Winston-Salem, NC
Wake Forest University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wake Forest University

Shauna

I am the first person in my generation in my family to attend a reputable college or university with their sights set on graduating. Wake Forest University has afforded me opportunities that I could not have dreamed of years ago, both on an academic and social level. Wake Forest has granted me the ability to work and volunteer in fields I love , the ability to become part of a close-knit community of avid sports fans, academians, and wholesome people. It has linked me with over 100,000 women as part of the Greek system. Wake Forest has currently provided me with the gift of studying abroad, allowing me to spend 4 months living , working, and studying overseas through an affiliate program for Wake Forest graduation credit. Wake Forest's professors care about their students. As a freshman on campus, I became very ill and fainted in seminar I awoke to my professor soothing me until medical personnel arrived, and then she accompanied me to the hospital, and stayed six hours in the emergency room although we had never spoken and had met a week before. This is a unique faculty-student relationship that can only be cultivated by cohesiveness

The academic prowess coupled with such strong school spirit and bigtime athletics is hard to find in a small school.

Kacey

My college experience has treated me very well. The only complaint that I have is the whole money situation. I am a 32 year old non-traditional student. I have a wife and three kids. So dropping everything to go to college takes a lot of carful budgeting and planning. I do have to say that going to college when you are older seems to mean more to you then when you are younger. I can’t wait to go to school every day and learn something new and useful each day. I go to a very good college with top notch instructors. I believe that starting out on the community level of college gives the student a much better grasp of college as a whole. I am still undecided on if I want to pursue and engineering degree. It feels good to know that I am making a differece in my life and my familys. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Going to College has allowed me to pursue more in-depth knowledge and gain a better understanding of specified subjects and on events happening in the world today. The process of choosing classes causes one to learn the best way to research, and interpret the given descritons and facts on their own , when registering for the next quarter's classes. College has taught me not only how to find information, but where to look for it and how to identify what part of that data best fits what I am looking for. The wide array of subjects and the various teaching styles of the instructors shows the different ways and techniques we will need when entering and particpating in our chosen profession, thus preparing one for when they are out in the business world. All in all the range of knowledge and techniques offered give on ample opportunity to, not only learn, but practice using the necessary knowledge to function efficiently in society.

Celina

Having gone to college I have made friends with people who I would never have associated with. With these friends I have gone to places and done things that were new to me. Since going to college I have gone ice skating, have had fun studying, and learned more about carbons than the average person will ever know about. One of the main reasons college has been valuable is because it has helped to boost my self esteem; I am liking who I am. After being in college a few years I have realized that I am made of strong stuff. I never thought that I would be able to get an A in an Organic Chemistry class or that I can go to school and work without letting my grades slip. I have learned that there is almost nothing I can not do; the only thing that can stop me is lazyness. With each class I take, I am one step closer to fufilling my dream of becoming a veterinarian. I like who I am, I am a stronger person, and my dreams are coming true; life can't get any better than that.

Katherine

Football, academic rigor, and the amount of drinking that goes on.

Football, academic rigor, and the amount of drinking that goes on.

I got an excellent education at Wake Forest. My Civil Wars class, for instance, went beyond the “what” of political crises and instead focused on the “why” and “how.” I also got much out of my work with Amnesty International. As co-president, I organized an awareness event on the LRA, Hunger Banquet, Domestic Violence event, and myriad other campagns. Last spring I studied abroad in London, which gave me the chance to take courses different from what I was used to. Taking historical tours around London, going to museums and theatre weekly, and researching the colonialism in Uganda as independent research broadened by intellectual horizons, especially since I was in the relevent context. London taught me how to glean more from what I read in books, and see in artwork and on stage. I became more culturally aware by being a tourist in London, Italy and Greece, where I traveled for spring break. Understanding the difficulty of language and cultural barriers gave me a new appreciation for the struggles of immigrants in the US. While ultimately I left Wake Forest for personal reasons, I gained much academically from the two years I was there.

The professors are highly qualified and engaged. They really know what they're talking about and are really excited to impart their knowledge to the students. The classes aren't overly big and are rarely completely lecture-based. There are a lot of class discussions in which most students in the class are involved. There are also a wide variety of classes for people with many different interests and majors.

