Greenville, SC
Virginia College-Greenville

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Virginia College-Greenville

Shaquita

Attending Virginia College-Greenville has been an OK experience for me. I began my certificate program October 5. The transition into school has been a breeze. The school itself is small, which means there's no room for confusion in finding classrooms. The school also offers job placement help and has a Career Services department, that helps you find a job after graduation. The instructors are friendly and will go the extra mile to make sure students understand course material. The ratio for student to teacher is small, which allows students to feel like they are more than a body in a chair. For most of the medical programs, there are actual model classrooms that allow students to feel like they are actually participating in a real-life surgery or medical procedure. For the cosmetology students, the classroom is an actual hair salon. Outsiders can set up appointments to get their hair done so that students can get a hands-on experience for their studies. There is plenty of access to computers in the library and several computer labs. The library itself, is always quiet, which allows students to study and complete homework. The librarians are alway welcoming and friendly. They also ensure students have all the resources they need to be successful. Tutoring is available on campus as well. The only down side to Virginia College is the cost of tuition. The cost is fairly expensive compared to other schools in the area. The financial aid process is easy to complete, however, the process is not cut and dry. Personally, the process left me feeling like loose ends were not tied up. When I signed up for school, I was under the impression that all of my aid would pay for my tuition, but at the end of my first quarter, I was left with a bill. Also, after checking my financial aid papers periodically, I noticed the tuition fluctuated. I was not given a warning or notification by the financial aid office about this issue. My tuition also includes an $8,000 fee for Housing and Meals! This is ridiculous, since I do NOT live nor eat on campus. This fee makes me feel bamboozled, and in my opinion, should not be apart of tuition cost. The time frame it takes for a degree to be obtained should also be shortened. At the most, you are allowed to take 3 classes at a time. This policy draws out the graduation process and makes students feel there is no end to reaching their goals. Overall, the school process has been an eye opening experience for me. Certain things about this school have been great for me and most of my peers, such as the help we've received from instructors. The only thing I wish I could change is the aspect of communication between students and administration, as far as financial aid processes, course completion time, and program expectancy.

Virginia College-Greenville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.