Villanova University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Villanova University

Shanika

The title says it all!!

I chose to come to Villanova on the very last day decision day. It was not a front runner because I had more academically challenging school put first. However, I chose to attend Nova because I felt like it would make me a more rounded engineer. As a computer engineer, I am one of the four girls in my graduating class. I came to the school expecting to be in the top half of my class, since the stereotypical Villanovan partied. I was shocked to find the amount of "cool" smart kids. Many of these students were all in the top 10% of their class, something I felt that the 49% admission rate doesn't represent. These kids aren't nerdy or geeky, in fact, they are some of the hardest partiers and jocks at the school! Another thing that was surprising was terrible Freshman year retention rate. If you ask anyone at the school, they probably know at least two people that transferred out of Villanova their freshman year. I have found that most people that transfer have nothing against the school, but just think that another school is a better match.

Deborah

I love the school. It is my perfect fit. The food is great and the professor are nice. The highlight of the school is probably the inviting culture. Everyone is nice and caring. The basketball scene is huge. It’s one of the things. Villanova is known for. It’s a great school with a new campus.

faith

Great school, amazing networking options and people. I would recommend my school to anyone. Great school spirit and professors who are willing o work with you on almost any situation. I'm going on my third year at villanova and I love it. I had a hard time adjusting at first but many people on campus were willing to work with me.

Cassia

My overall opinion of Villanova University is that it truly has earned its prestige. I chose Villanova because I wanted a university where there was a strong sense of community and because of my experiences here, I know I have chosen the right college. Villanova's faculty, students, and staff put their best effort into supporting each other in the various ways they can. By the time I finished my freshman year, I had a multitude of encouraging and supporting mentors who I have reached out to often. The curriculum for Computer Engineers is rather rigid, it's difficult to study abroad after your sophomore year and there aren't many choices. However, we are learning incredibly interesting knowledge and useful skills by professors who are passionate about the topics they are teaching. There are numerous clubs of a wide variety that will fit everyone's interests, and if not, Villanova welcomes students to begin more clubs to suit more people. While the food isn't always great, I have come to Villanova to learn and grow professionally and personally, and I can attest that it is going wonderfully.

Grace

I love it! It's a great place where you're sure to meet so many great people. I have been here for a year and have already made great connections with faculty and other students. This isn't required though. I am the type of person who likes to get to know and be friends with my professors, which I have done. However, if you're not like that, you don't have be close with them.

Caitlin

I'm very happy with my decision to come to Villanova. I love the sense of community at the school, as well as the size and people here. Its a very welcoming place with awesome school spirit, especially after basketball winning the national championship this year. Academics are challenging and stimulating and although Villanova is expensive, the job outcome for students is amazing.

Alexandra

It's a great school. Everyone is there to help you, including your teachers. It's a beautiful campus, everyone is super fun and relaxed, yet very studious and intelligent. Overall it has a good balance of everything. We have sports (NCAA Men's Bball 2016 Champions... nbd) !

Marjorie

Great school, hard academics, definitely need money to have all the doors opened to you.

Ibukunoluwa

Villanova University is a great school. The environment is beautiful and the classes are well done. My major problem is not enough variety in career experience. If I had more variety earlier on, I would have made a more informed career decision earlier in college but is not the case.

Gabrielle

Villanova University is a very good academic school with teachers that care. Teachers are reachable through email and always willing to meet and discuss any issues or any ideas you may have. Class sizes are small- my largest class has less than 40 students, some classes have only 16. People like to get involved in the community. Volunteering is common.

Alyssa

Villanova has recently become a nationally recognized university for its academic excellence. The community here is outstanding and I feel very at home on campus. The academics are fantastic, especially in the business school. I really feel that my professors want me to succeed, as well as my fellow students. Instead of competing to be the best, we all work together to help each other achieve our goals. The teamwork and community at Villanova extend outside of the classroom as well- it's why our basketball team has won two NCAA championships in the past three years!

Alexandra

Villanova University is a great college for students who are looking for a good balance of work and play. Although the school is affiliated with Augustinian tradition and there is a church on campus, it is up to each student to decide whether or not they would like to participate in the faith-related culture on campus. The academics are rigorous but manageable and most professors are really nice people. The dominant student culture is definitely conservative and East Coast (lots of Pats fans!), but there are plenty of students who identify otherwise.

Briana

Overall, I see Villanova University as a place where every student can find their niche. There are plenty of clubs, sports, and greek life that no one is ever left out or forgotten about. There is strong support for the LGBT community which is very important to insure that member of this group feel safe and welcome on campus and in the rest of the city.

Kristina

Villanova University is an incredible institution. Not only are the academics intellectually stimulating and challenging, but the overall atmosphere is incredibly warm and welcoming. Villanova is not your traditional college. It isn't just a place you go to learn for four years. Villanova truly is a family, not for four years, but for life.

Bridget

Villanova is an amazing university in terms of both academics and social life. Villanova produces elite students that excel in every area possible, and continue to strive for success. Villanova strongly encourages service as well as allyship, and regularly provides seminars that inform us of our values.

