Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Some of them are! We are very laid back, but some of us bust our butts here at school. You get out of it what you put in. We definitely know how to party, but I wouldn't call us a "party school". I have never felt pressured to go out, or that drinking was the only social outlet. We have a huge alumni network and we are just one big family. Once a Hokie, always a Hokie.

The stereotype about Tech being a place solely for engineering is completely false. Males do comprise most of the Tech population but it is not nerdy engineering guys. And yes, Tech students are OBSESSED with Hokie football and will always be die hard fans.

For the most part, students love football and there's nothing really else to do on campus on football days; people always go to class in Hokie clothes, and VT students are seen as more "chill" and laid-back when compared to students at other schools

Of course not! The amazing thing about Virginia Tech is how many people are around to be there for you and it leaves so many opportunities to join other organizations and meet tons of people.

To an extent this is true. BUT a few rural kids make for a far more low key, far less snobby student body, and its big enough that you can really find any type of people you like.

ABSOLUTELY....except the redneck part. Virginia Tech has ever social aspect of a big city school with a home town feel.

No, not at all - - a lot of people are from the south, but there is a huge out of state portion

I would say they are not inaccurate, but not exclusive to the Virginia Tech campus.

This is what I perceive about the school, don't know any negative stereotypes

No! I think that all of the students at VT are well-rounded and diverse.