Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Student whose political views are very liberal and majoring in Arts and Science. Also the school is not very diverse so if student is not used to being in a predominantly white populated area they might experience discomfort and feel out of place.

Inactive; students here are proud of their school and they want to be involved in it. Also, solely liberal arts minded; there are opportunities in the liberal arts here, but there is still a strong science/practical teaching base.

Someone without goals or ambition would have a difficult time at this school if they are in the same major as myself. Someone who is typically apathetic about most things in life would not enjoy this school either

Some one who does not test well or does not like big schools. There are over 26,000 students at Virginia Tech and anyone who does not preform well academically in that kind of an environment should not attend.

Someone who doesn't have a lot of school spirit because people are so proud to be a Hokie!, people who don't like the idea a big school and prefer a much smaller setting and people who don't like good food!

Someone looking for an easy A, you have to earn your grades here. Don't come here if you need to be near the beach and warm weather because we're pretty far from the beach and the weather here is bipolar.

People who aren't serious about their education should not attend. This school has pretty rigorous academic work so if you don't take your work seriously, then this school will just be a waste of money.

Someone that can not deal with large class sizes and a large amount of personal responsibility would not succeed at this school. Large campus and class sizes demand the student be very independent/

Someone who is not motivated to do well in school and has no future plans. One who is not a success seeker and just wants to party 24/7. One who is not openminded and accepting of others.

If you can not deal with snow or ice, then you shouldn't attend Virginia Tech. if you don't want to attend a college with a large college campus, then you shouldn't attend Virginia Tech.