Wagner College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wagner College

Mia

I had a fantastic experience during my first year living on campus. I appreciated the small classroom sizes because it created an intimate classroom environment and helped me become more engaged and develop close relationships with my peers and professors. Seeing the same familiar faces on campus everyday built a sense of comfort for me while living away from home. The diverse student body exposed me to people from all different backgrounds. At Wagner, I witnessed paths cross from all walks of life that never would have outside of this institution. Being 30 minutes away from New York City allowed me to explore one of the world's greatest cities. The city is full of all types of educational opportunities. There are internships, museums, interactive field trips, and so much more.

Lydia

I love Wagner. I'm a science major in a primarily arts/sports school, I'm in more "offbeat" clubs, and I feel loved and accepted here at Wagner. Sometimes the food and dorms can be a little lacking, but the professors genuinely care, and everyone makes an effort to be loving and accepting toward people from all different walks of life. It is a warm atmosphere, and very conveniently placed, on the northern tip of Staten Island with easy (free!) access to Manhattan.

Insherah

Wagner College is a peaceful campus where students can truly take advantage of all the wonderful opportunities that New York City has to offer while​ attending classes in a place where the professors are passionate about what they teach and are available for their students,

Wagner College is a great place as long as you surround yourself with the right people and work hard. No one is going to come to you, you have to put yourself out there. Once you find your home, you're in a great place. It can be quite hard for commuters because there aren't many places for them, but it's easy to find your group once you know what you love to do.

Gabrielle

I believe Wagner College is a good school depending on the major and what you are looking to get out of your college experience. Being a commuter, I don't feel Wagner is the best fit for me to grow as a student, individual, and to get involved on campus. I hope to receive enough scholarship money in order to transfer to a school that I can grow and succeed in while being truly content with all my surroundings.

William

As a music major, I found the program to be challenging and diverse in the context of a liberal arts education (this is not a conservatory program). The administrative side is awful, the food is lackluster and the campus needs a desperate renovation (although it does have its charm in the autumn and spring), but despite these failures, the education I received, along with the fairly positive experience I had with the community and the incredible transportation options to get into New York City (you only have to pay for a MetroCard swipe - the Wagner shuttle and the Staten Island ferry are free) made for a positive experience.

I'm very happy I chose this school! I grew up on Staten Island and was not ready to leave my home yet. The professors are wonderful and so is the library, and Wagner College is probably the nicest place on Staten Island. Just don't be fooled by the sweet, cozy look of the campus... the rest of the island is a little more rough around edges.

Caroline

Overall, I am very satisfied with Wagner College. The campus is beautiful, small, and the classrooms are of perfect size. What I do not like is that the Nursing program makes it really tough if you want to major in something else. I would like to major in Spanish, but because I cannot fit the classes into my schedule, I would have to study abroad to fit those extra 4 classes in, and the school is expensive enough to begin with. Other than that, I am really happy to be attending Wagner.

Maddie

Food/ Dining Services: On campus, there are two options for dining services; the Hawks Nest Cafe and the dining hall. Hawks has the same food every day and offers a variety of options from Starbucks, to a wrap station, to individually made pizzas. The dining hall changes their menu between meals and on a daily basis. While many students complain about the quality of food on campus, all in all I find myself very satisfied with the selection that the college provides and the availability to students. Dorming: On campus there are four buildings that students can live in; Harborview, Guild, Towers, and Foundation. Harborview is primarily freshmen and contains a variety of themed floors, such as quiet and substance free living, gender inclusive, arts and visual culture, and honors. This building has air conditioning, which works very well. As a resident in this building I find it generally clean and pleasant to live in. Another building is Guild, which contains doubles, singles, and suites. This building is typically inhabited by sophomores and contains gender inclusive living and an honors floor. Towers containing singles, doubles, and suites. The members of various fraternities and sororities reside in this building as well. Finally, Foundation is one of the newer buildings on campus where primarily upperclassmen reside. Academics: The academics at Wagner are excellent. Personally, I am a Physician Assistant major and am very impressed by the opportunities the college provides to enhance my learning. From medical mission trips, to two years of rotations, to lectures given by those in the field I am confident that I will be prepared for my future career. Extracurriculars: The campus offers extracurriculars, though they tend to be geared towards those interested in theatre. On campus, there are several organizations that give students the opportunity to continue their theatrical passions outside of the classroom, such as Shakespeare on the Oval, Student Run Musical Productions, dance club, etc. Unfortunately there is a lack of athletic extracurriculars, which is disappointing to a portion of students. Overall, Wagner is a very welcoming school that offers a great deal of diverse opportunities for its students. While there are certainly improvements that could be made to different aspects of the campus, it remains my dream school.

