Winston-Salem, NC
Wake Forest University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wake Forest University

Justine

If I could go back to my senior year of high school I would have told myself to take it more seriously. To not focus so much on having the "best senior year" and more on where I was going to end up next. I would tell myself to take harder classes ask more questions about college and worried more about where I was going to end up verse living in the moment. I would say JUstine you can have a great senior year and an even better future at a wonderful 4 year University if you just balance out a little better your school work and your fun time.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would tell her to not worry so much. I would tell her that college isn't as scary as everyone makes it out to be. I would tell myself that as long as you keep on top of your homework and take good notes in class then good grades are sure to follow. The teachers aren't as cut throat as I thought they would be. They can be understanding of situations, and most of them are willing to work with you. In all actuality college is like high school. The only differences are that your classmates can be of any age, there are no detentions or calls to your parents, and you make your own class schedules. There are also a lot of different offices with different purposes there that can help you with any problems you're facing. Above anything else I would tell her to stop worrying about what could go wrong in the future, and start working on those scholarships. College is fun, but it can be a little pricey.

Eldridge

My classmates are very helpful, fun to be around, and caring.

My classmates are very helpful, fun to be around, and caring.

I would give myself some valuable advice knowing what I know now about the college life and making the transition. First, I would tell myself to study hard because Wake Forest University is a prestigious ivory league school you might as well say and test are way more difficult and is mainly the majority of your grade in that particular course. Next, I would give myself the advice of ALWAYS working hard and expecting the unexpected. However, I would tell myself to be prepared for every class meeting and to stay organized at all times, because that goes a long way in college. Also I must say that you should manage your time wisely. You should focus on each one of your classes in its entirety, but do not spend hours and hours studying every single night. Importantly, you should get to know your professor personally, because that could help clarify any questions that you may have. Yet, focusing on my school work I would give myself the advice of joining organizations or clubs on campus. Lastly, I must say that the last bit of advice that I would give myself is study first and socialize second.

Dan

Overall, a larger percentage of students on campus come from more traditional, conservative backgrounds. A lot of students also dress preppier--guys will wear polos/oxfords, girls will wear sundresses--but there are plenty of people who wear t-shirts and/or gym shorts because it's what they like and what feels comfortable. On campus, there isn't an overwhelming "southern" feel just because students are from all over the place. There are a lot of students from the Carolinas, but sometimes it feels as if there are as many people from New Jersey (including me) as there are from North Carolina.

Wake's academic reputation speaks for itself. It is a top-ranked university, on par with other top-tier universities. Students work hard to succeed, but it is not impossible to do well as some might lead you to believe. If you are qualified enough to earn admission to Wake, then you are qualified enough to succeed here. There is definitely a stress on the liberal arts education here. Every student has to take an array of divisional course requirements, including courses in humanities, the arts, social science, math/natural science, and foreign language. First-year students also have to complete a First Year Seminar and a Freshmen Writing Seminar. These courses are pretty writing intensive, but are also some of the most interesting subjects that professors would not otherwise get to teach. For example, my seminar was called Music of Protest. In the course, we studied social movements in the Western Hemisphere and how music provided influence and social commentary about those movements. Two of my papers for that class were analyses of the music of Bob Dylan and Green Day. One of my favorite things about the academics at Wake is that I get to know my professors really well. My largest class has been about 60 people, and that was an introductory biology course. Most non-intro courses are much smaller, allowing professors to learn everyone's names in just a week or two. Unlike some professors at larger state schools, professors are genuinely interested in getting to know and connecting with students. I have even had professors invite the class to their houses for lunch/dinner on multiple occasions.

Courtney

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to this school for several reasons. One, I really wanted the academic rigor that would challenge me and would prove to the career world that I am a serious worker. I also fell in love with the campus, with the beauty of it and the perfect size. It is large enough to offer everything I could want and MORE, but this school is also small enough where my professors know my name and I am a person instead of a number,

What are your classes like?