Courtney

I have learned that I know more than what I was taught in high school. I know that I am able to live on my own, earn my own keep, earn a 4.0 GPA and to look to myself for my own future. In high school, you are taught that there is a certain way to do things to be successful and taking a year between high school and going to a university is not on the list. It wasn't on mine either; but for financial reasons I could not prevent, I had to go to a community college and work full-time for a year. I learned at college that there are many ways to do something; many ways to get what you want. So, I applied to go to a university in England--the University of Winchester--and I was accepted. I am attending this school for three years to earn my degree in Education Studies and Psychology. I hope to inspire other students to accept their own path in life, not to be told that they can't do something and to always think for themselves and to learn all that they can in life.

Brooke

In addition to the obvious argument that my college degree will afford me greater employment opportunities, an equally compelling consideration is how my college experience is shaping me personally. As a student at Wake Forest, I am becoming a more well rounded person. It is shaping my communication skills, making me more methodical and organized, and exposing me to a whole new world of learning. Moreover, it has given me the ability to see the right path and work for peace and prosperity. Our university motto, “Pro Humanitate” teaches each of us the importance of caring for one’s fellow man and the world in which we live. “For Humanity” fosters an atmosphere of thinking and action, inspiring us to organize service projects worldwide. This attitude gives us a healthy, positive value system and through interaction with those we serve, a deeper understanding of human nature. I feel confident that my college education will not only allow me to successfully contribute economically to the world in which I live, but also allow me make the world in which I live a better place for others. For that reason, my college education may be the most valuable investment I ever make.

Students who attends Wake Forest should be studious, outgoing, enthusiastic and service minded. Students can be academically successful here if they are willing to attend class and work hard. On the flip side, the social life at Wake Forest is very engaging with a broad variety of extra-curricular activities and clubs in which to participate. Wake Forest students and alumni have deep school spirit, so you should be enthusiastic and proud to be Demon Deacon. And lastly, as our motto is "Pro Humanitate", students should be service minded. If this isn't you, you shouldn't attend Wake Forest.

I don't find too many things frustrating at Wake. Sometimes however, it is difficult to coordinate a tutor.

Shelby

In the past year I have learned many things through my college experience. I have taken classes where the professors truely taught me lessons I will remember my who life. However, there are certain aspects I haven't been able to enjoy about college. Living at home and attending community college limits what college has been described to me since I was little. This scholarship will help me reach the next step, to graduate from my community college and transfer to further my major development and to truely experience college and ever aspect of it.

My last college experience has been working on my PhD. This will allow me to further my career in the educational field as a school psychologist. I have had to postpone the completion of my degree due to financial and medical difficulties. Having my degree so close to completion is very difficult. I am the first generation in my father's family (and one of the first in my mother's family) to attend a four year college, much less complete a doctorate. In addition to pride we would feel, as it will be a family accomplishment, completion of this degree will allow me to complete life goals as a result of the financial salary compensation. I would like to adopt one or two children. Currently, as a single adult with school loans, this will not possible. All in all, my college experience has given me opportunities that have not been available to my parents and will continue to provide positive influences not only on myself, but to others that may be able to be adopted into our family. Thank you for the opportunity.

Wake Forest gives students a wonderful opportunity to explore many fields of study before making a choice for a major. The professor - student ratio is smaller in the upper level classes, making education a joy. The smaller campus allows students to be involved in a community atmosphere without being a "number" as in a larger university.

Brooke

Wake Forest University combines a strenuous academic environment with a family like atmosphere and a strong sense of communi...

Wake Forest University combines a strenuous academic environment with a family like atmosphere and a strong sense of community.

As a private institution, it is difficult to budget finanaces in order to avoid tuition and living expenses.

When I was looking for a college, I knew I wanted to attend a small university that would not only challenge me academically, but also provide diverse arenas for an active and involved social life. Wake Forest has exceeded my wildest expectations. Academically, my classes are not just educational. In many cases, they are inspirational. My professors are always engaging and seem genuinely interested in me as an individual. And Wake Forest makes it easy for its students to experience a multi-faceted life outside of the classroom. My extra-curricular experiences range from philanthropic to athletic, to artistic, to just plain social fun! My very rewarding involvement in the Brian Piccolo Foundation, participation in team tennis, Demon Divas - an a cappella singing group, and membership in Delta Zeta sorority only begin to touch the surface of my involvement on campus. Wake Forest offers me a rich learning environment, encouraging not only academic excellence but also strong personal growth. I am proud of the person I am becoming as a student of Wake Forest University and grateful for the opportunities it has provided me. I will forever be a proud Demon Deacon!

Wake Forest University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.