Wagner is a great, small school in Staten Island, close enough to easily go to Manhattan, but not as busy. Great community among the students, very close-knit, family feeling in your department. The food, which I'd say is the weakest part, has been progressively getting better. Great theater program, PA program, Nursing program, and good sports teams.

Savannah

Wagner College provides a location full of opportunities and plenty of activities and academic programs to get involved in! Located on Staten Island, the school has a shuttle to the free Staten Island Ferry which brings you directly to Manhattan. Visiting Manhattan to find new restaurants, shop, and see shows is a favorite activity among students. This proximity also brings internship opportunities right to your feet and the networking is unbeatable. The school is Division I but sports do not dominate the campus, although a general school spirit is fostered among most students, especially when there's a big game. The performing arts is a huge part of Wagner. There are many opportunities for students to perform in either main stage shows or student productions. There are many music groups, including choir and a cappella as well. Wagner students are intellectual and academics flourish here, especially in the honors program which offers more difficult classes and some early registration perks. Wagner's programs and optimum location make it an excellent educational and cultural community.

I think Wagner College is a great place. Don't be afraid to get super involved: there are a bunch of opportunities around campus for you to show your true interests. There's a wide variety of people on campus, so don't worry that you won't find your group of people. Work hard, laugh a lot, and enjoy it. These are the only four years you'll ever get for college. You'll get as much out of it as you put in, so remember that.

Wagner College is a beautiful, rustic and gothic-inspired campus with plenty of space to explore but still arrive at your classroom in less than ten minutes. With a small number of students, ranging from about 2,200 in total, and a 60/40 ratio from women to men, you will really get the opportunity to bond with each other and make a closer-knit group of friends. You will occasionally run into the same people but you will, in fact, learn people's names. One of the highlights of Wagner's location is the accessibility that the school provides to the city. There is a shuttle service to the Staten Island Ferry that takes you to Manhattan that runs early in the morning to the wee hours of the morning the next day. Wagner has carefully tailored this system so that you are always accounted for, and giving you access to more internship and work opportunities in The Big Apple. Wagner College is truly the school you want to be at if you want to be involved with anything ranging from Greek Life, to musical theater, to chorus, to a Pre-Medical society/club. WIth such a small school, Wagner encourages the individual student to help bring the school to life and grow constantly. You won't ever feel like you're missing something or just don't belong.

Madison

Wagner College was and still is my dream school. First off, New York City is a quick shuttle and ferry ride away, meaning that students can access all that the city has to offer without having to travel more than an hour away or pay a fee to do so. From my experience the campus is immensely diverse, including a LGBTQ+ organization as well as a black student union. Not only do these organizations exist, but they are very well known and host events that the majority of students partake in. There are several programs on campus, specifically the PA program and music performance program, that provide students with abundant in and out of class opportunities preparing them for their futures. Furthermore, the athletics are division one and provide free tickets to students. Overall, Wagner College provides a well rounded education for its students and offers a great deal of extracurriculars that will further the students' learning.

Noah

Wagner is a very great school and it's in a very useful spot location wise. It is a very old school so some of the building and dorm rooms are not the best but we make them work to their best possible use. The faculty at Wagner are very amazing, useful, and helpful. Since it is a smaller college, you really have a personal experience with your teachers and other kids. Wagner is like one big family because all types and ethnicities of kids get along with each other. I would never change my decision about going here. It is a very successful college filled with many talented, brilliant, and athletic students.

ed

The only good thing is a view of NY harbor. Sports teams & academics suck. Waste of $$$. The Greek scene is lame & students are apathetic babies- mostly Staten Island girls, who want to stay close to mommy, or aren't smart enough to get into a good college.

Lacey

I loved attending Wagner College. I played for the College's Division I sports program which was the best experience of my life. I developed lasting relationships with faculty and staff members. The community is so empowering and supportive. If I could go back and do it all again, I totally would.