Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Athletic events specifically FOOTBALL are huge here. People party probably two nights a week if there isn't school work to be done. The atmosphere is very social dorm doors are usually open. Greek life is not the be all end all in the social scene either. It's not so big that everyone has to be in something but its not so small that it isn't worth being involved.

1. greek life 2XDA- community service sorority 3. doors are usually open 4. everyone goes to football games 5. Met my friends in HS 6. Doing hw 7. Football is the biggesttradition 8. Every weekend 9. Greek life depends on the persopn 10. Went out 11. Hang out with friends/movies/sports 12. Work :(

I met my closest friends through my sorority and through their friends. Our nights do not always consist of drinking; that gets tiresome. We have 'game nights' with our neighbors in our appartment building where we play Catch Phrase, Monopoly, Outburst and other fun interactive games!

SGA and SAA are pretty large, and easy to get involved in as a freshmen. Depending on how close you and your hall are is how your dorm situation will be. There are lots of things to do here especially when it is warm: the quarry, river, cascades, and Huckleberry trail.

Athletics are a big deal a VT its second only to academics....if you don't like sports of some kind, your gonna feel wierd. But please keep in mind that sports range from football to fencing to dance to hockey, so even though we're really into our athletics its varying

-Athletics are a large part of students at Virginia Tech. Another popular group is the Greek community. Athletic events are for the most part important to many students on campus. A good amount of people often attend speakers and theatre events.

I'd say greek life and intramural sports are very popular at VT. I played intramural co-ed soccer for a few years, and it was awesome! In most dorm halls, the doors are left open. People are very friendly and sociable here.

A major work hard, play harder attitude. Lots of parties and bars to go to with friends. Small town feel with big city nightlife. Very active social scene. Virginia Tech traditions and football are everything! GO HOKIES!

The groups are nice because they are usually small and only involve the motivated students. A lot of people come to college just to drink and get laid and it's nice to know that some people are here to expand their mind.

I love greek life, I would recommend it to anybody and I'm pretty sure everybody gets a bid if they rush. I always have something fun to do if i want to go out and people to stay in with if thats what im looking for.