Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Virginia Tech is a very spirited campus. We care a lot about our University and the faculty and staff care about the students a lot. We are truly a tight-knit community and the locals in the Blacksburg area love the students and the college town atmosphere. When touring Tech students walking around would say hello when walking down the sidewalk, I didn't get that at other schools. Tech students are a family and care about each other.

I felt it had everything that anyone wanted in a college. The academics are great so if you graduate from Virginia Tech, then you are a more notable graduate. The athletics are very popular as we are in the ACC in both basketball and football. We have something called "Hokie Spirit" and it's most seen during game days at Lane Stadium. The community is also great - everyone is friendly and opened to meet others.

When I first came to visit Virginia Tech, I fell in love with the beautiful campus, as well as the fact that the students are completely open to faculty and staff and vice versa. The professors here do everything they can to provide students detailed information about not only their teaching subjects, but life after college in general. They are available whenever you need them for help and advice.

Tech is a large school with a small feel. The school spirit is unparalleled giving the school a great sence of comradory. It has the charm of a rural community, but does not lack for things to do. Its location in Southern Virginia makes for spectacular views and sputhren hospitality abounds. All of this in one place makes Virginia Tech unique.

Construction that interferes with commonly used pathways for students should be done over the summer, not the middle of the school year. I would also like to see Tech make a conscience effort to be more environmentally friendly as a campus. I would also like to see more advertisement and encouragement for undergraduate research positions.

I think the most unique thing about Virginia Tech is that everyone here believes that they are part of something more. We are all one big community. We all associate ourselves with Virginia Tech and we alwasy will. I also think that everyone here has the same feeling that there is no other place they would rather go, Tech is the best.

My school has an amazing atmosphere. It has two seperate sides to campus along with everything else is centered around the university. Blacksburg is basically made by Virginia Tech so there is a great sense of community. Also even with having the massarce here, the students continue to love the school and want to keep coming back.

Virginia Tech is unique. We are unique because of our spirit and pride in our education, traditions, and future. Every Hokie leaves Virginia Tech knowing this unique chant that always makes us belong to the Hokie nation family. Hoki, Hoki, Hoki, Hy. Techs, Techs, V.P.I. Sola-Rex, Sola-Rah. Polytechs - Vir-gin-ia. Rae, Ri, V.P.I.

The most unique thing about my school is the unity. Everyone on campus is like a big family. Whether its at a sporting game like a football game, or a 500 person class, or the April 16th memorial service for all those who lost their lives Virginia Tech is one of the most united campuses I have seen, that is why I love it so much!

While my school has many students from the northern Virginia area, it is very diverse. In my hall alone i have friends from various states like Florida, California, Deleware, New Jersey, and many more! Because The Campus is in a small area, everyone is so friendly and everybody shares the Hokie spirit.!