My classes at Wake vary from department to department, but each one has been challenging in its own way. Whether it through learning a new perspective or learning a new language, each class has required me to put effort into it. If the student has any concerns or questions, all they need to do is ask their professor. Professors are willing to meet with students and usually have office hours. Some of my classes have completely changed the way that I view the world. The most poignant one so far in my college education was about Contemporary India. This class enabled me to learn about a country that is far more diverse than I could originally fathom. One of my English professors introduced literature to me in a way that will make me never read a book the same way, but with far more depth and insight. Ultimately, classes at Wake depend on each professor, but students have to earn their grades. The standard of education is higher, but it is one that I thrive on as a student that takes my grades seriously. After all, it is the more demanding classes that a student takes the most away from. Each student can choose how much their load will be depending on their major, as some majors are more demanding than others. Overall, professors take their classes seriously and expect their students to do so, but it is always fun to learn from passionate professors!

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The best place to get work done on Wake's campus after class hours are the empty classrooms. One of the buildings, Tribble, keeps their classrooms unlocked specifically for this purpose. It is said that one should take their exams in the manner from which they study, so studying in a classroom is one of the best ways to do so. It is even better to know someone who has access to the classrooms in other buildings on campus, because less people are apt to poke their heads in to see if the classroom is empty, although many just put up signs on the doors when the room is occupied.

I read a college review saying that Wake Forest students were a walking J Crew catalogue. Granted, there honest truth is that there are students who come from well to do families and drive nice cars. There is a very clear "type" of students that goes to Wake Forest, and it is whether a student fits or not that can affect how much they embrace their college experience. However, this does not represent the whole of Wake Forest students by any stretch of the imagination. Less students wear sweatpants to class than other schools, but Wake is filled with a lot of students that mind their appearance without being consumed with image. Some students come from family with money, but there are also a lot that are on financial scholarships. It would be unfair to say that Wake had only one type of student from a specific financial background, since many are represented. Greek like does have its prevalence in social life, but there is also the chance to create a thriving social life at Wake Forest without being in a sorority or fraternity. One of the best aspects of Wake Forest students is that each person can carve out their own social network and find friends that best suit them. Simply, there are so many different kinds of students at Wake Forest underneath the stereotype of students that have a lot of money.

One of my favorite aspects of Wake Forest are the smaller class sizes where the professors make an effort to at least know your face. The academics are harder than the average college may have, but it is this that better prepares the students post-graduation. Since I know that my hard work will pay off, I do not mind devoting more of my effort to my classes. In the end, the amount of attention paid to studying depends on what each student wants to allot, but it automatically affects their grade. One of the best things about Wake students is that they keep to themselves where their education matters. There is no competitiveness to the point where it is detrimental to other classmates. Wake Forest is also very attentive to transitioning their students into the workforce and have a lot of resources to do so. The alumni network is very strong around the country and in some international countries like England. One of my favorite classes what a political science class about contemporary India. I learned so much more than I could have ever imagined about one of the most diverse countries in the world. Due to this class, my world perspective has shifted and affects how I see politics in a global perspective. The professors that I have had are passionate about what they teach, and there is nothing better in the academic sphere than learning from someone who loves to teach in their field--and Wake Forest is full of these kinds of professors.

Allison

To be honest, I do not think that I would give any advice to myself as a high school senior. College is meant to be a mystery to crack and a challenge to match. The most important part about college is learning to explore new opportunities. During these four years, students truly develop a sense of self, and establish what their purpose in life is. Receiving advice on how to handle college would only skew a high school senior's destined path. It is up to the student to decide how to organize and study, how to become involved in activities, and how to interact with peers and professors. While older students can lead by example, incoming freshmen must venture on their own endeavors without their hands held and without shortcuts; in this way, as future college graduates, students can reflect on their undergraduate years as truly unique and personal experiences.

I wish I had known how much the school had to offer in the research field. I did not make use of this resource until my junior year, but if I had been more aware of it before coming to Wake Forest, I would have made sure to participate in research earlier in my college career.

Caroline

This is always a funny question to answer. From where I am from, most people don't really know Wake Forest other than it's academic reputation. I would have to say that the stereotype for WFU is that attending students are wealthy, smart, and close-minded. It's difficult to fully agree with this statement. As a rather intelligent student with a 3.3 in the Neuroscience Program, I feel that there are very smart people at this school; however, I feel as if there are some students that do not possess such caliber of a "typical" Wake Forest student. It is true that most students here are very aware of their grades while cognizant of their position in the social spotlight. In terms of academia, the study body is often very focused on grades. As for the social aspect, it is true that that the student body is heavily involved with Greek Life. As a non-Greek member of the Wake Forest community, I can honestly say that being non-Greek has had no effect on my ability to form new friendships. As for others, it seems that Greek is the way to go; but being non-Greek is fine as well. I want to stress that not all students at Wake Forest fall under the same category. Much like other schools, there are different groups and interests. Although Wake Forest is definitely a smaller school, there are still plenty of opportunities for incoming students to get involved.

