Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Greek life is not like typical southern sororities and frats because its like integrated into the school. Even so, it is still the best thing I have done at tech and makes the school feel so much smaller.

If you're a guy and want to meet girls, look elsewhere, theres a bad ratio. Athletics dominate. Alcohol is around, but it is relatively tame. Lots of outdoor activities off campus, some nightlife in town.

Greek life is amazing on our campus. Once people turn 21 there is a great DT scene...some of the best bars in Virginia! People eat late night at Dexpress that is open until 2

Unless your greek, your out! The most eventful social events are held by the greek community and if you aren't a part of the greek community then you are mostly out of the loop.

In the fall everything basically surrounds football and football weekends. In the spring it is just a mix of sorority and fraternity events and as soon as it is warm the river.

If you're into marching band, you must try out for the Marching Virginians; this may be the only time you will ever have a director who has his own bobble-head doll.

People party three days a week. The weekend starts on Thursday and continues till Saturday. If you are 21 then you probably go downtown on Tuesday night for karoke.

There 29374829384 different things to do at Virginia Tech. I have been really envolved with Greek Life. This has made the university seem so much smaller to me.

The annual snowball fight is the coolest thing that happens all year. It's civilians vs corp and you are guaranteed to get powder shoved in your face.

Greek groups are very popular. So is the SGA. Sport teams get a lot of attention. Depending on dorm & hall if students leave their doors open.