Vincennes, IN
Vincennes University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Vincennes University

Jacob

If i could go back in time and give myself advice as a highschool senior I would tell myself to focus on my major and make sure that was your main priority. Make sure that destractions that seem appealing in the short run are jus that distractions. Your main focus should be what your trying to do with your life and not let anything detter you from that. I would also make sure I was very active in the class. Its essential to be involved because most people only go to college once so by you not taking its full advantages it is only going to hurt yourself.

Phillip

Vincennes University has a low student to teacher ratio and excellent staff. Here, the students are able to get to know their professors and really learn their field. There is always something to do here on campus; the school pays for good entertainment to come out here, and it is free for students to attend concerts and shows.

Yes, college is scary. However, that's only for the first week. The professors will hit the ground running, so be prepared; you need to learn a lot of information in a short period of time, and there is no review, so take notes, especially about what the prof says because he will test on it, and tests mean everything. Classes are either tough or boreing, but all are just as important as the other because you're still looking for scholarships, so you better keep up the grades. There is always something to do, a party to go to, club meetings to attend, and people to hang with; so never say that there is nothing to do! Ask at the student union for a list of clubs and organisations and read the posters/flyers around campus. Most of all, this is one of the best times of your life, so enjoy it! Yeah, there is an amount of gravity because it is school, but college is also one of the most enlightening and exhilarating places to be.

People who don't want to work or be involved should not attend this school.

Felicia

Stay on track. Gosh I got out of High School and went crazy. I was working 2 jobs and trying to go to community college. Next thing I knew I was pregnant. I was worried, shocked, dissapointed, all that and more mixed in one. As a result I stopped school and focussed on work. But then I lost my job and decided to focus on school sooner than later. That didn't work for long as I then had my daughter and one month later started working again. Well I have tried to go back to school twice since then and it just never works out. You need to be consistant in anything you do especially in college. It is completely different than high school. And if you get off track in the least you lose your way a bit and have to work that much harder. I admit it gets frustrating at times, especially with being a single parent, but if I had just focussed on school instead of work and wanting to move out and be free things would be different. That's why if I was a senior again I would tell myself to stay on track.

Anthony

Vincennes University has diversified academic offerings and the staff strive to get the best out of their students.

I would tell myself that you need to be mentally ready to further your education. Take the time and assess where you want to be, set small goals and go after them. I went on to college in 1988 after graduating because "that was the thing to do." Looking back, I really did not want to go onto college right then, but my older sister said that if I did not do it then, I would never do it. I started my undergraduate degree in 1988 and never obtained my bachelor's degree in Organizational Management until 2004. I was one of those "kids" that needed to be ready to want to further my education, figure out what was important to me and go and get it. There is a lot of stress that young children today endure, trying to figure out what they want to be and where to go and get it. Now being a Dad myself and having my son going off to college in 2011, I feel much better prepared to guide him in setting up his goals for furthering his education.

The worst thing about Vincennes University (no fault of their own) is the location. I am a student that generally needs in-class instruction, but living in NY and needing an online program to finish my degree, I chose Vincennes. I wished that I had a program nearby where I live that was as affordable as Vincennes so I could have obtained in-class insruction.

Patrick

There are lots of differnt personalities.

There are lots of differnt personalities.

Take the hard classes now, and try and get some college courses out of the way. At the same time enjoy every second while in high school, its the best.

Shianne

The first advice that I would give to students as well as parents is; enjoy the college searching process! It is wise to start inquiring about different schools during the student 2nd semester sophomore year. Request tons of information from schools that interest you. If you don't know what you specifically would like to major in, you should explore schools that offer a broad variety of majors. College visits are the most effective step in choosing which college you want to attend. Parents should set aside ample amount of time for family college visits. Meeting with college advisors helps students better understand what the college has to offer. Students should pay close attention to the teacher to student ratio. Knowing the teacher to student ratio helps a student choose a college with the right class size for them. Overall students as well as parents should decide together what college satisfies the students needs and expectations;as well as the parents.

The type of students who should attend this school are ones who are looking for an affordable effective education.

Autumn

Dont be afraid to apply to any college! It may seem impossible that you will qualify, but you never know until you try! And never decide on the first one that accepts you, it may seem like the easiest way to go, but wait to see if you get accepted anywhere else and then decide.

The best thing is the Teachers want to see you succeed

it's fun and challenging at the same time and it has great teachers

Gabriel

Vincennes University is the oldest university in Indiana, but offers cutting-edge courses and technology programs, and the school faculty are extremly willing to assist students.

My classmates are all like me and strive to work hard on class papers and project, and the class sizes are really small (usually under 30).

Visit the college more than once. Many of the schools I visited seemed right for me during the tour, but when I visited during a school function as a guest, I could see the real school spirit and attitude in the campus. Also, ask alot of questions. Financial aid, housing, student activities, career placement, and department chairs and deans should be overwhelmed with your questions. Not only does it answer all your questions, but lets them know you are interested and they will responde to that. Finally, check into an Honors Program at the school. The perks are the best many schools have to offer.

Benjamin

Very Helpful, and we always challenge and encourage eachother when it comes to succeeding.

When looking for a college, do not make the choice based on costs. Some of the best colleges aren't big or hard to get into. Many focus on structure and are so cut-throat that it makes you a cold person after getting through it all. If you don't make it through, you will usually endure a lot of stress because of it. At a smaller community college, you can get the education you need to be successful. I'm not saying you will be really rich, but you will live well. Not everyone is going to be rich of course, but the need to live well and be able to support a family comfortably is important. Sometimes I think many people over look the real meaning of college. Its to help further your education to perform your job well. Some mistake it as an opprotunity to become really rich wich isn't the case most of the time. A community college can get you where you need, and at a great value. Choose wisely!

We train with industry standards and we have fun doing it.

Vincennes University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.