Victorville, CA
Victor Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Victor Valley College

bianca

it is a very calming campus...the school is surronding by a lake that have ducks...so it's peace...youcan just sit in the grass and study...all the staff is there to assit you with whatever you need..the teachers are really dedicated to their students by having office hours and staying after classes to assit those students that may need extra help or have questions.

If i could go back and talk to myself as a highschool senior i would do the following things. I would study alot harder than i did. I would take the college and my future a little more serious... The last thing i would do is i would have study a lot harder for the SAT'S and ACTS. That is what i would do if i could go back and talk to myself.

There's nothing i think that is bad about my school.

Arthur

There are plenty of things that I would like to tell my self. From stay away from frat parties to saving money on books, but I would have to say that what I would love to tell myself is to stay on track. To not loose sight of the ultimate goal, to not think youth is forever. College is a growing experience and its fun but not to get off course and finish. I was tempted by the freedom of not having to go everyday. I was given a choice and lost focus. Id advise the high school version of myself that there will be plenty of time and opportunity for everything I want to do after.

Joceline

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give plenty of advice and tips to myself. I can make clear how much more fast paced college is compared to high school, how the professors won't pester you into punctually turning in your homework and taking tests timely. I could also illustrate the relevance and seriousness of being self motivated, and encourage myself into working hard every night so that I can be accepted into my dream school. I could pass on information to myself about how amazing college life can be, but also the downsides when compared to high school. I would advice myself enjoy my senior year as much as i can, it only happens once and when you look back at in time, it'll be an momentous reminiscence to have.

I wish I'd known how lectures would be. In high school, teachers would be more casual and helpful, but in college, it's entirely up to you. If you do not take the initiative to learn, the professor will not be there to encourage and guide you as a teaching in high school would. Of course they want you to succeed, but you can only do that if you are able to motivate yourself to do so.

I believe one of the worse things about my school is the lack of classes available. Those who have priority before the returning college students tend to pick the better times for classes. Because of this, I have taken classes that were off campus and later at night. If more teachers were available I would be able to take morning classes during the week instead of night time classes.

Kali

Small and lots of students but good teacher student ratio.

Small and lots of students but good teacher student ratio.

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the main thing i would tell myself is to just be prepared. You can't do it alone, having a support system makes things so much easier. Your support system is most impotant.

CLARISSA

AS A SENIOR, I KNEW I WANTED TO BECOME A NURSE ALREADY. I DID TAKE A FEW REGIONAL OCCUPATION PROGRAMS TO HELP ME GET STARTED ON MY QUEST TO BECOME A NURSE. WHAT I DIDN'T DO, WAS TO TAKE SCHOOL ALL TO SERIOUS. I TOOK THE MINIMUM CLASS REQUIREMENTS, I DID NOT TAKE CLASSES THAT WOULD PREPARE ME FOR COLLEGE CLASSES. AS A RESULT, I AM TAKING LOWER ENGLISH AND MATH CLASSES TO PREPARE ME FOR COLLEGE PRE-REQUISETS IN ENGLISH AND MATH. FOR THAT, IT IS DELAYING MY STUDIES. MY STUDY HABITS COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER, FOR NOW I HAVE T0 RELEARN TO STUDY.

IT IS A SMALL CAMPUS, AND NOT ENOUGH CLASSES AVAILABLE WHEN NEEDED. THAT THERE IS A TWO YEAR WAITING PERIOD FOR THE NURSING PROGRAM.

NOT SO MUCH ABOUT THE SCHOOL ITSELF, BUT THAT I AM ATTENDING COLLEGE AND I AM PREPARING MYSELF FOR A FUTURE IN THE NURSING PROGRAM.

Victor Valley college is amazing in my eyes because it is local, i can get my AA degree here and there is a future beyond this 2 year college and I am hoping to get accepted to Fullerton or San bernardino.

