Petersburg, VA
Virginia State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Virginia State University

Faith

I'm so glad, I go to VSU.I'm so glad, I go to VSU. I am so glad I go to VSU singing glory hallelujah, I am so glad. The Virginia State University is one of the most family based HBCU's in the nation. We are known for our close- knit campus where all the students know each and can bond and live together closely.

Lloida

My overall opinion of Virginia State University, is that it is in the midst of drastic change academically. With so many programs being offered, such as new summer programs to help students to complete their studies as well as finding a job after graduation. Students that attend Virginia State Uniersity automatically are striving for excellence. The faculty and staff pushes all students to reach their full potential, preparing students for graduate level studies and so on.

Ezekiel

Virginia State is great place to grow and learn to develop your skills. It provides a nice learning environment where students can get a hands-on experience into their desired field of work. In my experience with the campus, I have enjoyed myself but I have also been challenged to push myself to accomplish my goals. The professors here also are very helpful and often available to help you after class hours. I would recommend anyone who is looking for a good education into their desired field of work to come to Virginia State Univerity.

JOHN

As an international student, one of the first things I noticed is they don't get many of us. Socializing would have been way harder if I didn't know anyone because I couldn't relate to most students. I still don't know a lot of people but the few I've met are pretty cool. There's a party on some weekends and a school event almost every other if you want to meet new people. The staff are really understanding and give ample opportunities for you to pass your classes, also classes are not populated and it makes it easier to know the teachers. FYI, VSU has a kickass Business major program. Athletics and sororities are a huge part of VSU's reputation and there are a lot of active groups, especially the modelling groups. Overall, there are a lot of opportunities for you and once you find your niche, you should be just fine.

Jordan
Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library will become your best friend

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library will become your best friend

I think it's a university for all kinds of people, especially those who want to be accepted. It's very gay-friendly and there's not a lot of negative judgement. You'll see people sticking up for each other if they think something wrong is going down. One of the things I love about my HBCU

For an HBCU it's a pretty diverse university. Of course it's predominately black but there's asians, africans, german and just a lot of different people here.

The night life. If you don't party then sometimes the campus can be a little boring. If you're like me though you like nature and all that weird stuff so sitting on the hill behind foster looking at the street lights can be just as fun(:

Alexia

My school is extremely family oriented.

My school is extremely family oriented.

If I were still in high school, I would tell myself to work really hard and study a lot more. I need to be able to push myself and learn how to comprehend things and take advantage of my education. Education is not a right but a priveledge and I believe if I knew then what I know now then I would have been more prepared for college.

A person should attend this school if they are looking for a home away from home and a place to get a good education. Someone who attends this school needs to be determined and needs to be prepared for their teachers to push them to their fullest potential.

TreAndria

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now I would tell myself that I should not have played around in school as much as I did. I would also tel my self to apply for scholarship because you might not have enough money to pay for college. I would also tell myself that college is no joke and it is very exspensive.

I do not start school until August 9 so I really do not knot yet.

Jamel

its known for being the first historically black college ever built.

its known for being the first historically black college ever built.

I would have told myself to stop messing around, and focus more on my school work.

A person who isnt very serious about school.

Yainkain

Virginia State University is a small historically black university which used to have a reputation for being a party school, but I see ourselves as an underdog college because we are increasingly more academic while we have wonderful professors, students along with an expanding college.

The classmates I've had generally seemed to have similar personalities, although their fashion styles varied.

Instead of worrying about trying to make unstable relationships work, you should take the time to think of what you really want in your long term future. Think of what you can see yourself doing as a career, then make note of that as you go to your school counselor for advice. Also, take advantage of the school field trips to prospective colleges and research on any colleges that interest you. Go online and see what other students think of the universities you're interested in, check out reviews about them. After you've done this, contact advisors at universities you want to know more about and seek help about how to go about getting into their schools. Make sure you do this earlier in the school year, rather than procrastinating. If you can work temporarily or get an internship, try that out to save money towards college. Realize that college is different from high school in the sense that you'll need to be an active participant in your education, so don't plan on relying on professors to remind you about doing your tasks. Lastly, don't overwork yourself and give yourself room for a social life.

Virginia State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.