Vincennes, IN
Vincennes University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Vincennes University

Charles

The difference would have to be size, Vincennes University is no where near as big as Purdue.

You only get one shot to make a difference, no matter the influence of your peers, parents, or teachers, you must always, always do your best.

The things I brag about when mentioning Vincennes University are the small classes, the availablility of professors, the hands on experience, and the general social aspect of the school.

If I could go back and talk to myself about college life and making the transition I would tell myself, to go for it. College is a good thing, no point in waiting. Listen to dad when he tells you to get your studies out of the way, then get married, and have your beautiful son. If you get it out of the way now you'll be graduation in the year 2010 instead of starting up college. You'll be able to get an amazing job, have a great salary to take care of your son, and also be independant and not have to ask your husband for money. So, GO TO COLLEGE GIRL, YOU CAN DO IT!

Tucker

The few things I would tell a former version of myself is for one, focus more on your school work. There is plenty of time for friends and having fun but school is priority. I would also tell myself that in high school, it really doesn't matter what you dress like, who you hang out with or what kind of vehicle you drive. becasue once you hit your college years, none of that matters. Another thing I would tell a former me is that to be prepared to lose contact with almost all of your high school friends. I know, as depressing as it sounds, we all know that unfourtuantly its happened to all of us.

One thing I reallty wish I had known was it really is your grades that count. Second thing is to do as good as all humanly possible in math and english. The better you do in those two subjucts, the higher you will test going into college level courses. Thus saving money and maybe even possibly a few credit hours.

The Most Frustrating thing about Vincennes is probably the Fiancial Aid Office. Anything that goes through them usually has to be pushed through with several phone calls a day for about a week. It also seems to take them several weeks to sned out refunds also.

Sharon

What's unique is this is a small campus, most small campus don't have dorms but we do at Vincennes Unversity. What really makes this unique is we have smaller class at big Unversity its hard being in a big class. Where here we can get to know the professor and ask questions more easy. Then at a big college it's hard to interact with the teacher. For the people who don't have cars they have to carry their books all over a big campus which is a very hard struggle. Here we dont struggle to class.

Going back into time when i was in high school. Well it's not that far since i been out of high school. I can assume to be telling myself. Find a college that is closer to home are even somewhere i can get on the bus or train. I would have told myself first semester you need to stay focus,because when i get there i would want to party like everyone else would. Going back i would gave myself advice that collge is not cheap and when you go from one major to anothe your wasting money and the time being in school. I also would have told myself to stay focused in class and get some sleep because it's hard being in your dorm room.You gone want to stay up with your friends.Another thing is to make sure to do my homework in ahead of time,and not at the last minute.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the dorm bathrooms in the girls halls. The bathrooms are very unclean, the janitors clean up but the girls mess up. When they wash their dishes they leave food in the sink. When it's time for someone else to come wash their dishes they have to clean behind you. Then the girls in the dorm leaves their personal products in the toilet. Shouldn't you flush behind yourself even though we have automatic toilets if you see it don't goes down press the flush button thats very frustrating to me.

I believe that Vincennes University is a very accepting school and it is small.

I believe that Vincennes University is a very accepting school and it is small.

If I could go back to high school and talk to myself I would give myself alot of advice. I would want to say, study and don't slack off. You may be tempted to slack off jsut because it is "high school." If you work harder in high school and do not slack then you will not have to start in a lower level in college, you will be able to advance and graduate college sooner. Take advantage of all the help in high school, high school is not a joke as long as you take it serious. Also, college life is much different than high school. If you live on campus, then, you will get a chance to become more independent. Overall, study hard and do not slack off.

In my opinion, I believe that anyone can attend this college. While I have attended Vincennes University, I have seen many different kinds of people. This school accepts anyone.

Cabring

My school in a very for the students campus giving use entertainment and knowledge.

It is known for 4 things being the first University of Indiana, for it's bowling management, for it's nursing major, and also the conservation law enforcement majors.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior. I would describe to myself what it will really be like. Telling me that it's not as scary as it seems, yet it's not a party place as people say either. I would have to give the advice of working hard, writing everything down so I wont forget. I would tell myself to save money for the school and to make sure I receive what I want out of the classes and to jump through the hoops that are going to be handed to me in the furture.

Billy

If i could go back in time i would tell myself to get prepare and take all the nessary testing for college. I started working my senior year of high school and only went to three glasses. So I went straight to work after high school and work one dead end job after another till I landed a job at a coalmine. I work there for five years and never had a chance to advance in my career. So at twenty three I decided to go back to college.

All the courses that VU has to offer. I wanted my major to be in welding and none of the colleges that i look at didn't have an associate degree in that field.

A person who has no ambintions to exceed in a career or has no goals. Vu is a fast pace school. I have four classes on wed that are from one o' clock to eight o'clock and have ten minutes between classes.

Nathaniel

I would describe my classmates as being very helpful and very supportive human beings.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition would mean a little bit more to me than it did then. I would tell myself how important college is and how the longer you take and the more time you put off, the harder it gets. I would also mention how difficult it is to find work without a degree, a good job anyway. I have worked in factories and I have worked in corrections and I always tell myself that I wish somebody would have pushed me a little bit harder to go to college. I had to learn the hard way. I had to take up dirty jobs risking my health, and sometimes even my life. I would tell myself that a college degree is worth every second that you spend studying or worrying about a test. Once you have that degree, it's yours forever and nobody can take it away. Nobody. You can show it off, it makes you feel good, plus you can always find a decent job because you are an educated man.

I believe that the kind of person that should attend this school should be a serious, responsible, and mature student who is willing to do whatever it takes in order to earn their degree. Attending VU is not only a great and exciting experience, but also a dutiful one in which hard work is involved each and every day. Also, if a student is willing to make new friends, the Vincennes campus is a great way to do so. There are a lot of worthy and caring people who attend and help out.

Evelyn

Being the first Indiana college.

Being the first Indiana college.

I would probably tell myself to study harder and start looking for finanical aid asap. Do better in school so when you get to college things are a little more easier.

Someone who wants to get into college but doesn't know what to study exactly. This college is perfect for that type of person. Its a great school; small campus but wonderful programs.

Jamal

I find it unique that such a small school can offer so many programs that bigger schools may offer, even wit h same standards as other schools. Also i think its a great environment for students who are having difficulty in determining their major. In addition, another quality of this school that amazes me is the number of extra curricular activities that students can participate in. I have considered much larger schools, but i feel that i am recieving the same quality of education that these larger schools posess

If i were given that opportunity, I would advise myself to take advantage of every situation that is available. I think that college life can be easy or hard depending on how you approach it. I would have insisted on researching different majors to find out what was best for me and my personality, and using my resources to gain as much knowledge on my major beforehand. Also, i would tell my self that i could make that next step in life bacause i have the will to learn and ascend.

When asked about my school, I usually find myself bragging about the access to different learning facilities, and the knowledge of professors. My school is considered to be small and in-efficient in comparison to 4 year colleges. Also, i continue to brag about the way i use my resources to help achieve my goal. Also, i find my professors highly intelligent in the courses they cover and which is a great benefit.

Vincennes University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.