly flawlessly. The class are not overly difficult, but they aren't a piece a cake either. Students need to put time and effort into their work, the ones that don't will surely pay the price. The nice thing about our students is how driven they are. Students are here to learn and that is what they do. With a 98% placement right, the academic situation here must be doing something right.

The dorms are certainly always buzzing with activity. Students pop in and out of each other's rooms like popcorn. The social level on campus is high, and there is always something interesting going on somewhere. In addition, Vermont Tech has many sports to offer both varsity and intramural. The varsity sports include baseball, softball, men's/women's basketball and soccer, golf, and cross country. For intramurals we have 3 on 3 basketball, rugby, flag football, dogeball, among others. The best thing about it is, if there is a sport or activity students are interested in but doesn't yet exist, if we can get enough people involved, the more likely to get it funded. Student run clubs are far more appealing that ones pushed by the administration.

Vermont Tech is exactly that, a Tech school. The most common programs relating to computers, engineering, and agriculture. Looking at just that, one would think the school would be filled with computer nerds, engineer geeks, and rednecks.

Cody

I think that my school is the perfect size, my teachers know who I am and they are able to know all of us personally and remember our names. The best thing about VTC is being able to have the opportunity to make a name for yourself and prove to yourself that you can be outgoing, responsible, and still have fun. Whether it be a teacher or an administrative staff member, there is always someone who is willing to push you to grow into the person they know you can be.

I personally have to say that we do not have any racial or prejudice problems. Our campus is small enough that everyone gets to know each other. People are only prejudice to things they do not understand, but when you are fortunate enough to have a close campus you do not see those problems. Most students wear what they are most comfortable to class, we do not have a dress policy only that you should respect others when picking out t-shirts with sayings. Most of the VTC students come from the state of Vermont, but the students who are from out of state are just as except as the ones who live in state.

Vemont Tech is a great school!!! I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great and friendly atmosphere with a hands on learning experience.

These stereotypes are not accurate!! Vermont Tech has so much to offer students who are willing to broaden their horizons and be willing to step out and challenge themselves. As far as the redneck stereotype goes, there are all kinds of students here that come from all over and bring a lot of different views and personalities to the table. That what makes it so fun!

I am an electromechanical engineering student so my favorite classes are the ones that are hands on, fortunately for me that is what VTC is all about hands on learning. It is very common to have the entire class participate in lecture discussion. Our curriculum requires us to work a little harder than most schools. Most of the classes we take are normally taught in a whole year, but we learn it in one semester.

It is very common for most of the campus to play a sport and be active in the athletic department. We offer so many clubs on campus such as; Automotive club, Anime club, Outing club, Construction club, Machine shop club and many more. We also offer a lot of intermural sports that people who do not want to be on a sports team participate in.

I find that if there is a stereotype that it is that Vermont Tech is a redneck school and that because it is a technical school so it doesn't offer that much.

Vermont Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.