The typical stereotype of a Wake Forest student is a rich, white fraternity-affiliated student. While there are a number of students who fit this description on campus, there are many students that do not. Students come from all over the country to come to Wake Forest and thus represent various backgrounds. Socioeconomic status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and political attitudes vary among the students. There is always a bit of truth in every stereotype, but that does not mean that Wake Forest has one-specific type of student. It would not be regarded as a prestigious institution if it did.

Lindsey

The best thing about Wake Forest: BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS What I, personally, would change: The elitist and ridiculous process of being admitted into the social stratosphere known as GREEK LIFE School size: If you're trying to avoid someone, you can't. You'll probably see them at least 3 times per week Reactions: When I tell people I go to Wake Forest, generally they know it's a Top 25-ranked university Time well-spent: THE ZSR aka the LIBRARY. We have had an open relationship since my freshman year here. College town: Fallacious Administration: Natty O. is our president. Sometimes I see him, most of the time I get his emails which he may or may not actually write himself. Controversy on campus; In order of most controversial, 1) Greek life, 2) Politics, 3) What party to go to on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, and 4) On which floor of the library should I study today? School pride: Black and Gold. Mainly at basketball games. Football games are apparently for Lilly Pulitzer dresses and Vineyard Vine button-downs Unusual things: the high number of girls with eating disorders and the dearth of boyfriend-girlfriend relationships. Hook-ups are prominent Experience I'll remember: Creating a team for Hit-the-Bricks to raise money for cancer research Student complaints- THE PIT (cafeteria) gets old real fast, not enough seats available in the library, TOO MUCH WORK, not enough alcohol

What's the Greek scene like?

Everywhere. Stifling. Preppy. Wealthy. Some are sorostitutes, some aren't. I suppose it'd be bad to mention specifics here lol. Some think they're frat starts, only some ARE frat stars. You may have some very nice girls, but they might be underrated and considered jokes. You may have some seemingly nice girls, but they'll bitch behind your back and back stab you in a heartbeat. You may have some very nice frat boys...generally this is fallacious information lol, but I've come across a few exceptions. You may have some seemingly nice frat boys, but really they're probably (for the purposes of this post we'll use a safe word) jerks. But maybe the readers of this post and I have contrasting viewpoints concerning the definitions of 'nice' but who knows.

Generally, preppy. I'm warning those of you who DON'T dress in the following apparel to be aware that you will either a) stick to your own personal style and decide to become a clone of the cookie-cutter look or b) conform. Either way, no worries. So back to my point, ahem. In the summer, girls are in Lilly shorts and vineyard vines tops or vice versa. Boys ooze frat appeal in Polo, Vineyard Vines, Lacoste, etc. So there you have preppy; I suppose we're also stereotyped as being smart AND as coming from Daddy's money...and while this stereotype holds true for what SEEMS like 99% of the student population, it's not completely accurate.

What are some hot-button issues on campus?

POLITICS. I have a lot of poli-sci friends, don't get me wrong, but don't get into a debate with them on who's going to be the next president or the best president. The issue of gays is also an issue in that some people are severely anti-gay and others are UBER pro-gay. It only becomes a problem when dumb frat boys vandalize belongs and graffiti profanity on gays' doors. Don't worry, those frats have been severly punished. They haven't been removed from campus (UNFORTUNATELY), but they have been reprimanded for their heinous insults.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

My Freshman year. January, Spring 2009. Our basketball team won against UNC-Chapel Hill by 1 POINT. It seemed like the entirety of our student body was at the Coliseum rooting on our Deacs. After our win, we rushed the court and jumped up and down screaming for what seemed like hours. Then we all rushed back to campus and TP-ed the quad (we call it Rolling the Quad). The amount of cheering people on that quad was absolutely unreal. SO FANTASTIC to have that sort of bonding experience with peers and people you didn't know. I was hugging random strangers and cheering on our victory. The next day it looked like it had snowed solely on our quad...obviously it was a lot of cheap toilet paper found in the dorms, but it was AWESOME

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Football- an excuse to tailgate and drink to excess. And then possibly watch the game. While drunk. Some die-hard football fans stay for the entire game. Basketball- Way more fun to watch because it's more fast-paced. I swear I like it more because I'm ADD and I need to be entertained. Constantly. Soccer- Apparently both our men's and women's soccer teams are excellent. The men made it to the ACC championships in 2008. Volleyball-.......................................... Lacrosse.................................... Cross-country/track- these people are beasts Women's Field Hockey- Apparently they're REALLY GOOD too. Tennis-............no idea. Baseball- the guys are super hot. But the team's record isn't that hot. I probably forgot some other teams, but if I did it probably means they're rather insignificant

Tell us about the food and dining options.

