Villanova University Top Questions

Karla

The worst thing about this school is that the dinign hall closes relatively early at 7pm. This is inconvienient if you are used to eating later, although there are still other didning locations on campus open til 2am.

felix

Nothing

Andrew

Villanova can seek to improve upon diversity and financial aid. No matter how much the university has improved its efforts in regards to diversity, it is still primarily White, Northeastern, Upper middle class to wealthy students, many of whom are children of alumni. This can make anyone who does not fit this mold feel somewhat left out. Financial aid can also be improved upon by giving more credit to students who are not from New York City or New Jersey.

Alexandra

The worst thing about Villanova University is it's scheduling system. When trying to register for classes, it's not uncommon to get locked out of classes and have to be written into a class or wait for the university to open up another section for the class that is usually at an undesireable time.

Line

Lack of diversity

So far, the worst thing about my school is how the admissions team accepted too many students in relation to space for them. We are the largest freshman class in the history of the university. As a result, two-thirds of our grade resides are tripled in rooms meant for only two people to live. This problem is definitely causing tension and anxiety in my life.

Caitlin

The worst thing about Villanova University probably has to be the hours of the library. The library closes at 12am every weekday night, and it only open until 2am during finals. It is tough to stay concentrated and dedicated to your work during finals when you don't have a great study area.

sarah

I believe that the worst thing about my school is that most students come from affluent communities and there tends to be a lot of wealthy people. This exorbitant wealth has allowed students to abuse drugs, show off their expensive clothes and cars, and to have an ungrateful opinion of money. This wealth is obvious to the student population and can embarrass some less fortunate students. I also believe that an unrealistic view of money and wealth is depicted here. Students here seem to need money to be happy.

The worst thing about my school is the core requirements tied in with the catholic faith. We are required to take theology, Augustinian Culture, and philosophy, and all of these classes are based in the catholic religion. I don't have a problem with the catholic faith, I simply feel that because I am not Catholic my grade point has suffered at the professors discretion in some of these required courses.

Mary

The worst thing about Villanova is the debt I'll graduate with.

Frances

The social life beside frat parties and formals there is not much to do. they do not cater to minority population on campus

Adam

The worst thing about Villanova is the lack of openess that individuals have to people that are different from themselves. Whatever it may be, Villanova's tight-knit community is also a weak point of the school in the fact that it does not allow people who are "different" from the main body of the group to thrive and succeed at the school.

damian

repetitive dinning hall meals , dont give enough financial add when needed

alison

The cultural diversity was not very expanded, however, since my freshman year here, Villanova has been getting better and better in this area. Activities and clubs for different cultures are very common.

Luis

The trend towards a richer, whiter, and conservative crowd which isn't intented.

kavitha

Actually to say their are not much worst things to tell about our school.

Ean

It feels like living in a bubble. A rural suburbanite bubble.

John

The sidewalks never seem to follow your path.

Matthew

A lot of people are very similar, but it's still possible to find a good group of friends

Pari

Not very diverse. Mostly white, upper class kids, so do not always get a variety of opinions in the classroom. Also religious courses are annoying to take and pointless. Professors are not always very understanding.

There is an overall lack of economic and cultural diversity on this campus. I wish that it was more racially diverse as well as more economically diverse.

Alexandria

The worst thing about Villanova is the location. Although Villanova is located in a small town, stores and restaurants are only accessible by car or public transportation, which is rather lacking. There is a lot of congestion in the area as well. Not much is within walking distance.