Wabash College Top Questions

I'm not sure there is a worst thing, everything seems to be on the same level of decency.

Brad

I'm not a huge fan of the social scene. The lack of women, diverse entertainment options, and a fun setting is a problem. The town itself is not much fun. Many weekends, there is nothing fun to do except to drink.

Garrett

The worst thing about the school is the lack of free time. Wabash knows how to keep you busy, and they do it. This makes you prepared later in life, but for me limits my want to do extracurriculars.

Weak social life. There are no girls, so in order to see members our age from the opposite sex we are forced to travel to other towns.

shengshuang

Maybe the location is the worst thing. My school is located in a small town, so we can't open our eyes in regular hours, so I think this may be the worst thing.

Derek

The worst thing about Wabash is the workload. We have so much more work than most other schools. My typical day consists of class in the morning, football practice, and four hours of homework everynight. That being said, it is also the best thing about Wabash. Here, you can't slack off like you can at other schools. Wabash keeps you on track with your studies so that when you graduate, you will have worked hard to earn that degree and get a good job.

None

Adrian

I consider the writing here at Wabash is the worst thing so far. As a freshman, I had four writing assignments due in different classes on the same exact day. Now I'm assuming it might have been a coincidence but I'm not quite sure. Professor here at Wabash expect alot out of you and that's terrific. I desire a challenges but there is just a limit to certain things. On the contrary, it could be possible that I'm not using my time managment skills properly. I'm not trying to blame anyone professor for their expectations.

Nothing. Wabash College is Great!

The worst thing about this school is the amount of time you have to put into work and homework. Lots of times, you must give up what you want to do because school calls. In the end, however, it works out because it makes you that much smarter and more dedicated.

The food, there is only one place for independents to eat so there's no choice.

Zhuoxin

location because it is easy to get bored here

I would say that there is a sense of entitlement with some of the students within frats, which causes a large rivalry between fraternaties and independents.

There are no females, and the town of Crawfordsville does not offer much for college students socially

Its tendency to rely on tradition as a source of prolonging antiquated views, acts, and behaviors that need to be abolished in order for a mature school to flourish.

The administration in recent years has become repressive and quick to over react on almost all issues. They have recently asked a substantial portion of faculty members to leave because of the financial situation, which will likely put some majors in danger. With the recent faculty cuts and the attempts by the administration to quash student life, the ability of Wabash to remain the strong school it is today is in jeopardy. I have received a fantastic education here, but I fear that may not be the case for future students.

Sometimes it feels almost too small. Only 900 students. It's all male, which I knew coming in, but sometimes that's quite frustrating.

The worst thing about my school is not having any women around. Without women, the college atmosphere changes. I also feel our food services need to be upgraded to a more user friendly system that is compatible with most students. As of right now, our meal plan is like that of a high school cafeteria.

Alan

The town surrounding our college is too small. We are basically in the middle of no where.

Isaac

The worst thing is that sometimes that weekends can be really dull.

Quinten

It's kind of isolated. There isn't much to do on campus and places where there are things to do are kind of a ways away, so having a car is a big benefit.

the worst thing about Wabash is the insane amount of work you have to do. and all that work will only end up getting you a C most of the time. if you come here expect to do a lot of work for every class. there will be a lot of late nights because of studying and there is no such thing as an easy class here. oh yeah its an all guy school too, so if you wanna meet girls you have to be proactive. and usually there is not a whole lot going on during the weekends.

Derek

no girls...hard to date without them

Joel

All men. There aren't any girls, so you have to go to IU or Purdue, spend valuable money, and probably get no return on it.

It is all male. It is tough sometimes without the girls.

Wabash is in a very small town, this makes it hard to be able to find some things in town, or go out to eat with your friends or famliy. But there is always wal mart.

John-Paul

It has started to fall away from the old traditons just becasue the rest of the world is.

Wanton drunkeness, an overly developed sense of entitlement and a lack of environmental or personal awareness are too prevalent at this school.