The Pit. Benson. Shorty's. The Sundry. Subway. Starbucks. Off-campus dining. So let's start with the most common option that involves the infamous meal-plan. THE PIT. Formally known as the Fresh Food Co. (NO ONE calls it that or you're labeled an idiot for life), the Pit is the one and only cafeteria on our campus. It has a salad bar, Southern Kitchen ('cause obviously...we're a Southern school), grill, wrap/sandwich line, omelet station, endless pizza station, DESSERT BAR. That's that. I basically only eat lunch at the Pit, and I probs eat there 4 times per week. Benson includes Chik-fil-a, Boar's head, and Zoca. Chik-fil-a is obviously delicious, but watch out it HEAVILY INFLUENCES the freshman 15. Boar's Head has good wraps. Zoca is disgusting. Don't go there. It might be Mexican food, but it's definitely not Chipotle. Or Moe's....not even Qdoba. Shorty's is our school's own restaurant. It's not bad. Pretty delish actually. And they have beer and sangria specials. The Sundry is like a mini grocery store. The only decent food there includes protein bars and sushi. And cereal. Starbucks is obviously mainly for coffee, but if you want to gorge on delicious pastries like I did my freshman year, go for it. I'd recommend the vanilla scones, the blueberry scones, and the apple fritters (but they're legit like 700 calories apiece). Off-campus dining is the most fun option. Details to come later.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

When I toured the campus the summer before my senior year in high school, I fell in love with the beautiful architecture and its small size. And, of course, there was the minute detail that I actually got accepted here (aka GOT A PACKET) instead of other academically-challenging universities (aka GOT LETTERS, plural, OF REJECTION)

What do students complain about most?

The monotony of Pit (the cafeteria) food. The amount of time spend on studying/homework. Their hangovers. The endless line at Starbucks. The lack of available space in the library during finals week. The fact that they're not drunk while in class. Grades on papers and tests. THEY'RE SO TIRED. They don't get enough sleep. They haven't had their coffee yet. The list is endless, truly.

What are the most popular classes offered?

Well, let's see. RAD is pretty popular. Anything that doesn't require actual work. So tennis, ice-skating, social dance, and my personal favorite, tai chi...which I have yet to try. I hear the class Learning to Learn is pretty laid-back too...I mean look at the title, LEARNING TO LEARN!

Describe a typical weekend.

Weekends go by fast. Before you know it it's Christmas break. Anyways, back to the topic: typical weekends: Friday after classes end, one of two things can happen: a) you start raging STAT. b) you hit the library until dinner time. That night, there's a 95% chance you'll be raging unless you have procrastinated on a ton of work and it's due on the following Monday. Where will you be Friday night...not to mention Saturday night? options: a) in your dorm because you're a socially awkward frosh. b) at a cool frat party off-campus, c) at a decently cool frat on-campus in a lounge, d) at a lame frat party somewhere, idc where, e) at an apartment party with friends and acquaintances, f) at a local bar if you're of the magnificent age of 21.

What's the dating scene like?

OK, so here's the dealio. In general, the people here don't date. Why? I have no idea; however, the exceptions include the following: 1) people here who have significant others generally have been dating them since high school. 2) IF a student here has a significant other, there is a 95% chance they go to another university besides Wake Forest. 3) Hook-ups are prevalent. They occur a lot. I'm pretty sure it's because frat boys don't want to be tied down. They need options. Every weekend. 4) There are exceptions; I dated someone from here once. Are we still together? Nope. 5) Religious persons here generally gravitate toward one another. My ex-best friend is now engaged. She's only been dating this dude for 9 months. Too soon? Dumb question. 6) Attn boys: if you're planning on dating your girl through senior year, SHE WILL EXPECT A RING BEFORE SPRING. So start saving. Or break up. You're probably too immature to get married at age 21 anyways.

