Victorville, CA
Victor Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Victor Valley College

John

My overall rating is based on the fact that this is a community college and its location which is the high desert. Victor Valley Community College will supply you with what you need academically. The facilities are clean and some of the buildings are new. The most glaring downfall to school is its counseling. If you are looking to transfer to a four-year university that is not San Bernardino, you must do your research on your own! The transfer department is worthless if you are considering a prestigious school. Be prepared to plan your own academic foundation.

Jasmin

Victor Valley College has a lot of potential. Yes, the financial aid department is painfully slow, the food sucks, and there isn't much to see but most of the teachers that I have met (actually, every teacher that I've enrolled with) cares about their students. They want you to succeed, they want you to get out there and make us all proud. Don't give up on this place. As bad as you may think it is, it carries a lot of people's hopes and dreams.

Alexandra
Vvc

Vvc is a pretty good junior college . Many scholarship opportunities !!!!

Vvc

Vvc is a pretty good junior college . Many scholarship opportunities !!!!

Destiny

I didn't consider any other schools. I wanted to go to community college first because I knew it was cheaper. I had a plan and I went with it.

Time management is the key to success. Community college is just like high school, with better times and more control in your own hands. If you do not manage the time well enough, though, you will fail. Do not, under any cercumstances, take a class that you know you are not good at to begin with in a shortened term. You are not good at history. Do not take it during winter or summer ever, EVER, again. Other than that, stay the course. It's only a few years and then you get to start your career. Keep pushing, manage your time and know your limits.

I have come in to contact with nine different teachers so far while going to VVC and I have liked eight of them. The teachers are good and actually care. The campus is a beautiful place as well. I like my school for what is it and it's a wonderful stepping stone for my plans in life.

Chelsea

Dear past self, You are about to make one of the biggest decisions of your life and that does not just include comfort and school opportunities, this decision also includes finances. You will want to choose a school that costs a lot of money because it offers sparkly opportunities. However, you will not be able to afford your expensive taste in schools after only one year. This is going to be devastating, you will be forced to go to the local community college where you will feel stuck because of the lack of option and opportunity. But it does not have to end like this – you can go to a more affordable school – you will not be limited because of this choice. I know that what your thinking is you won’t be able to grow because you want to choose a school that is common and that doesn’t offer all the opportunities you want, but you do not know everything, including this. Don’t be jaded by people’s opinions around you, those people do not get to tell you who you are because you are capable of amazing things even at an affordable college.

The best part is the price. I can afford to go here on my own with no debt, but I am limited and that is just not working for me anymore. I need to widen my horizons and really I need money in order to do that.

The school I attend is a community college, it is just barely doing the best that it can. I am attending this college because I have no other options because of my financial situation. I am unable to get financial aid, and my parents are unable to afford to send me to school. The worst part about going to school here is feeling absolutely stuck with no other options.

Claudia

Victor Valley is a great school to begin your academic education.

Victor Valley is a great school to begin your academic education.

Claudia, I would like to tell you how hard on your family going to school has been for them. They are happy to help when they can but going to school and missing activities has made you lose out on some great moments. Your daughters are proud of what you are doing, however, they wished that you had done it when you were younger. Do not start working and think that you will go next semester because it will not happen. You once felt that you couldn't do it, the college thing, and now you know that you live for the next score on a test. You can do this! College is one of a handful of life acheivements that can make a difference in your life like a great job and a real vacation for your daughters. Don't give up on your dream no matter what other people tell you. School is hard but the reward is greater and you will look back and see that you have come a long way for yourself and for your daughters. You will not regret the reward for all your sacrifices and all your hard work. You can do it!

The hours of some of the classes clash with my schedule. I have three children that I need to pick up from school and their school vacations do not match my school vacations which leads to some interesting schedule shuffling.

Miguel

A well-rounded two year community college that allows students to succeed within their respected major; allowing them to engage with other like-minded individuals to provide a intellectual environment.

Going back to the past with the knowledge that I have obtained in the past year and a half at Victor Valley College, there is many things that I did not know about the social, educational, and professional environment that colleges had to offer. The ability to keep an open mind about others' views and their preferences throughout their lives will not only benefit the tolerance that you can sustain, but also the relations that can be built based soley on this. Becoming involved around campus will allow you to network with like-minded individuals while providing stepping stones to the career path of your choice. Applying yourself will benefit you in the future and create everlasting friendships throughout your life.

The use of the bookstore's rental program or other programs that provide a cheaper alternative to text books.

My school is best known for our plays and avaiable online classes.

My school is best known for our plays and avaiable online classes.

I would tell myself to start saving money. College is expensive, but it is worth it. I was already a pretty motivated person who wanted to go to college, but I didn't realize how diffrent it is from highschool. I would tell myself to continue being motivated and to keep practicing my art skills. College is very important but I should always remember that it isn't all about getting the work done. Sometimes getting good grades and working hard feels even better after you celebrate with friends. I would remind myself that with a little hard work I can accomplish a lot. Nothing is easy, and it won't be for a while,

The kind of person that should attend this school is a self-motivated person. This is a pretty good school and you can earn degrees easily with a little work.

fernando

My classmates are the kind of people who study hard during school and off school and yet still have the time to play hard as well. They are motivated students in my college to succeed in their career choice. Each classmate inspires each other to do their best in the classes to exceed in their academics and as well as to work ethicly in the college to finish any and all class work. My classmates have been studying their interest/love/passion in their career choice to finish their academics and achieve their dreams.

Victor Valley College is known for allowing students a chance to allow for the transfer to a post secondary college of higher education and to also acheive allow for students to obtain their Associates Degree. My college is also known for their affordable finacial flexibility. This will help me greatly, as it will for countless other students, in enabling us to afford a higher education through college and as well as allowing for us to decide whether to advance that education even further by attending a post secondary college through the transfer option.

I would advise and tell myself to have had studied harder back in my high school years to excel more in my classes and to have started studying my college class academics to prepare myself in the field of my interest. I would've started my FAFSA earleir in time to communicate with my college counselor to see how much my financial cost would be for my courses offered in college. Also I would've advised myself to take advanced courses and as well as to continue my other studies in the field I have chosen in my high school years. I would've also practicde some of my career interest classes to know how to prepare myself for all the requirements in my courses to achieve in my academics skills necessary. I would tell my high school senior self to continue to go to Victor Valley College as well to look into the requirments for my second career option to learn how to exceed/achieve my goal to acheive my necessary degrees. I would have advised to look into Victor Valley College courses to learn the classes and research on them so as to be better prepared for college.

In the science classes, the students are the most friendly and helpful because they know how tough it is to have a science major and want to make friends to study with.

Care more about school! High school isn't the same as college, and you need to be better prepared. You need to develop better study skills. You should be more outgoing and make friends with a similar major so that school will be easier and more enjoyable to go to everyday. It can be an enjoyable experience if you take it seriously. You need to care more about staying on top of work that you did in high school. If you want to follow your dreams in Marine Biology, you have to take all of your college classes seriously. I didn't really care as much as I do now until my 2nd year of college. The first year would have been a lot easier if I knew what I know now.

The parking is very tough. There are some students who don't know what they want to do career wise and take spots in classes that are needed by other students. There are some students that take advantage of the financial aid program from what I hear.

Victor Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.