Wabash College Top Questions

David

All-male. People have a great amount of spirit for the school and for their friends.

James

Wabash College is unique in the way that it presents the liberal arts education. Being one of the few remaining all male campuses, it gears the education based upon the research on the learning differences of the two genders, focusing on the male education. The successes of the education received here can be seen across the country in almost every field.

Clinton

It is an all-male campus and class sizes are small.

Edward

This is the only all-male college that I considered. It is a private liberal arts school, whereas my other choices were public colleges. This college has very generous group of alumni that donate, making it possible for numerous students without many financial resources to progress to a good institution. Wabash has less than a thousand students attending annually, but my other college candidates have more freshmen alone.

Robert

We are one of two all male colleges in the US. We have a 90+ percent graduation rate and about 40{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of graduates go on to be CEO's or business owners. We have a tremendous amount of school spirit and pride. We are not a state school, students are not numbers or statistics, but students where the professors know your first name.

Alex

My school is a very unique, small school. The academics offered here differ from those in a big university in a good way. Because we are a small school, all the classes are very personalized. Each student can get to know their teachers on a personal level. This enhances the learning experience.

Joe

Wabash College is one of the few all-male colleges in the United States of America.

Kyle

Wabash College is unique in that it is an institute exclusively for males. By not having any female students, the campus population is very small. This provides pupils a relationship with his professor and opens lines of communication more easily then at a larger, public school. Also, since the campus is very small in it's population one is able to build multiple relationships with other students more easily because they interact more often on a day-to-day basis.

Nick

all male college and there are many immersion trip classes which take student abroad for about a week and are paid by the college.

Bill

When I was making my collegiate decision it was between Wabash College and Michigan State and I feel it really came down to one thing, tradition. Wabash College functions on traditions that have been around since some of the earliest days of the school. For example, there is an arch that nobody will walk under until they graduate for fear they will not pass their comps. It is the unique traditional aspects of the college that set itself apart from the rest of the colleges and universities in this country that make Wabash special.

Hung

Wabash college is an all-male school. Thus we have a unique environment which focuses on brotherhood as well as academic. People are friendly and always there to help. We are very spirited, especially during sports events or social events.

yangnan

All-male, Super exsensive Alumni Networking, Challenging, Academic focusing,

Jamie

The most unique thing about Wabash College is that it is a school for men lol.

Jack

Wabash is a liberal arts college for men. It can't get any more unique than that.

Joel

We're the only serious all-men's school in the nation

Dan

It is an all male institution and a top twenty college in the nation.

aaron

Its an all male school of around 900 students.

Alexander

Wabash College is unlike any other school that I looked at for many reasons. The first is the richness in tradition. THe excitement of the Monon Bell and the many small traditions that encompass the campus lured me in. The second is the greatness of financial help towards the students, I come from a family of 5 where my father is unemployed and two others siblings are going through school, and the graciousness of Wabash's financial aid allowed me to make my college more affordable to attend this great college and earn a tremendous education.

John

There are no women here!

Stephen

I've got nothing else to say other then a visit says it all about Wabash.

John-Paul

The size and it being all male.

Cormack

The fact that Wabash College is one of the last four all-male colleges in the United States.

Wally

Wabash Always Fights!

Elliott

Wabash College is an excellent school for men, and it certainly isn't for everybody. But, I cannot not articulate how this college has changed my life; it truly is amazing, and I think our nation needs to wake up and see the importance of all-male education at the college. The tendency is to always brand all-male schools as chauvanists and sexists institutions because they don't admit women, but if we are using the same superficial standards to judge all-male schools we can make the same assumptions about all-female schools--they're sexists also based off the same principles. But I digress, all-male education is fading in the United States, and Wabash is an excellent example of an institution that sticks to its traditions and history to educate men. Men need institutions like Wabash in today's world so they can be challenged and then succeed in the world. Just look at the numbers, there are 70 all-female institutions to 4 all-male insitutions in the nation; when I think of these numbers, I think of my education and success so far at Wabash, and I wonder why there aren't anymore all-male schools. Wabash has given me so much in two short years, and I think every young man should have the benefit of what I have recieved from this great insitution. I love Wabash, and I think it should be used as a model for more all-male insitutions to be established in the United States.

Jacob

It is all about heart at Wabash. You will be challenged beyond anything you could ever expect if you jump in feet first as a freshman, but the rewards are great and you will be respected for living the traditions of generations before you. Long in our hearts we will bear the sweetest memories of thee, Old Wabash.

Chris

The best professors manage to create lasting relationships with their students because of the way that they spend time with students, both inside and outside of the calssroom. Professors like David Blix, Bill Placher, Jeremy Hartnett, Brian Tucker, and staff members like Jim Amidon, Brent Harris, Steve Charles, Scott Crawford, Betsy Knott, Kyle Dunaway, and John Weitz (to name only a few) make the effort to know their students and as a result continue to make what makes Wabash great: community.

Will

When you come to Wabash you join a tradition that has existed since Wabash opened its doors in 1832. That tradition lasts after you graduate, so strongly that the students have nicknamed the alumni network as the 'Wabash Mafia'.

Jacque

I would like to acknowledge the excellent alumni of Wabash College. I would be shocked to find an alumni network more extensive than our own. Wabash creates a bond that students and alumni alike feel. It connects everyone and this bond makes you forever loyal to her hollowed name.

Blake

There isn't a single place that I would have rather gone to school.