Is the stereotype of students at Wake accurate? OBVIOUSLY. This school is chalk full of rich snobs who think they're entitled. It's hilarious, but true. Besides, only some of us belong at this Top-25-ranked university; there are some unintelligent humans here; I'm pretty sure their parents may have bribed the admissions office...

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

"Doing work" can be translated as twittering, facebooking, taking multiple starbucks breaks, or sometimes actually studying. The best place to get work done depends on the kind of work you're doing. For me, if I just have some light reading or easy assignment to do, I'll go to Starbucks or Campus Grounds (the university's own coffee shop). If I have mad studying to do or I have to write a 15 pager, I hit up the library. The 8th floor is my jam, but I also like the red room because there are outlets at every table.

Describe the dorms.

Dorms- let's see, they're different every year depending on which side of campus you're on. So freshman year, I lived in Johnson Hall. It's the oldest dorm on campus, but I didn't really have any problems. And thank the LORD that all of the dorms are air-conditioned. August in NC is HOT and HUMID. The rooms are pretty tiny, not going to lie, but if you have a decent roommate, it's not so bad. The frosh year dorms are on the south quad, so they're uber close to classes aka if you only wake up 5 min before class, you can still make it to class. Sophomore year I lived in Taylor Hall- it was more like a suite of rooms instead of hall-style. But they're pretty much the same. We lived near the sig chi lounge, so sometimes it was loud, but we dealt. We had the occasional cockroach or mold issue, but trust me, those are normal. Fire alarms were quite frequent though. Every dorm has THAT problem.

What are your classes like?

As a general rule, I really like my classes...I mean I ought to, they're classes for my majors, English and French. But as to what my classes are "like"? They are generally around 18-25 students per class, class participation is generally mandatory, but that's okay because you get to show off your smarts with witty comments. Classes are either 50 minutes long/ 3x a week, OR 1hr15min classes/twice a week. I prefer 50 minutes classes...mainly because I swear I'm slightly ADD and I can't keep focus for that long.

Most popular student group of all time: Greek life sororities and fraternities. Second most popular- Student Union. I'm involved with the Learning Assistance Center tutoring program. I tutor French because I love it, and most of my "tutees" need help because their professors are grammar nazis. Students leave doors open- there's a fifty-fifty chance that your stuff will be fine or will be stolen. Athletic events are popular in different ways- football games: primarily for tailgates, and basketball games; primarily for cheering on the Deacs. Guest speakers are the shit; Joe Biden talked at the 2008 class graduation. Emily Giffen, one of my favorite authors, spoke here. Too bad I was studying abroad in Paris at the time. Dating scene: almost non-existent unless one has a significant other they've been dating since high school. Most people jut hook up. My closest friends I met randomly. One was a friend of a friend, and one I met at the gym. If Im awake at 2am on a Tuesday, I'm doing homework or studying. What a shocker. Traditions and events: Shag on the Mag- it's a dance, not sex. Homecoming- people get dressed up and dressed down after they get schwasted. Lighting of the Quad- Christmas tree gets lit up. Delicious cider is served. Big deal. People party a lot because we're so stressed out and drinking helps us de-stress and forget about out 25page papers for a while. Frats/Sororities: be in one or be ostracized. Last weekend, I hosted a Christmas party and I made Peppermint Schnapps hot chocolate. It was delectable. On a Saturday night, if you prefer not to drink, DON'T GO OUT SOBER. Go to the movies or do some more homework. Off campus, I go thrift-store shopping, go on booze runs, or go on the occasional date if I'm lucky.

Greeks tend to be anti-gay. Religious people sorta suck. They ostracize you as much as the Greeks do. An artsy student might feel out of place here, but the arts department is brilliant in its productions, especially in their comedy troupe, the Lilting Banshees. Most students aka sorority girls and frat boys wear Lilly Pulitzer dresses or polos, respectively, and in the winter, the girls wear spandex leggings, a sweatshirt, and Uggs, while guys wear...more POLO and Vineyard Vine apparel. Different types of students don't interact. It's like an unspoken rule or something. At any given time at 4 different tables of students, there will be a) a table of Asians...who speak Asian, b) sorority girls who have very high-pitched voices and continuously chatter about who they hooked up with 6 months ago, c) jocks. they don't talk- they watch ESPN, and finally d) the rest of us- non-Greeks who are generally genial people. Most students here come from money. They spend Daddy's money. They show off their money through their wardrobe choices. Financial backgrounds- 2 sides: either super well-off or people who need scholarships and will have loans coming out of their asses when they graduate. Surprisingly, the student body is split right down the middle, 50/50, when it comes to being liberal or conservative in regards to politics. You have two groups of students in regards to future income: A) those of us who major in what we LOVE so we'll be HAPPY later on. WE don't care too much about income. B) Those who major in Finance so they can be head-honchos on Wall Street by the time they're 25. They hate their lives, but they want moolah.

