Vincennes, IN
Vincennes University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Vincennes University

Cabring

My school in a very for the students campus giving use entertainment and knowledge.

It is known for 4 things being the first University of Indiana, for it's bowling management, for it's nursing major, and also the conservation law enforcement majors.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior. I would describe to myself what it will really be like. Telling me that it's not as scary as it seems, yet it's not a party place as people say either. I would have to give the advice of working hard, writing everything down so I wont forget. I would tell myself to save money for the school and to make sure I receive what I want out of the classes and to jump through the hoops that are going to be handed to me in the furture.

Billy

If i could go back in time i would tell myself to get prepare and take all the nessary testing for college. I started working my senior year of high school and only went to three glasses. So I went straight to work after high school and work one dead end job after another till I landed a job at a coalmine. I work there for five years and never had a chance to advance in my career. So at twenty three I decided to go back to college.

All the courses that VU has to offer. I wanted my major to be in welding and none of the colleges that i look at didn't have an associate degree in that field.

A person who has no ambintions to exceed in a career or has no goals. Vu is a fast pace school. I have four classes on wed that are from one o' clock to eight o'clock and have ten minutes between classes.

Nathaniel

I would describe my classmates as being very helpful and very supportive human beings.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition would mean a little bit more to me than it did then. I would tell myself how important college is and how the longer you take and the more time you put off, the harder it gets. I would also mention how difficult it is to find work without a degree, a good job anyway. I have worked in factories and I have worked in corrections and I always tell myself that I wish somebody would have pushed me a little bit harder to go to college. I had to learn the hard way. I had to take up dirty jobs risking my health, and sometimes even my life. I would tell myself that a college degree is worth every second that you spend studying or worrying about a test. Once you have that degree, it's yours forever and nobody can take it away. Nobody. You can show it off, it makes you feel good, plus you can always find a decent job because you are an educated man.

I believe that the kind of person that should attend this school should be a serious, responsible, and mature student who is willing to do whatever it takes in order to earn their degree. Attending VU is not only a great and exciting experience, but also a dutiful one in which hard work is involved each and every day. Also, if a student is willing to make new friends, the Vincennes campus is a great way to do so. There are a lot of worthy and caring people who attend and help out.

Evelyn

Being the first Indiana college.

Being the first Indiana college.

I would probably tell myself to study harder and start looking for finanical aid asap. Do better in school so when you get to college things are a little more easier.

Someone who wants to get into college but doesn't know what to study exactly. This college is perfect for that type of person. Its a great school; small campus but wonderful programs.

Jamal

I find it unique that such a small school can offer so many programs that bigger schools may offer, even wit h same standards as other schools. Also i think its a great environment for students who are having difficulty in determining their major. In addition, another quality of this school that amazes me is the number of extra curricular activities that students can participate in. I have considered much larger schools, but i feel that i am recieving the same quality of education that these larger schools posess

If i were given that opportunity, I would advise myself to take advantage of every situation that is available. I think that college life can be easy or hard depending on how you approach it. I would have insisted on researching different majors to find out what was best for me and my personality, and using my resources to gain as much knowledge on my major beforehand. Also, i would tell my self that i could make that next step in life bacause i have the will to learn and ascend.

When asked about my school, I usually find myself bragging about the access to different learning facilities, and the knowledge of professors. My school is considered to be small and in-efficient in comparison to 4 year colleges. Also, i continue to brag about the way i use my resources to help achieve my goal. Also, i find my professors highly intelligent in the courses they cover and which is a great benefit.

Jacob

If i could go back in time and give myself advice as a highschool senior I would tell myself to focus on my major and make sure that was your main priority. Make sure that destractions that seem appealing in the short run are jus that distractions. Your main focus should be what your trying to do with your life and not let anything detter you from that. I would also make sure I was very active in the class. Its essential to be involved because most people only go to college once so by you not taking its full advantages it is only going to hurt yourself.

Phillip

Vincennes University has a low student to teacher ratio and excellent staff. Here, the students are able to get to know their professors and really learn their field. There is always something to do here on campus; the school pays for good entertainment to come out here, and it is free for students to attend concerts and shows.

Yes, college is scary. However, that's only for the first week. The professors will hit the ground running, so be prepared; you need to learn a lot of information in a short period of time, and there is no review, so take notes, especially about what the prof says because he will test on it, and tests mean everything. Classes are either tough or boreing, but all are just as important as the other because you're still looking for scholarships, so you better keep up the grades. There is always something to do, a party to go to, club meetings to attend, and people to hang with; so never say that there is nothing to do! Ask at the student union for a list of clubs and organisations and read the posters/flyers around campus. Most of all, this is one of the best times of your life, so enjoy it! Yeah, there is an amount of gravity because it is school, but college is also one of the most enlightening and exhilarating places to be.

People who don't want to work or be involved should not attend this school.

Felicia

Stay on track. Gosh I got out of High School and went crazy. I was working 2 jobs and trying to go to community college. Next thing I knew I was pregnant. I was worried, shocked, dissapointed, all that and more mixed in one. As a result I stopped school and focussed on work. But then I lost my job and decided to focus on school sooner than later. That didn't work for long as I then had my daughter and one month later started working again. Well I have tried to go back to school twice since then and it just never works out. You need to be consistant in anything you do especially in college. It is completely different than high school. And if you get off track in the least you lose your way a bit and have to work that much harder. I admit it gets frustrating at times, especially with being a single parent, but if I had just focussed on school instead of work and wanting to move out and be free things would be different. That's why if I was a senior again I would tell myself to stay on track.

Anthony

Vincennes University has diversified academic offerings and the staff strive to get the best out of their students.

I would tell myself that you need to be mentally ready to further your education. Take the time and assess where you want to be, set small goals and go after them. I went on to college in 1988 after graduating because "that was the thing to do." Looking back, I really did not want to go onto college right then, but my older sister said that if I did not do it then, I would never do it. I started my undergraduate degree in 1988 and never obtained my bachelor's degree in Organizational Management until 2004. I was one of those "kids" that needed to be ready to want to further my education, figure out what was important to me and go and get it. There is a lot of stress that young children today endure, trying to figure out what they want to be and where to go and get it. Now being a Dad myself and having my son going off to college in 2011, I feel much better prepared to guide him in setting up his goals for furthering his education.

The worst thing about Vincennes University (no fault of their own) is the location. I am a student that generally needs in-class instruction, but living in NY and needing an online program to finish my degree, I chose Vincennes. I wished that I had a program nearby where I live that was as affordable as Vincennes so I could have obtained in-class insruction.

Patrick

There are lots of differnt personalities.

There are lots of differnt personalities.

Take the hard classes now, and try and get some college courses out of the way. At the same time enjoy every second while in high school, its the best.

Vincennes University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.