Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Besides its high academic quality, there are several things I absolutely love about Virginia Tech. For one, the campus is gorgeous all year round. Secondly, we are known for having the best food in the nation. You can get anything from vegetable soup to lobster. Also, since the student body is so large with over 30,000 full-time students, the activities are incredibly diverse. In one day you can take a class in underwater basket weaving, play a pick-up game on the basketball court, volunteer at the animal shelter, and watch stand-up comedy in Burruss Hall.

The concept of "Hokies Respect". There is a sticker, with these words, in almost every building in blacksburg (campus and town around it included). This concept is to make sporting events, clubs, gatherings, every day life, etc pleasant for everyone around you. At sporting events specifically, we strive to make the opposing team, including their fans, feel at home. Our mission is to stay classy to ensure that everyone around us has a good time. Everywhere I go, I have something Tech related on me, so I make sure that my actions effect my school positively.

My friends are tired of hearing about Virginia Tech. There isn't just one thing I could brag about. Our school spirit, football game day atmosphere, and our hokie bond as part of the Virginia Tech community is probably what most people affliliate Virginia Tech with. VT is more than that. We are dedicated to service and the events hosted on campus are over the top and always a time to meet new people and have fun for a good cause. I love everything about my school, the spirt, the people, my professors and classes, and Greek life! GO HOKIES!!

Everyone knows about how huge football is here, and people are always jealous when I tell them how much fun we have on Saturday afternoon tailgates. Also, we have a lot of GREAT social opportunities here-my service sorority organizes socials with fraternities, and we usually do a community service project while we hang out. It's a great way to interact with students while helping out the Blacksburg community that we all love so much! I also tell people about the beauty of the campus, and when they see Hokie Stone they understand!

I mostly brag about how beautiful Virginia Tech's campus is in all seasons. When I first visited the school, I was the most impressed by how each building matched and the set up of the campus. I also tend to brag about how delicious our campus food is. Not only are there a varitey of dining halls, but each and every one has an endless amount of wonderful food. I always have my parents and any visitors eat on campus so that they can experience the beauty of our campus and can eat the great food as well.

Virginia Tech has a widespread diversity and makes anyone feel welcome. The teachers are very understanding and go a lot to make sure that every student can get what he or she needs in order to succeed. There is tutoring available and many programs that reach out to many, ranging from anime club to chemistry club. There is literally something for everyone. Also, the school spirit here is amazing. After certain events, everyone watches out for each other and a helping hand is never out of reach.

According to some recent surveys amongst college students, Virginia Tech is currently the number one college for campus food. I hear multiple horror stories about the cafeteria mystery meat from my friends attending different colleges, and I always smugly remind them that I have access to several dining halls every day, each with exceptionally good food at a reasonable price. I have never gone hungry in my school. As a young, famished male, I think that is a great accolade for Virginia Tech.

I tend to brag about being in a different environment when I'm at school. Many of my friends tend to go to school around the area that I grew up in, so they have no experience in dealing with situations away from home. I brag that I have allowed myself to grow physically, socially, and emotionally on my own and have real world experience dealing with experiences without guidance of parents being a short driving distance away. Being at Virginia Tech has allowed me to mature into an adult.

We have the most school spirit and because we (Virginia Tech) are such a close-knit community, the school feels a whole lot smaller than it actually is. We have a great network here - it seems like everybody knows everybody. Last but certainly NOT least, we have THE greatest football team!! The energy in the stands on game day is unbelievable! GO HOKIES!! Hokies Respect is big around here too. Hokies hold respect in high regards. Once a Hokie, always a Hokie. Virginia Tech for Life.

As a Virginia Tech Hokie, I brag most to my friends about "Hokie Nation". I know what most are thinking: "Wow that sounds like a good name for a T-shirt", but Hokie Nation is way more than just a catchy phrase. Hokie Nation is a connection, it is a love for Blacksburg, Virignia, it is answering "I am" when someone asks "What the heck is a Hokie?" Hokie Nation is a bond that runs strong through current and previous students, and I feel proud to brag about it to my friends at home.