Denmark, SC
Voorhees College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Voorhees College

Shanice

Voorhees College is a private, historically black, coeducational, liberal arts, baccalaureate degree-granting institution affiliated with the Episcopal Church. The College, located in rural South Carolina. Voorhees College motto is Changing Minds Changing Lives. The aim of the College is to offer each student a comprehensive general educational experience coupled with professional education in the value-centered liberal arts tradition. The College provides an environment that supports educational opportunities designed to help prepare students to function in a multi-cultural and increasingly technological society. The College seeks to produce highly qualified graduates who combine intellect and faith in their preparation for strong professional performance in a global world. The teachers and staff are there to help you when needed but like they say closed mouth do not get fed so you have to speak up if you are needed help otherwise they will go on. My advice for anyone thinking about attending Voorhees College is make sure you have a car or a way to get somewhere far, the reason being Voorhees is in a small town and walking distance there are places to go if you are wanting a late night snack. The Greek life on campus is pretty good they are all cool and have fun. The two that have the most fun and parties and other things would be the Deltas and the Alphas they are all humble and down-to-earth. If you do not hang around fun people you will not have fun on campus, they have a student center with pool tables, table tennis, foosball, and flat screen TV when you are done with class you can walk there for a little fun or wait for the weekend for one of the Greeks to have a party. Voorhees College is a great HBCU to attend and I love supporting my TIGER PRIDE.

Charmaine

Voorhees College is a place where we change minds and change lives. Here at Voorhees, we pride ourselves on the motto. The school overall is not bad. The only changes I see that needs to be made is the activities for students to do and the overall atmosphere of the environment is not welcoming.

Traymall

The school has potential. The faculty and staff are willing, capable and enthusiastic; able to have great communication with your professors within the courses and during office hours. If you do not mind the 'small-campus student' quantity, the fair team sports, and affordability cost, then this is right for you. However, you won't be thoroughly satisfied with every student you meet, the recreational activities scheduled, the academic organizations, and more. But with great people willing to drive you to reach your potential or get the aid you need, this will be surely a blessing.

Alexandria

Voorhees was a place that I definitely never thought about attending! Once I got there my views changed! It's a grand institute of learning for me, and coming from a small town it was safe. I've meet some intriguing people while I was there, and they made me feel very welcomed. The faculty and staff are very supportive. From your Freshman year through your Senior year, Voorhees College will groom you for greatness!

Jasmine

I enjoy attending Voorhees College. Most of the staff is very helpful. We are like family and look out for each other. The class size is small. There is nothing much to do outside of being on campus. I wish there was more to do in the community itself.

Justin

Voorhees college is a wonderful institution. I love my hbcu, the teachers are very helpful. Voorhees is a quiet college, and safe always. Voorhees changes minds and change lives. The best college in the world. Voorhees also let you do activities and join organizations.

Dejori

I think Voorhees college is the best college in my area. They have many extracurricular activities to get into, people there are friendly, and the environment makes you feel like you are at a home away from home. I have and will continue to highly recommend this college.

meiona

Voorhees College is a very small and open college. The Enviroment is great lots of open space and beautiful scenery. The community is a big family. It offers a lot of opportunities for each and every student. Each student is regconized in there own way. Voorhees allows student to create their own college experience making each student welcome in thier own way. Voorhees is all about the students , helping each student to complete college and become thier future carrer successfuly. Voorhees has a lot of student activities that invole students into success and becoming the graduates that the world seeks.

Advice I would give myself as a high school senior is this. Meiona start applying now to getting into a great college that will help you become the best to be successful. Get a job and start saving to help get a jump start of your college experience. the paper work will be hard but you have to complete it on time and it is very important. College life so far is grest. You have great friends and you are with the person you love. Going to college is going to help you succed in life and become the future Doctor you want to be. You will make your mothe and Family proud, you will also be missing them alot but its worth it. College isn't so bad the class are more challenging but it will all pay off in the end. Keep working hard through your senior year and come out at your best. Becoming a doctor is your dream and fullfiling that dream will be amazing. No one will do it for you they can only help you along the way. Dont ever give up , fight through it. Theres no greater feeling then feeling successful in life.

The best thing about my school that I consider is the opportunties that Voorhees College offers to each student. Voorhees is the type of college that offers help to each student step by step. They offer students help with money problems, like offering them scholarships of all sorts to help them continue on with thier great education. They also help each student to become the best student throught out their whole four years. They invole student to evolve into the best students and leaders to face the world. For my first year , almost finishing , I feel that Voorhees is Great.

kanavus

Well, in high school i couldn't find focus but as soon i was in college i was around people who want to be sucessful and i learn from that

Well, the worst thing about it im far from home and a little homesick

I brag on the education im doing and how sucessful i was

Katherine

My classmates here are outgoing, loud, and somewhat different from what I had when I was in high school.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that I really need to buckle down and continue to work hard. I would also tell myself to explore my options at different schools other than Voorhees College and not to spend all that money in senior items. And because I am a somewhat quiet person I would tell myself to break out of that and get to know people because boredom brings curiosity and sadness. Also, i would tell myself not to take any pity from anyone and do not ride people in my vehicle that I do not know or trust. My advice is to myself would be "to be smart and never let anyone bring you down". That is what i would tell myself if I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior.

I wish that I would have known more about the school like the backgroound information and the living conditions because now I feel like I made a huge mistake.

Voorhees College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.