Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

My class sizes are realy huge and sometimes it feels impersonal but the professors will usually give you their time and help if you show up for class and too there office hours. I love my advisor and she always gives us emails of any job opportunities in our field that se hears about. It is very competitive.

My film professor knows me, and Film is what I care about so that's off the chain. I have many intellectual conversations outside of class but I personally don't like to get too philosophical on people. It gets boring when people think they're so smart. Nobody knows much in the big picture, so I'd rather

most professors do not know my name or care to know. my fav class was world regions, least favorite was history of east asia. Students study as litte as the must and there is a lack of intellect in the air, especially during football. Education is technical, for a job, not for the purpose of learning.

Virginia Tech prepares you for life after college. It can be challenging and I think you get out of it what you put into it. Student are studying always and everywhere. Some kids can get competitive with grades but I have enough stress just getting through some of my classes.

In the School of Architecture + Design at VT, the professors take spend a lot of individual time with the students. One thing I have noticed, and appreciate, is the time our professors take to make sure we find jobs after school. They really are looking out for our futures.

Academics are very differnet then high school. Most of the major courses are huge lectures of around 300 people. But now that I have entered into specific major classes, the class sizes are getting smaller and I am getting to know more people within my own major.

Depending on major & year, professors might know your name. Beginner classes are too big usually to have a personal relationship with the students. I feel most students are very competitive since everyone was the top of the top from their high schools.

Your professors will know your name if you bring yourself to their attention. Attend office hours, stay a couple minutes after class and talk. Depending on your major your class sizes will vary from large to small. It is what you make of it.

The most unique class I have taken was World Regions with Professor John Boyer. He made the class interesting and captured the attention of his students by relating to our age-group mentality. He didn't simply repeat sterile lectures.

Classes are usually large freshman and sophomore year. Class sizes get smaller as you get to junior and senior year. Finance has very difficult classes Students usually study-math emporioum is a big gathering every night