Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Individuals who take pride in their academics and strive to successfully master the subject matter will thrive at Virginia Tech. Current students believe that academics come first. Students who enjoy engaging and thought provoking group discussions and are tolerant as well as respectful of other’s views will do well at Virginia Tech. An individual who takes pride in responsibility and the originality of his or her own work will succeed as the school upholds a strict honor code. Individuals who delight in diversity and are able to effectively communicate with their peers and teachers will be successful.

Virginia Tech is for anyone who is willing to work hard. Anyone will fit in and be accepted by the students here. Hokie respect is not just something Hokies throw around. We really live by it and are constantly reminding ourselves to not degrade, bully, or exclude anyone. The only person who may want to rethink his or her choice of coming to Tech is someone who is not willing to work for his or her degree. While teachers are more than willing to help you through an assignment or grasp a concept, you have to push yourself to learn.

The type of person who should attend VA Tech is a student having a strong desire to learn. The student needs to be able to work in large classroom settings and be able to stay focused in this environment, this is a big university so the student needs to be prepared for that. There is a lot of school spirit at VA Tech and people love the football program. The students need to utilize their academic advisors and challenge themselves in course selection. Students must live on campus as freshman and it is not that bad.

The kind of person that should attend Virginia Tech is someone who first and foremost loves football and who has a lot of school spirit. Someone who is very friendly and who doesn't mind lending a helping hand. Although the school is beautiful it is in the mountains and kind of in the middle of nowhere therefore the person who would attend this school would be someone who likes a country setting. All in all it is a great school and anyone who really wants to go to this school will adjust regardless of who they are.

Someone that is strongly interested in math, science, or technology should consider coming here. We have a great engineering program that teaches you a lot and their are many opportunities to get paid internsips. However, they will tell you that your classes will be hard and they will be throughout the entire time that you are here. You wont be able to go out as much as your other friends that may be in different majors but you must remember the harder you work now the more it will pay off in the future.

If a person is determined and hard working in every aspect they belong at Virginia Tech. They need to be able to work hard even when it something they really don't like. I strive my self to do this at all times. Also, being a Hokie you must have a lot of pride for our school. Both academically and athletically. I know I definately do. We stand strong as a school and we stand together. A lot of people say Virginia Tech is like its own country and every here is proud of what we make our school.

This school is for any type of person. There are the math kids who only want to study, the frat boys who only wanna party, and then people like me and my friends who just want to have fun and do well at school too. You can always find people here you can relate to. It's impossible to not find friends and not have the time of your life. Students here just need to be able to balance school work with their social life becuase sometimes it can be difficult.

I feel that someone who has a lot of school spirit would be a good fit. We have recently when two ACC championships in football which is important to us. Also someone who wants to learn alot in their feild would be good. We have great undergraduate degrees offered. There is a full range of classes not in your major to choice from also if you want to learn some random thing. We have a million and one choices and it is great to choose from.

An ideal student for Virginia Tech would be someone who is highly motivated and willing to put in extra hours for studying to ensure that they know the necessary material for classes. The student must have a passion and desire to better their community, including a willingness to volunteer and offer help to those who need it. Finally, a student will fit best if they have a surplus of school spirit and enjoy Virginia Tech football.

The kind of students who would benefit most from attending Virginia Tech would be those who are relatively certain about their career paths for the future. Classes, majors, minors (etc) are very specific but, of course, it is common at any school to have those few who feel they may have chosen wrong and wish to change majors. Anyone focused, outgoing, and a believer in a strong sense of community should attend Virginia Tech!