Staten Island, NY
Wagner College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wagner College

Daniel

Its location is great because it is in New York City. Also, it is a small school so no class is ever too big.

If given the opportunity to talk to the high school senior I was, my main message to myself would be not to sell yourself short. As I look back on my life, I can often recall instances when I could have tried something but did not. This was because I doubted my abilities and did not truly believe in myself. I often thought that I was not smart enough or good enough, and in turn missed out on many opportunities. As I begin to rely more on my own abilities as an adult, I realize that I have held myself back from many things in life. For this reason, I would tell my former self to strive for every opportunity that presents itself because they may never come again and to never doubt his own abilities for he is capable of greatness.

A strong independent person who is able to make the best out of what they are given. There are many opportunities at Wagner but you must work for them; they are never handed to you.

Lisa

Mostly girls in nursing

Mostly girls in nursing

Make sure when you visit the college you look at the bathrooms and the showers! Try out the food! Check out the upper classmen dorms! Ask some students for their opinion!!!!

Niya

In the next three years, it will be all sororities and fraternites. Way too much binge drinking.

If I could go back and advise myself as a high school senior, I would remind myself to pick a school that reflects the woman I hope to become. Picking a college will be one of the most important decissions you make in life and cannot be taken lightly. Be mindful to choose a place where you can grow, a place you will be openly accepted and find other men an women with whom you will share ideas. You never want a day to come when you will dread going back to school. Keep an open mind, and inspect all of your choices. Throw your fear to the wind, for these are the best days of your life.

Kaeli

Wagner is best known for their theater program and their microbiology programs as well as their 5 year physician assistant program. They are also known for their beautiful campus that sits atop a high hill over-looking the city.

I would tell myself as a senior that when you get to college; attend as much stuff in orientation as possible. Go out on your dorm floor and be social. Introduce yourself to people; there is nothing to lose. College is the time you make some of your life long friends, and this is when you need good friends the most. I would also tell myself to study hard. You are in college to get an education first, and have fun later. There will always be time for fun later in life, but there won't always be time to get a good college education. Don't get caught up in the college drama either. Everything is temporary and will blow over eventually. And the last thing I would tell myself, as a senior is to just be strong. Stand up for yourself and what you believe in. If most people don't like it there will always be someone else out there who agrees with you, and he/she will be your friend no matter what happens. Also, I would advise myself to improve my organizational skills by a lot.

Someone who likes to be around a lot of different people should attend Wagner College. Also, people interested in engineering or any types of therapies. Also, many republicans may not like Wagner because it is a very liberal and democratic populated school.

Alexis

My classmates are helpful, supportive, and always willing to listen to what I have to say even if they disagree with my personal views.

Finding the right college can be such a daunting task. However, it really is the most enjoyable time. You have all these schools that accept you and you ultimately get to decide which one is perfect for you. My advice is to go with your gut and go with where you feel you will be most at home. Do not let anyone else make your decision for you. It is your education and your life. DO what is right for you and what is in your heart. College really is what you make it. GET INVOLVED. There will always be clubs/organizations on any campus. JOIN THEM. Find something you're passionate about and become a part of it. If there's nothing you feel that's for you, then CREATE YOUR OWN CLUB. These are the best four years of your life. Make them count. Laugh often. Live it up. Be a role-model for your school. Be compassionate and put yourself out on a limb. It will be rewarding and worth it.

Honestly, the food. It's not the most horrible food I've ever ate. I just wish there were more choices for someone like myself who is a Vegan. It's hard at times to eat for my lifestyle.

Yirmeyah

Think about the environment you grew up in, if it was poor like mine was realize you can make your quality of life better thorough education. College is what you make of it no matter where you choose to go, stay ambitious and master your gifts.

Someone career oriented who wants to be able to take advantage of first class internships connected to New York City.

Wagner College was the perfect college fit for me because it is in a great location, not exactly in the middle of the craziness that is the city but not too far away from the city either, it has one of the top Theatre programs in the country, it is not a huge school, the teachers know their students by name not as just a number as in the cases of big universities, and Wagner's campus life is fitting to my personality, I have made many friends and feel very safe and comfortably here.