Professors generally know your name unless they're super old and have a hard time remembering. My favorite class this semester is Shakespeare; my professor is a BOSS. My least favorite class was Calculus. I failed. Students study a lot; we have to. We're constantly updating facebook and twitter accounts about retarded things that happen to us in the library. Class participation is a must. Students aren't intellectual outside of class- we have a crap ton of work all the time, that's why we rage so much. Students can be competitive depending on the major. The most unique class I've taken was the World of Opera; it was my freshman year seminar, and I absolutely loved it...even if I had to listen to Don Giovanni at 8am. I'm double majoring in English and French. The English department is awesome, intelligent, and biased. The French department is miniscule; I want to get my PhD in History so I can teach French history here. I go to lunch and get coffee with professors on the reg. Academic requirements are tough, but this is a great academic university. Deal with the hardships. You'll live. Our Career Services Dept is awesome at helping students find jobs after graduation. I would know, I'm on their student committee.

The stereotype of students at my university includes but is not limited to the following: sorostitutes, frat stars, ostracized geeds, crazy-intellectual Asians, religious hypocrites, and the high-on-cloud-nine debate team

Brittney

The best thing about Wake Forest University is the people. The workers, the professors, your fellow classmates, everyone is on the same page as you to make campus a great place. The size of the school is just right for someone like me who likes a lot of people but not too many where you feel lost. I spend most of my time on campus in the library since that is also where my work study and Starbucks is. Winston-Salem is not a huge college town but it is growing with at least three other colleges and a downtown area. There's definitely a lot of school pride in campus events including athletics. Being here you definitely will be proud to be a Demon Deacon!

When you step off campus what do you see?

When you step off campus you see what I like to call a nice country-city! It's spacious and beautiful like a country town with a lot of land and good weather, yet plenty of businesses and things to do like in a big city. Around campus is a lot of shopping, restaurants, and apartment complexes full of college students.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

The sports scene on campus is insane! Every sport has fans whether it be the ACC Football and Basketball team or the Club Frisbee team. There are so many sports to play and watch you have no choice but to stay active. And since Wake Forest has had many great athletes don't be surprise if your favorite professional player stops by on campus for an event like the Josh Howard or Chris Paul Celebrity Basketball games.

Just like it's name, Wake is not one of those campuses that is located in the center of a city. It is a very pretty, secluded campus surrounded by tress that feels like you are really in a forest. But that;s on the outskirts, the main campus also has two quads (the main quad and the lower quad) where you attend class and can grab food. Then there's the dorms with freshman living on South Campus and upperclassmen living on North Campus. The roads on campus basically form a big oval with 3 different entrances and construction on a business school.

What are your classes like?

My classes consist of 3 English major courses (African American Fiction, African American Poetry, and 18th century British Literature). They are so interesting but a lot of reading and a lot of paper writing. The Writing Center is my best resource besides my professor's office hours on handling everything.

A big part of being a Demon Deacon is supporting athletics. Football games and basketball games are especially a huge deal. But there is an chance for everyone to find a sport they love from Rugby to Frisbee. Being a theatre minor theater I am partial to the performance arts at Wake like the plays, singing and dance concerts. The closest friends are usually met freshman year in your hall or dorm. There's a lot of studying but also time for fun like Wake Wednesday when frats throw theme parties and a shuttle that runs students to downtown bars. Most events are located on campus though, we call it the "Wale Forest Bubble" we don't leave too frequently.

Being an African American female you would think it would be hard to be in the minority here at Wake Forest University. But there is really a group for everyone here at WFU regardless of your race, religion or believes. I've attended meetings of everything from the Black Student Alliance to the Young Democrats. I feel like every student could feel at place here in this school. The thing is to try new things and not be confined to one group because Wake offers many opportunities for interaction but it's up to the students to take them. We all come from different places but have the same goals to be successful after we leave the University.

Wake Forest University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.