Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

We are known for being a party school. Also, sororities are said to have a lot of hatred towards one another. We are known for being rivals with UVA.

Since we have an agriculture program, people think we have a lot of rednecks. We are too obsessed with school spirit. It's easy to get into VT.

It depends who you talk to UVA-thinks we are slackers who drink alot Everyone else thinks we care alot about our football and basketbal team.

People say that Virginia Tech is all country, hick kids with missing teeth. They also say that they aren't the brightest people.

Some stereotypes that I have heard is that we do not have any diversity, overwhelming class sizes and are sometimes "stuck up".

we are all jocks, alcoholics, rural, southern, hicks, etc. only good majors are engineering, architecture, and vet school

That it is "redneck" because of the agriculture program or that it is a "tech" school because of the engineering program

1) We are all rednecks. 2) There is no diversity at our school. 3) Sorority girls don't really like each other.

I'd say we have a great reputation as the world's greatest fans! But that stereotype is definitely true!

The only negative stereotypes that I have ever heard about VT are that we are poor sports and ugly fans.