Villanova University Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Kathleen

There is definitely a stereotype of the typical Villanovan. We didn't get the nickname "Vanillanova" for no reason. The majority of students are white, upper-middle class, and Catholic. That being said, I have made many friends at Villanova who don't fit into the stereotype. I know people from many different races, religions, and economic backgrounds.

Charlie

Unwitting participants in a mass brainwashing effort by an activist faculty with a clear leftist agenda, all in the name of "compassion and fairness."

Alexandra

Predominantly white, preppy, upper-middle class kids from New Jersey.

Toby

Villanofun Vanillanova The sterotype is that Villanova is the feeder school, the back up school for all the top schools in the Northeast including the Ivy's as well as BC and Georgetown.

Ryan

pretty preppy, fairly wealthy or rich, on the conservative side politically, uptight, God-lovers, oro-lifers, do-gooders, rather fake (girls), meatheads (guys), lack of diversity

People call it VillaNoFun, or VanillaNova. Stereotypes about that students is that we are rich, stuck up or Ultra Preppy

Leslie

Preppy, white, from wealthy families, hot girls.

Austin

Rich, white, snobby, pretentious, ostentatious, preppy, "networking" kids interested in simply walking through college so that they can get out into the business world under their parents'/ friends parents' names

Brendan

Villanova is really preppy and is not that much fun. The catholic school image of uptight religious people also.

Carolina

All high middle-class white catholics.

Crystie

Villanova is known as the stereotypical preppy school. It is so-called "white America," as we have garnered the name Vanillanova. We have also attained the name Villanofun. This is most likely due to the intense Radnor police and security around the school. When a student comes to visit Villanova University, they usually expect to see all white students with North Face jackets, UGG Boots, and Louis Vuitton purses. They also expect people to be stuck up and rich.

Eric

rich, Catholic, white, jock, preppy

Courtney

That most of the students are wealthy and that there is not alot of diversity

Erin

Rich white kids.

Trish

85{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the student population are white. The school can be nicknamed "Vanillanova" at times. Since it is on the main line, many students come from richer areas and present themselves to be materialistic.

Villanova is sometimes called "Villanofun" since there's no fraternity or sorority houses on campus and the school is pretty strict about drinking.

Peter

white and preppy

I do not know, but my grandmother thinks everyone is rich.

Parker

Vanilla-ova

Jaimie

preppy, white, stuck up... "Villa-no fun"

martha

there is no diversity, "villa-no-fun"

Courtney

"Vanillanova" Villanova students are preppy and rich Elitist Upity

Anna

all white rich kids, villa-no fun

Andrew

All rich, white, and preppy students.

Maria

Stereotypes about Villanova: Villanova is a school full of a whole bunch of spoiled, white, rich kids. Villanova is all about partying, sports and drinking.

Courtney

All white, no diversity, no fun, attractive student body

Gretchen

Villanova is stereotyped as a typical eastern school. Kids believe everyone to be caucasion, rich, and well-dressed.

Austin

The students are generally "hot" girls and "bitchin" guys who like to go out and get drunk at bars underage while dressed from head to toe in preppy garb and wielding an iPod or iPhone that has whatever song is cool that week blasting at the loudest setting.

Mark

"VillaNo Fun", VanillaNova-Villanova is completely white

Stephen

The biggest stereotype is that there is a "Villanova Student." This is a term for the generic people you might see on campus, wearing a sweatshirt, jeans and (for the girls) uggs. They all listen to DMB and Jack Johnson, etc., and they all talk about the same things.

Chris

negative: rich, stuck up, selfish, into themselves

Joe

Prissy, preppy, losers, bitchy, soft, spoiled, Live in a box

josh

Prissy, Preppy, No parties

mike

That kids are spoiled and live off of mommy and daddy.

Brett

That we are all rich, snobby, upper class white kids.

Dana

Rich, spoild, cocky,

Tate

-VillaNOFUN -We're not a very diverse crowd -Everyone is wealthy

stuck up, white, rich, conservative

Molly

Everyone is rich, good looking, and smart.

Rory

Villanova was given the nicknames "Villa no fun" and "Vanilla nova." The stereotype is that only caucasians go there. A lot of people seem to think that every Villanova student is a J Crew or Abercrombie kind of person. Before I came here, I heard that it was VERY conservative.

Jill

White, rich, spoiled kids

Amy

A stereotype about Villanova is that we are not a big party school. It is usually called "Villa- no- fun". Also, the students are thought to be rich, preppy kids who are stuck up.

Ann

People typically regard Villanova students as preppy, J-Crew-esque kids who are completely loaded and have a good time using it to their advantage. The typical vibe is that Philly schools don't like us because they assume we think we're entitled to something. Girls are typically pretty thin, well-dressed, and pretty, and boys are fratty in the preppiest way possible.

Morgan

Sterotype is affluent, preppy, white kids

bill

the are all rich kids that don't know how to have fun

Brett

A lot of people who haven't really been here consider it a "rich white kid's school". when most people hear this, they think that everyone here is really stuck up.

Jess

Villanova is stereotypically NOT a fun school, and is known by outsiders as "Villa-no-fun." Most of the time when people visit, there's not too much going on because it's so strict. Villanova students are stereotyped to be very rich and smart.

Katie

That everybody is wealthy, comes from New Jersey, is Catholic

Chris

Villanova is a Basketball school. The football team gets little support from students but the men's basketball team is highly idolized. The school is predominantly Caucasian students, thus the joking school title of VanillaNova. The final stereotype is that every student is a stuck up, snotty, rich kid.

meg

Many of the stereotypes surround money and race about Villanova students. There is also a stereotype about how knowing people on campus helps you get into organizations and such.