Winston-Salem, NC
Wake Forest University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wake Forest University

Courtney

I have learned that I know more than what I was taught in high school. I know that I am able to live on my own, earn my own keep, earn a 4.0 GPA and to look to myself for my own future. In high school, you are taught that there is a certain way to do things to be successful and taking a year between high school and going to a university is not on the list. It wasn't on mine either; but for financial reasons I could not prevent, I had to go to a community college and work full-time for a year. I learned at college that there are many ways to do something; many ways to get what you want. So, I applied to go to a university in England--the University of Winchester--and I was accepted. I am attending this school for three years to earn my degree in Education Studies and Psychology. I hope to inspire other students to accept their own path in life, not to be told that they can't do something and to always think for themselves and to learn all that they can in life.

Brooke

In addition to the obvious argument that my college degree will afford me greater employment opportunities, an equally compelling consideration is how my college experience is shaping me personally. As a student at Wake Forest, I am becoming a more well rounded person. It is shaping my communication skills, making me more methodical and organized, and exposing me to a whole new world of learning. Moreover, it has given me the ability to see the right path and work for peace and prosperity. Our university motto, “Pro Humanitate” teaches each of us the importance of caring for one’s fellow man and the world in which we live. “For Humanity” fosters an atmosphere of thinking and action, inspiring us to organize service projects worldwide. This attitude gives us a healthy, positive value system and through interaction with those we serve, a deeper understanding of human nature. I feel confident that my college education will not only allow me to successfully contribute economically to the world in which I live, but also allow me make the world in which I live a better place for others. For that reason, my college education may be the most valuable investment I ever make.

Students who attends Wake Forest should be studious, outgoing, enthusiastic and service minded. Students can be academically successful here if they are willing to attend class and work hard. On the flip side, the social life at Wake Forest is very engaging with a broad variety of extra-curricular activities and clubs in which to participate. Wake Forest students and alumni have deep school spirit, so you should be enthusiastic and proud to be Demon Deacon. And lastly, as our motto is "Pro Humanitate", students should be service minded. If this isn't you, you shouldn't attend Wake Forest.

I don't find too many things frustrating at Wake. Sometimes however, it is difficult to coordinate a tutor.

Shelby

In the past year I have learned many things through my college experience. I have taken classes where the professors truely taught me lessons I will remember my who life. However, there are certain aspects I haven't been able to enjoy about college. Living at home and attending community college limits what college has been described to me since I was little. This scholarship will help me reach the next step, to graduate from my community college and transfer to further my major development and to truely experience college and ever aspect of it.

My last college experience has been working on my PhD. This will allow me to further my career in the educational field as a school psychologist. I have had to postpone the completion of my degree due to financial and medical difficulties. Having my degree so close to completion is very difficult. I am the first generation in my father's family (and one of the first in my mother's family) to attend a four year college, much less complete a doctorate. In addition to pride we would feel, as it will be a family accomplishment, completion of this degree will allow me to complete life goals as a result of the financial salary compensation. I would like to adopt one or two children. Currently, as a single adult with school loans, this will not possible. All in all, my college experience has given me opportunities that have not been available to my parents and will continue to provide positive influences not only on myself, but to others that may be able to be adopted into our family. Thank you for the opportunity.

Wake Forest gives students a wonderful opportunity to explore many fields of study before making a choice for a major. The professor - student ratio is smaller in the upper level classes, making education a joy. The smaller campus allows students to be involved in a community atmosphere without being a "number" as in a larger university.

Brooke

Wake Forest University combines a strenuous academic environment with a family like atmosphere and a strong sense of communi...

Wake Forest University combines a strenuous academic environment with a family like atmosphere and a strong sense of community.

As a private institution, it is difficult to budget finanaces in order to avoid tuition and living expenses.

When I was looking for a college, I knew I wanted to attend a small university that would not only challenge me academically, but also provide diverse arenas for an active and involved social life. Wake Forest has exceeded my wildest expectations. Academically, my classes are not just educational. In many cases, they are inspirational. My professors are always engaging and seem genuinely interested in me as an individual. And Wake Forest makes it easy for its students to experience a multi-faceted life outside of the classroom. My extra-curricular experiences range from philanthropic to athletic, to artistic, to just plain social fun! My very rewarding involvement in the Brian Piccolo Foundation, participation in team tennis, Demon Divas - an a cappella singing group, and membership in Delta Zeta sorority only begin to touch the surface of my involvement on campus. Wake Forest offers me a rich learning environment, encouraging not only academic excellence but also strong personal growth. I am proud of the person I am becoming as a student of Wake Forest University and grateful for the opportunities it has provided me. I will forever be a proud Demon Deacon!

