Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Prior to coming to Virginia Tech, I wish I had known that when a professor sets a date for an assignment, he/she really means that it is due that day/time and will very rarely accept any late work.

I wish I had known how many opportunitites there are. I worked part-time while attending school and I feel like I missed out on the chance to join the various clubs and organizations at school.

I wish I had realized that my best years were not already behind me. They did not end when I graduated from high school but rather began when I started at Tech.

that it is not like high school even a little bit! it is a HUGE change and difference and you need to come prepared and ready to work and study

I wish I had known that academics would be more challenging than high school. Other than that, I was pleasantly surprised by everything else.

I wish I would have been prepared for how large the campus is. Walking times between buildings can sometimes be twenty minutes.

I wish I had known that college isn't some scary daunting thing, everyone is learning how to go about it together, its a blast.

That college is different from high school and i need to work my ass off to get the same grades i recieved in high schoool.

I wish I had known more about the teachers and their teaching style that way I could have adjusted easier.

I wish i would have known the major that was for me...Also the resources availble to me at school....