I would tell mnyself that the real world is much more competetive and one must really give effort because thats the only way to get by in life is to continually follow goals and go to college! One shouldn't have to be at a day to day job that one dosn't like, one must step up and go to school for what he or she dreams to do for a living to live a happy and successful life and to have God and the Holy Spirit with you!

The fact that it is local and one of the cheaper 2 year colleges

monica

Knowing what i know now the advice i would give myself as a high school senior would be to go straight to a University. The life of a college student is an experience that everyone should have and I wish i would have gone right away. I would have told myself to send in my applications to all the universities on time instead of delaying and having to attend a community college. I also would have taken adavantage of all the scholarships that are offered to all the students because people do not take advantage of all the money that is offered to people who want to do something with their educations. To take life seriously and not focus on friends and boys would have been my advice to myself. But more than anything i would have told myself to not be scared of getting started, to be on my own, afterall fear should never hold us back from anything, because then you never would have know what you could have succeeded in.

The worst thing about my school has to be the limited amount of classes. If you dont sign up on time your luck of getting the class it is almost entirely gone. I also wish the teachers at my school also were more involved and wanting us to succeed; because at times i feel they just want to see us fail.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that classes are so limited; because of how the economy it is at times hard to get the classes that are necessary and classes get filled easily because there are not enough classes offered, for the amount of students trying to attend.

Eva

My school is best known for helping our community and academic excellance.

My school is best known for helping our community and academic excellance.

I would advise myself that I need to make sure that I am prepared and to take everything one step at a time. I would also say that it is better for me to take time to think things through instead of overthinking everything and making a quick decison because I am stressed out. I would also advised myself to take advantage of the counselors as often as I can because they are there to help and will help me achieved my goals. The last thing I would tell myself would be that I should believe in myself and to take control of situations and not let them take control of me.

A person who is eager to learn and willing to take the necessary steps to enrich their education and life is the type of person who would do great at this school. The atmosphere is not only friendly but makes everyone feel comfortable and supported.

Chris

VVC is a beautiful campus which is always being improved on, the staff are exceptional, especially in th biology department where I spend most my time.

If I could talk to myself as a senior, I would focus on two things. First, know what you want to do, and know how to get there, if you don't take the inititive to find out the classes you need you are just going to be wasting time and money, two things that are very important in college. Next, don't think that you can get through college without studying. Good study habits is one of the most important things to develop in upper division learning. The truth is that you may be able to get away with it in the beginning, but once you really start getting into the classes that count, you will sink and drown if you don't take the time to study and really learn the information. Plus everything you're going to learn builds on everything you've learned already, if you don't have a good foundation, anything you try to build on that foundation will just crumble. So STUDY, and study hard because you have to put the work in if you want results, that just goes for anything in life.

Recently I have come to appreciate the knowledge that is being passed down to me and how easy my professors can accomplish this. I had not realized how important it was to receive good instruction in order to learn until I went to school in Ottawa, Kansas where I received poor instruction. It's true when people say you don't know what you've got until it's gone, I witnessed first hand the difference a good instructor can make on a students education. I consider my professors the best thing about my school.

Sally

Victor Valley College has enabled me to take my general education and figure out what I want to do with my life at an affordable cost!

If I could go back in time and give myself advice for the future in college life, it would be to plan early and utilize every resource out there that is available! There are plenty of people out there that care about you and want you to succeed, so just let go and invest some time into thinking about the future. Get involved with campus clubs and interact with others to discover more about what you like to do and how you can apply that to your future. Do not worry about money and how you will be able to afford to go to college, but do trust that everything will work out as it is suppossed to. Ease your worried mind by taking the first step to talk to a school councelor and explore your options. You have the ability to go far, trust your abilities! Although I cannot change the past, I currently work with first generation students in high school in order to keep them college bound and ease their anxieties that I once knew all to well.

The most frustrating thing at our school is the "waitlist" system. When classes are filled, students are automatically put on a waitlist. These waitlists can accumulate up to 50 people. If the demand for a class is so high, wouldn't common sense be to open up more of that same class?

Victor Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.