Villanova University Top Questions

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I visited Villanova the summer after my junior year of high school when my mom and I were coming back from a road trip to the east coast and I instantly fell in love with the school. It is one of those schools where you step on the campus and you immediately know that it is where you want to spend the next 4 years of your life. The people at Villanova are absolutely amazing and everyone truly wants to get to know you and wants what is best for you. I think what made my decision for me was when I came for early acceptance day in February of my senior year and every student seemed so happy to be at Villanova. It was cold and I knew that they had gotten up early on a Saturday to work recruitment, but they were all there because they loved their school and they wanted us to join them. Knowing that they were happy there made me realize that I would be happy there too and I can say that I could not have made a better choice. Villanova is my home and I would not trade it for the world.

I applied to Villanova because my family wanted me to. My older sister was a student there, and I knew she liked it. I didn't particularly want to go to Nova. After applying to and looking at about seven other schools, I found myself comparing all of them to Villanova. I was constantly disappointed with the schools I visited in comparison to Villanova. Essentially, I chose Villanova because I felt that nothing else lived up to it. Although I never had the "this is the school for me" feeling before choosing to go to Nova, I definitely had it within a week of moving in.

A student's take on why he chose Villanova.

A Wildcats fan's analysis on why he chose Villanova.

a member of Villanova’s Blue Key Society gives his speech on why he chose to come to Nova.