Virginia Commonwealth University Top Questions

What are your classes like?

Lerence

Some are interesting while others are not. I like the freedom of choosing my own classes, so when I have a require course that I am not too fond of taking, it really sucks!

Trenicka

Well I'm an engineering major so I highly doubt I've always been happy about my classes. Nevertheless when all is said and done I've definitely enjoyed them all. My classes have challenged me to the max sometimes but I can say that it has been worth it. I can say there have been some classes where I was so immersed in and gain so much such as Survey of West African History, Philosophy, Spanish, Cell Biology and others but majority of my required classes as well as electives have added to my experience at VCU for the better.

Usually the 100-level and introductory classes tend to be very full. My core-curriculum classes were lectures of about 300 people with 3 exams that make up your entire grade. Once you get into upper-level classes, they will get smaller. I have a class with about 8 people in it and the professor knows everyone by name. It really depends.