Virginia State University Top Questions

JADA

One thing I wish someone would have told me about freshman year is to save money. Freshman year I always found myself spending money on things such as food. Yes food is satisfying, but at the end of the day I only lasted for so long. I should have been a smart and saved my money for a down payment on a car or for a rainy day.

Sahara

That Virginia State was in the "middle of know where". I had known how bad the crime was on the campus, and how the residence halls are in poor condition.

Samone

That the students are not pushed as hard and it is very unorganized.

Pamela

I wish I had known about some of their resident hall rules, which I don't entirely agree with.

Keambra

The only thing I wish I has know before comming to Virginia State University is that they were building a new dorm beside my dorm. I wish I had known this because sometimes they make a lot of noise while working on the new dorm. While they are working I sometimes can't foucs on my work.

Rogdreka

Virginia State University has a vision to provide multifaceted, high tech educational programs to meet the needs of a diverse society. Virginia State University offers 50 baccalaureate and master?s degree programs and a Certificate of Advanced Study within five schools: The School of Agriculture; The School of Business; The School of Engineering, Science and Technology; The School of Liberal Arts and Education; and The School of Graduate Studies, Research and Outreach. Through a challenging academic program, diverse student organizations and exciting extracurricular activities, Virginia State University encourages students to dream, explore and succeed.

I wish someone would have told me that my school was not in a city (I'm not from the city but only about 10minutes from DC) and that there was a slim chance of getting a job because I had to take out loans since I couldn't find a job.

Chontyce

The things that I wish I would have known before going to college was that having a lot of freedom is not as good as it sounds. Sometimes it is overwhelming living on your own without family. I also wish I had a better understanding of people which include their actions and emotions becauuse there are a lot of different people that come from different places and experiences in college.

Franklin

Before I came to this school I wish I knew that most of the classes are not that challenging. I planned to attend a school that would test my knowlege of what I learned before I attended it and while I attended it, I dont feel challegend.

Elise

yea

BRITTANY

I WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN, HOW THE SURROUNDING AREAS WOULD BE .

I have no comment for the question.

kourtney

how old the school building were

TANASHA

THAT IT WAS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT ENVIRONMENT. ITS THE COUNTRY AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN OUTSIDE OF PHILADELPHIA IN MY LIFE UNTIL NOW. EVERYTHING IS SO DIFFERENT AND IT IS SOMETHING TO REALLY ET USED TO.

Patrice

I wish i had known how to manage my time better. This school has alot of distractions that can pull you away from your studies. I also wish i had known not to trust so many people with my feelings and emotions. Real friends dont come to often so dont trust everyone you meet.

Chalisa

How hard it would be o get housing and how different the teachers are.

Shanice

I am and was content with the knowledge I had upon coming here.

Amrin

how hard it was to get classes you need and how some teachers act like they dont care about their job

Before I came to Virginia State University I wish I would have known excatly how much importance is put on internships and experience before graduation.

Jamal

that freshman have no female visitation. Also about the school as a whole.

erica

I wish that i could have learned time management skills and how to prevent stress because its important that a person becomes sidetracked when trying to focus soley on academics and training to play sports for the following year