One of the first things I think parents and/ or students should know is that even if a college or university says that they are the best college and that you or you child should go there, does not mean that it really is the best fit. Find a college or university that, first offers the types of things you are interested in studying. Then take a good look at the campus itself, it's location, the quality of the campus, is it clean, is it well maintained, can you see yourself walking around that campus for four years. Also, talk to students who are already attending the school and get their opinions. Go to the school's "Campus Visit Days" and go on a tour, talk to the Admissions Counselors as well as professors from specific departments. Once you pick the school and get accepted, go with an open mind, be ready to learn about all aspects of life learning and growing goes way beyond the classroom. Ask questions, talk to people., be outgoing when meeting new people, get involved in activities around campus, and most importantly, just be yourself. College is the time for exploration and new discoveries.

A person who is not accepting of people of different social, cutural, and ethnic backgrounds should not attend Wagner College. If you are not dedicated to putting your best effort forward in both the classroom and in your extra-curricular activities you should not attentd Wagner College. If you are not wiling to expand your horizons both in thought and in actions you should not attend Wagner College. If youa re not willing to give of yourself to help others then Wagner is not the place for you.

Chelsea

Wagner College is best known for having the most beautiful campus of 2005, the large theatre program, being a division one school. I think our mens basketball team is the best sports team.

The "Wagner Plan" which consists of Learning Communities. There is one first semester of freshmen year which provides experiential learning in the Staten Island community. There are 3 classes with the same professors and students that connect two diciplines. The LC I took connected theatre and art. My classmates and I painted murals at a women's shelter for our experiential learning. An intermediate learning community is required between the students sophomore and junior year.

Don't be afraid . I feel that the undergraduate experience is the chance to have an adventure and learn about who you are . I found myself in New York despite the fact that I am from a small town in Virginia. It opened my eyes to what this world has to offer. This is the best time to take a chance. If you have the opportunity to study abroad , then see another part of the world. I was very lucky at Wagner because of the Expanding Your Horizons program. I was able to take a class on HIV/AIDS and Politics In Kenya, and stay in Kenya. We recieved a grant and started a soup kitchen in the highly infected province of Gataka. Being able to help those wonderful families was the best thing that ever happened to me. I took a chance when I went so far away from home and then I got the opportunity to travel even farther away to a differnt country and help others. My advice is to take chances, learn from your mistakes and always appreciate your blessings. Good Luck!

Adam

GO VISIT THE CAMPUS!!! I cannot stress that enough. I made a horrible mistake and picked my colleges without visiting them. I mainly picked Wagner College because it was situated in New York City instead of my boring old home state of Texas. Plus the student needs to figure out his/her social needs. Some people like to explore and go to a big college, whiler others like the sanctity and security of a smaller school. Basing a school off of its Professors and workload is a waste of time, no matter what there will always be horrible teachers and classes. Professors come dime a dozen, and nothing matters as long as the student does his/her share of the work effectively and precisely.

The best thing I think is the comfortable access to Manhattan. The school provides free shuttle service to the ferry terminal, and one would a 15 minute ferry ride to Manhattan. The best thing about the ferry is that one see both Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty at no charge. The ferry will land in the heart of the financial district (one of the nicest and cleanest). After the trip to Manhattan one can go back to the sanctity and peacefulness of the dorms back at the school

Its far too small, and life can seem like prison there. But because I am in a frat, I am pretty much guaranteed a social life. Yet I still find more enjoyment going out to Manhattan than staying in the dorms. As pretty as the campus looks, the availability of space there is like being in high school all over again

PORSCHE

Liberal, excelent job placement, real world experiences, hard work, enjoyable, close community

energetic, enthusiastic, eager to learn

THE KEY TO FINDING THE RIGHT COLLEGE IS MAKING SURE IT IS AFFORDABLE, LOCATION OF THE SCHOOL (AREA ITS IN), THE SCHOOLS ACADEMIC RECORD, ACTIVITES ON CAMPUS TO BE INVOLVED IN, CLASS SIZE (IMPORTANT FOR YOUR LEARNING EXPERIENCE), MAKE SURE THAT YOUR INTENDED MAJOR IS OFFERED, VERY VERY IMPORTANT SPEAK WITH STUDENTS AND ALUMNI FROM THE SCHOOL ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCES.

Wagner College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.