Sonja

Change is a process not many people believe a person is capable of after a certain age, but I can certainly attest that attending Wake Forest has led me to become a more independent, considerate, and informed individual than I was upon graduation from high school. During my time thus far, I have experienced a wide variety of activities and cultural influences that I might not have experienced at a smaller college, and have developed meaningful relationships with my classmates and professors, which I feel might not have been as easily done at a larger university. My time at Wake Forest has helped me fine tune my academic, job, and social skills. It has also helped me analyze who I am and develop the skills I need to be the person I wish to become. While it is academicaly challenging, and sometimes stressful, it is worth it for all the knowledge I have gained.

The lack of socio-economic diversity is often quite unnerving to those who are of families from lower- income brackets, particularly those who are well aware of their family's situation. However, I find that the requirement to live on- campus for the first two years of attendence it far more detrimental to a student's mental and academic well- being.

The amount of volunteer work done by students, as well as faculty, and how much pleasure they gain from it. I also mention the high ranking of the university, and the quality of courses offered. The professors are also extremely available, engaging, involved, and genuinely interested in their students and their well- being.

margaret

Wake Forest is an academically rigorous school with small class sizes and a beautiful campus. The University encourages students to think analytically and also to take our education to the next level by studying abroad.

I have gotten more direction as to where I want to go with my life after college. I have also gained valuable insight into myself through both my classes and the college atmosphere.

The student-teacher relationships are an upside. Because the classes are hard it's important that all the professors have office hours and are very approachable for outside help and conversation.

Wake Forest University is best known for its Calloway School of Business, which was recently ranked in the top twenty for undergraduate business schools in Amercan, according to Business Weekly. Furthermore, Wake is known for producing graduates with an extremely high work ethic and discniplinary skills. Wake Forest truly lives up to its nickname "Work Forest".

I have received great satisfaction from my college experience. As a member of Greek life, I receive all of the benefits of the social scene at Wake Forest. However, being an extremely academic-driven school, I have also learned to balance my studies with my extracurriculars. I believe that this skill of balancing different aspects of my life will really help me in future situations, especially once I enter the working world.

As stated previous, Wake Forest University requires its students to have an extremely high work ethic and a sense of discipline. The work load at this university is very heavy; however, students also need to learn to balance their activities. Almost all Wake Forest students are involved in some sort of social group, athletic activity, leadership role, or any other program that Wake offers. So prospective students should possess qualities that would make it easy for them to participate in extracurriculars alongside their academia.

Adwoa

One of the best academic challenges you will encounter

One of the best academic challenges you will encounter

I knew coming into undergrad that I would be challenged by the intimate setting and academic challenges of my university. I also knew that that was exactly what I needed to grow. College is not about finding what is easy. It is a unique time to discover yourself, your passions, your goals, and be surrounded with people who share common interests and aspirations. Something that I learned during school that I still draw on to this day is not to be afraid of looking dumb. Often times we are our own biggest threat to growth. Fear of how others will perceive us holds us back. Those who are willing to look ?dumb? learn the most by being open with others and themselves. It is ok not to know all the answers. My time in school showed me that it is better to be the most real version of yourself than a second rate imitation of someone else.

Alice

Though college is one of the best times in a person's life, the transition into college can often be difficult. After a semester at Wake Forest University, I've come to realize that the most important thing to do is to be fearless. Especially in a new setting, it can be difficult to reach out to people, whether they be peers or professors. However, the only way to bridge that gap is to put all reservations behind you and just approach people. I met my best friend at school simply by going up to her and asking what language she spoke, and if I had only done that sooner, I would have spent less time feeling lonely. It it also important make connections with professors because those alliances can result in unique opportunities. As a science major, it is my utmost wish to be able to do research with a professor. Last semester, I regret not being courageous enough to approach professors about such possibilities, but this semester, I am working hard to change those circumstances. For, it is only the bold and the fearless who are able to truly follow their dreams and acheive their goals.

I wish I had known that Wake Forest has two little stores, similar to those at gas stations, that are both open late every day of the week. Using their student IDs, students can not only buy a variety of snacks such as cold sandwhiches, microwavable dishes, and simple "munchies," but also general items, such as paper plates and cups, kitchen appliances, trashbags, and bathroom materials. If I had known this prior to coming to school, I would have been able to save room in my luggage for other items since I could buy them at school anyways.

The only real problem that I have found at Wake Forest so far has been the state of the cafeteria, otherwise known as "The Pit." Despite a growing student population, Wake Forest still only has one cafeteria. One cafeteria for a couple thousand students. During the busiest hours, such as 11 am-12 pm and 6-7 pm, it can be almost impossible to not only get food, but to also find a seat. Students often have to wait in long lines for food and wander about the Pit, looking for somewhere to sit, sometimes turning meals into frustrating escapades.

Wake Forest University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.