Moroti

I am currently a freshman in CLAS. Nova is in a suburban area so even though I'm in college I don’t feel removed from the community, the campus is so pretty. The professors are very passionate about the courses they teach, pretty accessible, and basically all of my classes are discussion based and open, so I learn a lot from the teachers and the students alike. I also feel motivated to succeed because of my professors and classmates. In addition, the learning support services are good and I utilized tutoring in a couple of subjects. The food in my opinion is decent with a good variety, but I still got slightly tired of it. At Nova, the surrounding communities, and Philly there is a lot to do. Nova has sooo many clubs, activities, and events throughout the week every week that I took advantage of, so apart from my academic life I have a good social life where I enjoyed a variety of new experiences and made great friends. I was also part of a learning community that I cherish. There is also the opportunity to go on field trips to Philly, D.C. or wherever. The Greek life is notable, but there are so many people that aren’t involved and there isn’t great pressure to rush. The party scene is something else lol, frats aren’t the only ppl that have parties, some sports teams do or you can go to parties at other universities in Philly, or ones held by Philly party promoters. The Christian presence is big(meaning that in my experience most ppl are Christian, specifically Catholic) and they go to church pretty regularly but this is not imposed on non-Christian/religious students. The school is mostly white of course, but it’s still diverse to me racially and we have a lot of international students. Let's not forget sports. We are good at every sport, but of course basketball gets most of the glory. The games are very hype, the student section is very supportive and we get free shirts and/or other accessories at the home games, and our games at the Wells Fargo Center are great too. Overall there are a lot of support systems in general, the alumni network and career services are great and I feel like they will be more useful for me down the road.

Blaise

I'm glad I ended up at Villanova. They have a great career center and also support for learning disabled students. The food varies on campus but is bearable. Places like Cafe Nova and west campus have great food it just sometimes requires a hike. Villanova will serve you well in your academic endeavors and also has a great sport scene if you're into that.

Carsen

So far, Villanova has given me every advantage to excel in the academic atmosphere, as I expected. What I did not expect was the amount of out-of-classroom opportunities Villanova has to offer to not only gain knowledge, but to gain real-world experiences and memories that will benefit me just as much if not more than what I can learn from any class. For example, Nova is the hub for the Special Olympics, as we hold competitions every year that bring hundreds of kids and adults together to show their abilities and passions. Additionally, we hold one of the biggest school-wide volunteer projects during our "Day of Service. I do not think students at other universities could say the same.

Bronwyn

I love Villanova and I can't imagine being at any other school. I've enjoyed all of my science classes thus far but what I love is that I am able to still take classes that relate to my other interests. I have taken theology, spanish, and even photography all during freshman year. Also, I was able to do research with a professor during the second semester of my freshman year, which was an incredible opportunity. I can't say enough good things about Villanova!

John

Villanova has the worst customer service I’ve ever seen. Desperate for money and greedy. They charged me for my meal plan then a few months later called and said I owned more because they made a mistake on the bill. They released a statement saying student could move out for coronavirus, take classes online, and be refunded for housing. The very next day after most people had moved out they revoked this offer and didn’t alert students to the new changes. So most of us have moved out but are now required to return if classes resume and we’re not refunded housing and dining for the entire month were missing. I have never seen such a greedy school. For a place that puts so much effort into treating others well they treat those who pay for the school like shit. A very poor excuse for a school. I am extremely disappointed.

Mark

I think that my time at Villanova was great! I felt so support academically and professionally while I took my classes. Many faculty and staff were kind and very available. I took a variety of classes with a variety of amazing professors. The school isn't perfect, I don't think any place is, but I was super thankful I decided to attend Villanova for my undergrad. It was a great experience and I never have regretted it.

Halina

From what I've experienced during my first year at nova, so many people around me are exactly the same- they dress the same, look the same, act the same, etc. Honestly, compared to where I grew up and was raised, the culture at Villanova seems to be a very complacent one, the passionate college environment that I dreamt of before attending college is not Villanova. Personally its not an environment that I thrive in, but I know plenty of people who call it home.

Darleny

I believe that Villanova University is an amazing institution, with endless opportunities and a very inviting community. They offer several resources to help their students excel within their academics and overall career path. With low faculty to students ratios, its difficult to struggle with mastering concepts and ideas within the courses. Sports has also become something significant and has contributed to an increase in school spirit and pride after the school winning the 2016 and 2018 College Basketball Championship .

Thomas

It is a wonderful University, and I am glad I will be attending the university in the fall of 2019. Although the school is one of the US's Catholic Educational Institutions, II do feel that I am being pressured into religion or theology. The campus life seem wonderful at the University, and I am excited to be joining such excitement.

David

Overall, my freshman year at Villanova has been quite memorable and enjoyable. Through my involvement in numerous extracurricular activities, I've found many opportunities to meet new people and make friends. I've gained a better sense of my strengths and weaknesses and the student life is satisfactory. I look forward to what sophomore year will bring.