Virginia Western Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Virginia Western Community College

Alexis

Virginia Western Community College is an amazing school. The teachers are very qualified and very knowledgeable. The Campus is very easy to navigate. The campus is very diverse. The faculty and staff are very helpful. The only bad thing about this school is that there are far more faculty/staff parking spaces than there are members of faculty/staff, which means students have to park much farther away.

Spencer

Virginia Western is a great stepping stone for students who wish to transfer to a four year school. It provides small class sizes and a personal learning environment. If you finish your degree with a 3.0 GPA, you are guaranteed acceptance into a number of larger public schools.

musavyimana

Virginia western is a very good school to go too, the faculty here are helpful and are very welcoming. It is easy to find help, the teachers are always available, whether it is by email, office hours, or paying them a visit. The campus is not that big so it easy to get around. The food is kind f limit, they only have dominoes and subway only, however there is restaurants close to the school. The extra curriculum is also not that bad they occasionally h movies and have movies and other groups.

Caroline

I entered Virginia Western Community College as a timid 17-year-old, fresh out of high school. I graduated high school in three years and chose to attend community college for two years on an academic scholarship. While Virginia Western lacks some of the qualities most 4-year universities have, Virginia Western equips students with the tools and experiences to thrive in the work force and the classroom. The composition of Virginia Western students is very diverse. Some students are working to earn certificates and enter the workforce while others, like myself, are working to earn associates degrees and transfer to 4-year universities to acquire a bachelor’s degree. The college even has guaranteed transfer agreements with several public universities in Virginia. The experiences I had at Virginia Western have given me the confidence and the knowledge to approach my future education head on. The college provides students with incredible academic resources, like free tutoring, to promote academic awareness and responsibility. Any student can thrive at Virginia Western. The diverse student body composition ensures there is a place for everyone. Additionally, the small class size and approachable professors allows new college students to slowly transition from high school to college. Looking back on my time at Virginia Western, I am so thankful for the opportunity to earn an Associate’s Degree through the college and gain a better understanding of what a college course load is like. As I transfer to the University of Virginia in the fall to study commerce, I am confident that I am prepared and ready to thrive because of Virginia Western Community College.

elizabeth

Virginia Western is a terrible school. This is reflected in the success rate. Do not waste your time or financial aid. You have to basically camp out in your advisors office if you even meet your advisor. You have to beg and plead to get things done around there and simple tasks are such a big deal around there. They add courses to your curriculum to prevent you from graduating probably a money racket to keep you in that hell hole. That place sucks and they actually try to call that place "Harvard on the Hill" yeah right! It takes you years to get what should be a two year degree. The professors there are of no assistance and really could careless about their students. I actually attended a four year college before coming to Virginia Western and it was a state institution. Although, it was a little more money it was money well spent. I didn't have to run around campus trying to get forms signed and begging to get things done and add this drop that, I would not recommend "Harvard on the Hill" to ANYBODY!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!! YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED if you want to be a college drop out or waste years of your life the GO here.

Savannah

I believe Virginia Western is a good stepping stone before attending a four-year institution. It offers basic classes that are good to transfer to other schools. Some students however view the courses as work and aren't too enthusiastic. However, once you get in the higher level courses it becomes more interesting and specialized. It's a good start to save money or is you are unsure where you want to go. But ultimately try to transfer to a four year school quickly.

Sidney

I have had an amazing experience at Virginia Western. The teachers have helped me tremendously. I have taken both on-line and on-campus classes and have loved everyone of them. I am very grateful for a college where I can get my Associate's Degree and then transfer to another college to receive my Bachelor's Degree. This college has been one of the best decisions I have made because it has provided me with exceptional help financially.

Briana

It is a good college and probably the cheapest in Virginia. It feels like a very safe campus. The campus police are always walking around. They will even walk you to your car if you are taking night classes. All the teachers respond to emails within 72 hours. Most of the professors will respond within a day. All the professors keep regular office hours, which is nice. The school has a lot of online/distance learning options for classes. This is important as it serves a wide area. It also has alternate locations (from the main campus) where most core classes can be taken. The financial aid office has been very helpful with my questions. Overall, I think Virginia Western is a good college.

Aaron

Virginia Western Community College is the best community college in the area. All the teachers I have had were great and always willing to help. My fellow students were good and I formed some new friendships there. The college offers several ways of helping students learn. The best of these is the math center which helps students with math, sciences, and programming.

My overall opinion of Virginia Western Community College is that is has wide diversity of people and while there are not many choices in food, I think it is still a good community college. I think that most of the teachers care about how their students are doing in their class and always want to help when they can.

Danielle

I attended VWCC many years ago (back in 2007) and I was always pleased with the campus when I attended classes there. I have done both distance learning and on campus classes and really have no complaints about either. It was a pleasant experience.

Keeley

Virginia Western is a great community college. I am currently enrolled there while still being in high school. The campus is very pretty especially with the new STEM building. The professors are very nice and the students are very nice as well. It's would be very easy to make new friends to get you through college. I highly recommend Virginia Western Community College

Tara

Virginia Western Community College is an excellent, and most importantly, affordable, option for first time students, older students, and any kind of student imaginable, VWCC has been wonderful to me and my studies and has promptly prepared me for college life.

Antoinette

I absolutely love Virginia Western Community College!!! The opportunities that are made available to the students are endless. Plenty are scholarships and food available to students that are in need. The institution has transfer agreements with many 4 year institutions. VWCC is affordable option.

Katherine

The teachers are great but the campus is confusing. There is not a lot of shops and food options. The students are nice and the workers are welcoming. There is not a lot of parking and it is all far away. The tuition is not too expensive but they make up for it in the required books.

Katie

It’s a great school.

Madison

VWCC is a great way to work towards your degree for less money. I use all the services the campus has to offer, and I always get the help needed with my TRIO coach. I have only really had issues with two professors while I have been here for the past three years. Overall, I enjoy the people I meet in classes. I also get to see good friends that went to high school with me.