Villanova University Top Questions

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Villanova Basketball is definitely the big sport. Everyone gets excited for the big games and goes out to support the Nova Nation. We are a Division I school, but we also have club sports and intramural sports, so there is something for everyone. Many people are involved in some type of athletic activity.

Sports are big on campus, mainly due to the basketball team. Hoops Mania, a big pep rally held for the entire school before the start of the basketball season, brings campus together and gets everyone really excited for the season to start. The basketball coach, Jay Wright, is pretty much a celebrity on campus. Everyone loves going to the games and cheering on our team. Football is also a big sport for our campus. The other sports, although not as attended as football and basketball, are still widely supported on campus.

The Villanova men's basketball team makes it to the Final Four for the first time since 1985 - the year they took it all. Could this be another big year? Villanova fans think so!

Villanovans wish their Wildcats good luck as they go off to compete in the 2008 Men's Basketball Tournament. Go Nova!