Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Virginia Tech can be quite an expensive school. If someone is out of state and does not receive sufficient financial aid, they may need to consider other opitions. Also, Virginia Tech tends to accept most high school students who have a GPA of 4.0 or higher. It is extremely competitive, so someone who is not an overachiever will have a tough time getting in as well.

A person who loves the city should not attend Virginia Tech. It is in the middle of the country and is several hours from any large cities that have stores for quirky, artsy shoppers. That doesn't mean all Hokies are rednecks and farmers, though! Sometimes you just have to make a trip home if you want to pick up something that is found only in more populated areas.

cbc's primary goal is to train people that feel called into full time ministry. although it is a wonderful place to grow in your faith and study God's word, people not planning on being in ministry should seriously consider a christ centered liberal arts university that promotes and teaches the bible in and outside of class.

People who are not passionate about learning should not attend this school. Almost everyone here cares about their future and understand that college is the first major stepping stone to achieving their goals. They are concerned about their grades and everyone tries to help each other understand the topic better.

I don't think there is any type of person that shouldn't attend Virginia Tech. At Tech everyone is so open and inviting that everyone can find somewhere that they fit in and belong. Virginia Tech is a very diverse school and I find it impossible to describe a person that shouldn't attend school here.

Females who are not comfortable around men. There seem to be a large number of men on campus compared to females. Also, people who prefer smaller classes should not attend. Virginia Tech boasts the largest single class in the nation--World Regions--which has over 2,000 students enrolled at once.

Anyone. There are multiple groups of people. But many of the people who go here, are hard workers. They don't let anything get in the way of them and their goal. Many of the people here care about their academics but like to have fun on the weekends. You should also like football and camo.

Since there are so many students it's hard to find a student that wouldn't fit in! No matter what you're into, there is usually a club or group that shares your interest. Despite the large size, it still has the small community feel to it. Everyone is united by being a Hokie.

Anyone would feel welcomed at this school. Virginia Tech has a variety of majors to fit all interests and it is very diverse. It provides many different clubs and extra activities to people busy and the atmosphere is very comfortabe and inviting.

A negative, undetermined student should not attend this school because it would negatively affect the feel of Virginia Tech's campus. I have yet to meet someone who doesn't have their goals planned out and how they are going to reached their goals.