Vincennes University

« See more reviews of Vincennes University

The worst thing about ny school is the lack of parking avability. The campus constructed a new dorm and the student number has greatly increased and it is hard it park in a spot where you would not get a ticket from the campus security. Another thing I do not like is the attitude some teachers maintain. Some teachers put the students down like a harsh sports coach, instead of telling the students what they did wrong and how to fix it, and encourge the students to better, the teachers would rather critize.

Within the past year, there have been cuts made to the humanities department. As a philosopher, I feel that it is important for our students are taught to think freely and education should strive to do just that. With the reccent cutbacks, I feel our school is leaning towards a more business like approach that aims to achieve certification, rather than education.

The worst thing about Vincennes University (no fault of their own) is the location. I am a student that generally needs in-class instruction, but living in NY and needing an online program to finish my degree, I chose Vincennes. I wished that I had a program nearby where I live that was as affordable as Vincennes so I could have obtained in-class insruction.

I feel that the school is very unorganized. I say this because I find that when I have questions, I more often than not end up getting the run around all over campus before I can get a question answered. That can be quite time consuming and frustrating.