Wake Forest University

« See more reviews of Wake Forest University

Preparing diverse students for success in the 21st Century, Winston-Salem State University offers quality educational programs at the baccalaureate and graduate levels. Students are engaged in active and experiential learning and have access to education through flexible delivery modes. The University is dedicated to the development of students through excellence in teaching, scholarship and service. As a comprehensive, historically Black constituent institution of the University of North Carolina, Winston-Salem State University contributes to the social, cultural, intellectual and economic growth of the region, North Carolina and beyond.

Those who know of "Wake Forest" know that it is a small university, consisting of about 5,000 undergraduates. As a result of its modest size, Wake Forest has an impressive student-to-faculty ratio. Professors genuinely want to develop meaningful relationships with their students, and this experience is invaluable for students. Also, "Work Forest" is known for its hefty workload. But we truly learn, about more than just subject matter. Our professors take their time to teach us how to think and utilize our knowledge in positive ways. Wake Forest is known for shaping innovators.

Wake Forest University is best known for its Calloway School of Business, which was recently ranked in the top twenty for undergraduate business schools in Amercan, according to Business Weekly. Furthermore, Wake is known for producing graduates with an extremely high work ethic and discniplinary skills. Wake Forest truly lives up to its nickname "Work Forest".

It is known for its emphasis on service and giving back to the community. Also, although it is a small liberal arts college, it also gives students plenty of opportunity to do research regardless of what field they are in.

Wake Forest is an academically rigorous school with small class sizes and a beautiful campus. The University encourages students to think analytically and also to take our education to the next level by studying abroad.

Wake is best know for the amount of work it demands of its students, giving it the nickname "Work Forest".

Wake is known not only for top academics, but our athletics has flourished in the past few years as well.

I think my school is well known around the area as a prestigious school, with a big work load.

Demanding a lot from their students academically and constantly striving for the best.

Academics, Basketball and Football, Social Life, Sororities and Fraternities.