Wake Forest University

« See more reviews of Wake Forest University

I am an athlete and my college experience is very different from the experience of someone who is involved in a greek organization, I promise. During season, I go to class, go to practice, go home and sleep. I can tell you exactly what I'll be doing on any given day at any given time. My schedule is made for me and I have no control over it. Some people who are not athletes think we are stuck up because we don't go out all the time or we keep to ourselves. We aren't stuck up, we're just tired from practicing and conditioning for 4 hours everyday.

GO ABROAD. Many Wake students go in the fall, but there are still a lot of people who don't take the opportunity. I lived with a family who spoke little English, learned the language, traveled Europe cheaply and had the best semester of my life. My European friends are even coming here to stay with me. If you can't afford to go because of academics or otherwise, do a summer program. AND I think doing a program with another university and not living in a Wake house is the way to go... but that's just my opinion.

Wake Forest University, in my opinion, was the only school on my list that had the stereotype of the student population being rich, Southern, and conservative. However, it turned out to that the student body was much more diverse and accepting than I had originally believed. What makes Wake Forest unique is the fact my strong, pre-conceived opinion of the school changed so drastically over the course of the year, and I believe this is the only school where my opinion would have changed that much.

Bottom Line: Wake is GREAT. I am so happy that I chose to come to Wake because I am having the time of my life. I am getting a quality education in the classroom and out of the classroom. I have made so many friends from so many different parts of the US and I cannot wait for summer break when I can go visit them! If I was chosing between a larger, public school and Wake, I would tell anyone to choose Wake just because they will have the time of their lives!

The success in Division I sports in relation to our size. Wake is one of the smallest division I schools in the nation (behind Rice and 1 or 2 others) but we still compete in the ACC and do exceptionally well in many sports. The small size makes season tickets available to all students and the athletes blend in more with the rest of the student body, both things that do not happen at large state schools.

It is small, good, and doesn't get enough recognition nationally. Most people that come here know what they are getting into. Definitely come visit! A lot of current students were not interested in Wake until they visited, often as a side trip when visiting Duke, and ending up finding it to be a perfect fit.

Wake Forest was considerably smaller than other schools I considered. Looking back, I believe it was the ideal size. It was small enough to allow for small class sizes, but large enough to meet new people every semester.

If I could do it all over again, I probably would not come to Wake Forest, but I feel like I have at least tried to make the best out of it, and I'm not completely miserable in my small group of friends.

While the academics here are fantastic, the career services SUCK. They focus strictly on business--there is NO help available to you if you are any other major. Do not expect help--you won't get any.

Wake is a great school, but like any college experience, it is what you make of it. Choose your university wisely and you will have a great time. Just be forewarned, Wake is not for everyone.