Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Having spent four years here, my best guess at a stereotype would be a southern drawl and an obsession with football. The scenery as you drive into campus seems to confirm these. The open fields with cows and Lane Stadium are among the first to meet the eye.

I honestly have never heard stereotypes of Virginia Tech or Virginia Tech students...the only thing about VT that I had ever heard was that everyone that goes there seems to end up loving the school and that it has a lot of school spirit

"all dirt roads lead to tech" that we're all either agriculture majors or engineers i don't really know of too many stereotypes, though, because it is SUCH a huge school with so many different types of people

We are crazy about football. Tech is one of the most spirited campuses. All the classes are huge, your teacher never knows your name, and it's impossible to get individual help. Tech is easier than UVA.

that there are a lot of rich people that we are very friendly that we conduct ourselves like a large family extremely smart people athletes get off easy with regards to fulfilling academics

I really have never heard bad stereotypes about Virginia Tech...you may here that we have some cow tippers and pretty southern people, however, I believe we are a great bunch! GO HOKIES!

I've never really heard sterotypes about VT students, i'm not quite sure if that's a good or bad thing?? It may just be because not a lot of people focus on attendening VT in my area....

I think people sometimes label us as taking our football team too seriously. Another common stereotype is that at VT you're just a number because there are so many students.

I would say some typical stereotypes about VT and VT students would be that it's a "country redneck" school and that it's not as prominent to our rival school UVa.

I say being 'country' or 'redneck' or overly supported of their sports & stuff. Greek Life stereotypes: preppy, stuck-up, and drunks (mostly the frats)